Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-16-2012, 13:44   #1
bigmoney890

Barnes Precision BCG's?

Anyone heard of them? Are they gtg? Local gun store has about 10 or so of them for $150.00 ea. and I figure since bcg's are hard to find, if Barnes is gtg, i'm gonna jump on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 16:00   #2
michael_b
BRC #1492

I have no idea but you can get a BCM Full Auto BCG for $160 and it is VERY nice- and a known commodity. I would go with that if you don't get good feedback about this one.

My rifle functions perfectly, ejection is fantastic. Just a really well built bolt.

How close are you to finishing yours?

-On mobile

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto

Last edited by michael_b; 10-16-2012 at 16:02..
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 17:33   #3
bigmoney890

Bolt and barrel is all that is left, still. Tuition is a *****!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-16-2012, 18:30   #4
michael_b
BRC #1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
Bolt and barrel is all that is left, still. Tuition is a *****!
Lol oh I've been there lol. I know all too well lol.

I only have 150 rounds through mine so far. Mortgage, etc. are a ***** lol

-On mobile

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 18:40   #5
WoodenPlank
Who?

Order a BCM for $160 and be done with it.
Old 10-16-2012, 20:00   #6
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Order a BCM for $160 and be done with it.
I was just trying to look around. And btw plank, it was Shooters Supply. I talked to them about putting my lo-pro gas block on and checking everything out to make sure I was gtg. I was very impressed with their selection of AR parts and their willingness to help.

Although I didnt like how the lady wouldnt let me talk to john, but he looked busy I guess. But i'll definitely be back for their help when I get my barrel and gas system!

Old 10-16-2012, 20:01   #7
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_b View Post
Lol oh I've been there lol. I know all too well lol.

I only have 150 rounds through mine so far. Mortgage, etc. are a ***** lol

-On mobile
Oh yes it is!

Old 10-17-2012, 11:29   #8
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
I was just trying to look around. And btw plank, it was Shooters Supply. I talked to them about putting my lo-pro gas block on and checking everything out to make sure I was gtg. I was very impressed with their selection of AR parts and their willingness to help.

Although I didnt like how the lady wouldnt let me talk to john, but he looked busy I guess. But i'll definitely be back for their help when I get my barrel and gas system!
Yeah, John stays busy. The best day to go in and get a chance to talk to him is on a Saturday. He is definitely The Man in that area for AR work. I'm assuming you got a set-screw type of block. If so, John will dimple the barrel if you request it, and make sure that block isn't coming off unless you want it off.

Interesting that Shooters is carrying a new brand of BCG I have never heard of...
Old 10-17-2012, 12:13   #9
bigmoney890

Quote:
Yeah, John stays busy. The best day to go in and get a chance to talk to him is on a Saturday. He is definitely The Man in that area for AR work. I'm assuming you got a set-screw type of block. If so, John will dimple the barrel if you request it, and make sure that block isn't coming off unless you want it off.

Interesting that Shooters is carrying a new brand of BCG I have never heard of...

I didn't end up buying their lo-pro gas block, but i'm going to get a set-screw type. I don't trust myself enough to do the gas system, so he will definitely be the guy I go see. The label on the BCG's read "BPM BCG." I thought it was Bravo company at first glance, but noticed the P in the initial and the lady told me it was Barnes precision machine.

But their selection of AR parts was very impressive considering that no other place in the area had BCG's, barrels, lowers, or stripped uppers. Guns plus has RRA stripped carriers and 1 stripped Spikes lower for $160. Shooter's seem to have good prices on thier AR parts, but their actual firearm prices seem to be a little high. But they shall be my go to guys for parts for sure

Old 10-17-2012, 20:55   #10
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
I didn't end up buying their lo-pro gas block, but i'm going to get a set-screw type. I don't trust myself enough to do the gas system, so he will definitely be the guy I go see. The label on the BCG's read "BPM BCG." I thought it was Bravo company at first glance, but noticed the P in the initial and the lady told me it was Barnes precision machine.

But their selection of AR parts was very impressive considering that no other place in the area had BCG's, barrels, lowers, or stripped uppers. Guns plus has RRA stripped carriers and 1 stripped Spikes lower for $160. Shooter's seem to have good prices on thier AR parts, but their actual firearm prices seem to be a little high. But they shall be my go to guys for parts for sure
Their prices on most firearms reflect a built-in idiot tax. Show up with cash in hand and do a little haggling, and that price can drop considerably. That's true of most gun shops, though.

I know for a while there, John was having a hard time getting parts at all, and they were running low on stock. Glad to hear they finally got parts back in.

Edit: Just googled Barnes Precision Machine.... I get the feeling I know one of the owners, actually. Interesting that they are offering BCGs now.

Last edited by WoodenPlank; 10-17-2012 at 20:58..
WoodenPlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 21:01   #11
bigmoney890

Quote:
Their prices on most firearms reflect a built-in idiot tax. Show up with cash in hand and do a little haggling, and that price can drop considerably. That's true of most gun shops, though.

I know for a while there, John was having a hard time getting parts at all, and they were running low on stock. Glad to hear they finally got parts back in.

Edit: Just googled Barnes Precision Machine.... I get the feeling I know one of the owners, actually. Interesting that they are offering BCGs now.

Well it's hard to compete with online sales of firearms for most LGS. But they had 6 or so lowers, probably a dozen BCG's, 3 complete uppers, couple of stripped uppers, only had 2 barrels (in 223 wylde), numerous different LPK's, and a metric **** ton of magpul, troy, Vltor accessories. VERY pleased with their selection!

Old 10-17-2012, 21:15   #12
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Well it's hard to compete with online sales of firearms for most LGS. But they had 6 or so lowers, probably a dozen BCG's, 3 complete uppers, couple of stripped uppers, only had 2 barrels (in 223 wylde), numerous different LPK's, and a metric **** ton of magpul, troy, Vltor accessories. VERY pleased with their selection!
Sounds about typical.

Side note: Nothing wrong with a .223 Wylde chamber for most uses. It was designed to handle 5.56 pressures while still giving excellent accuracy with match ammo in .223 or 5.56.
Old 10-17-2012, 21:20   #13
JimBianchi
CLM Number 25
Da Da

I ordered one yesterday.

Thx for the heads-up Michael.

(I've been playing phone tag with a local guy trying to buy a Colt BCG, but he is a flake and I need a good one at that price, and Brave Company is excellent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_b View Post
I have no idea but you can get a BCM Full Auto BCG for $160 and it is VERY nice- and a known commodity. I would go with that if you don't get good feedback about this one.

My rifle functions perfectly, ejection is fantastic. Just a really well built bolt.

How close are you to finishing yours?

-On mobile
SAF

The scariest words in the English language: I'm from the government and I'm here to help! President Ronald Reagan
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 21:59   #14
bigmoney890

Quote:
Sounds about typical.

Side note: Nothing wrong with a .223 Wylde chamber for most uses. It was designed to handle 5.56 pressures while still giving excellent accuracy with match ammo in .223 or 5.56.

I'm just not a fan of stainless steel for a 'black rifle'

Old 10-17-2012, 22:40   #15
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
I'm just not a fan of stainless steel for a 'black rifle'
There are ways to fix that....
Old 10-17-2012, 22:52   #16
bigmoney890

True, but that'd be paying extra money for something I didn't want, then spending more some money to fix what I paid extra for and didn't want.

Old 10-17-2012, 23:07   #17
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
True, but that'd be paying extra money for something I didn't want, then spending more some money to fix what I paid extra for and didn't want.
Fair point.