Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-11-2012, 13:38   #21
GAFinch

Mormons are heretics, but they share the same overall moral system as non-progressive Jews and Christians, unlike the totalitarian faux religions of Marxism or Islam with their twisted moral systems. Decisions in politics are almost always made based on morals, not on theology. I'll take a morally-sound Mormon over a progressive (Marxist) Episcopalian, progressive Presbyterian, progressive Reform Jew, progressive atheist, Islamofascist, Islamo-communist hybrid like Hussein, etc.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 13:41   #22
Gunnut 45/454

If I was to base my vote totally on religous veiws it's still a very easy choice! Obamamoa- raised as a marxist/taught in the ways of Islam. Sat in a racist black church for 20 years yet never had a racist thought? Has very questionable morals and beliefs! Favors gay rights/marriage, abortion and is a consumate liar! Mit a moral/just and charitable person. A father of very well taught an moral children. Favors marriage between a man and a woman. Apposes abortion. Easy choice for those that believe in moral charactor!
Old 10-11-2012, 13:53   #23
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
Mormons are heretics, but they share the same overall moral system as non-progressive Jews and Christians, unlike the totalitarian faux religions of Marxism or Islam with their twisted moral systems. Decisions in politics are almost always made based on morals, not on theology. I'll take a morally-sound Mormon over a progressive (Marxist) Episcopalian, progressive Presbyterian, progressive Reform Jew, progressive atheist, Islamofascist, Islamo-communist hybrid like Hussein, etc.
Just to bounce off of this post -- I believe we all need to view candidates (or people in general) in terms of their moral compass, and not what religions they purport to ascribe to. On the one hand, we have someone like Father Pfleger -- ostensibly a Catholic priest, and about as radical a Marxist kook as one could get. On the flip side, Nikki Haley was raised a Sikh, and has evidently converted to the Methodist Church -- but whether she is a Methodist or a Sikh, I would have confidence in her guiding principles in regard to how she approaches life and governance.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 15:41   #24
gilfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
It really is kind of interesting listening to the religious people in my area. The more hard core christians won't vote for romney because they consider a mormon to not be a christian. The less hard core types are kind of torn between voting for a devout mormon, or a christian-in-name-only.
I'm not christian so I'm not in this discussion.

Is it just me or are most people treating this election as a bigger deal than past election?

Aren't the real bible thumpers you speak of forgetting the aborton issue.
gilfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 17:22   #25
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

I'm a godless heathen that renounced religion. Religion of a candidate is irrelevant to me unless they use it to affect my life in some manner.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 17:26   #26
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
It really is kind of interesting listening to the religious people in my area. The more hard core christians won't vote for romney because they consider a mormon to not be a christian. The less hard core types are kind of torn between voting for a devout mormon, or a christian-in-name-only.
I'm not christian so I'm not in this discussion.

Is it just me or are most people treating this election as a bigger deal than past election?
Not seeing it. I could care a less whether Romney is a Mormon and who knows what Obama really is. I'm more focused on what the next 4 yrs would look like under Obama versus Romney. I don't recall anyone that I've spoken with who gave a rat's ass about the religion of the candidates.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 17:49   #27
frank4570
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilfo View Post
Aren't the real bible thumpers you speak of forgetting the aborton issue.
Please don't try to get me to make sense out of any of this religious stuff.
But I believe the idea is that worshiping the wrong god is pretty much worse than anything else, particularly if you are wearing the label christian.

And now that Obama supports abortion rights, and Romney does not, I would like to see how those fire and brimstone black churches are dealing with this whole thing.
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 17:54   #28
beforeobamabans
FYPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
This is a very well constructed post. Factual, accurate, then practical. I would only add African Liberation Theology to the list. Well done, Finch.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin

Last edited by beforeobamabans; 10-11-2012 at 17:57..
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 22:28   #29
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

In a June 2011 Gallup poll when asked, "If your party nominated a generally well-qualified person for president who happened to be Mormon, would you vote for that person?"

Overall 22% said no -- 18% of Republicans said no, 27% of Democrats said no.

However, I strongly suspect now that the theoretical question has become an actual Obama vs. Romney question that many of those Republicans would reconsider their "no". I suspect that the Weekend at Bernie's corpse would have a pretty strong showing as the "not Obama" candidate.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 22:42   #30
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
In a June 2011 Gallup poll when asked, "If your party nominated a generally well-qualified person for president who happened to be Mormon, would you vote for that person?"

Overall 22% said no -- 18% of Republicans said no, 27% of Democrats said no.

However, I strongly suspect now that the theoretical question has become an actual Obama vs. Romney question that many of those Republicans would reconsider their "no". I suspect that the Weekend at Bernie's corpse would have a pretty strong showing as the "not Obama" candidate.

-ArtificialGrape

Hmmm...Bernie would certainly do less harm...

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote