SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-16-2012, 18:14   #1
Tim151515
iHeartGuns

good flashlights for foregrip?

not too long ago i got the mako foregrip with the flashlight holder. what are some good, higher quality options(i know the price difference between solid and longlasting, and low quality generally wont be that great for something like a flashlight, so price isnt too much of an deal unless its ridiculous.)

I assume it has to be the type with the botton on the back for the trigger mechanism to activate it.
Tim151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 18:47   #2
plouffedaddy

Polytac's the best bang for the buck out there. I've had lots of lights in different price ranges and keep coming back to them...
Black Rifle Forum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 18:49   #3
bmoore

Surefire, Streamlight, Fenix, Olight, Klaurs are high quality lights. I am not familiar with the Mako foregrip.

I have a Streamlight Polytac in an Impact weapons mount and I am happy with it.

Last edited by bmoore; 11-17-2012 at 12:08..
bmoore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 21:21   #4
LL6

Good question OP because I had much the same question and thanks for the info p.daddy and bmoore.
Old 10-16-2012, 21:45   #5
TucsonGlocker
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
Surefire, Streamlight, Fenix, Olight, Klaurs are high quality lights. I am not familiar with the Mako foregrip.

I have a Streamlight Polytac in an Impact weapons mount and I am happy with it.
I really like that light mount! When I finally assemble my first AR, it will include that setup
Old 10-16-2012, 21:53   #6
Chowser

there was a sale on polytacs yesterday? we ordered a bunch for work. $20 is a decent price for a decent light. will probably mount a few on our cruiser rifles.
Chowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:11   #7
mjkeat

I like a Surefire in a Gear Sector mount. I also run an Olight in a IWC mount like above.

Black Rifle Forum

Last edited by mjkeat; 10-16-2012 at 22:12..
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:28   #8
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Send a message via AIM to Jer Send a message via MSN to Jer
I used to run Streamlight and Surefire but after trying out one of Greg McGee lights on the advice of a local LE buddy of mine, I will never go back. Greg is employed at Ball Aerospace and has some of the best bang for the buck lights you will find on the market. The M3-2I w/1,000 lumen option comes in at WELL under $100 shipped and the quality is on par with any of the big names at a fraction of the price.

Don't take my word for it, here's a video of him hammering nails into a board with not only the body but also the lens.

I tested it out next to a Surefire Fury right when they came out and the MTE w/1,000 lumen option was easily twice as bright in several tests to my eyes and those of several other people who were with me. Don't fall for some who rate there lights at much higher than reality just to market them as these appear to be pretty accurate to ratings as compared to Surefire. I also like that I can use 18650 rechargeable batteries on these in addition to the usual CR123 batteries. This is a good thing because this sucker is so bright you'll be turning it on all the time to amaze your friends.

Give it a shot and you'll be singing the praises of MTE just like me.

Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:34   #9
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

Ditch the POS Mako.

I only use Surefires, because when the worst happens, they keep working.

Streamlight makes a few good ones and I've seen good reports on Olights but have not used one myself. Fenix's can be good but i wouldn't use one for serious work unless no Surefires were available.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 23:10   #10
Hour13
Tah-dah!

'Nother vote for the Polytac LED. This light flies under the radar, one of the precious few products out there that is dirt-cheap, tough as nails, and just flat out frikin works.

The one on my Beater AR has seen a few thousand rounds already, has taken everything I've thrown at it(thrown it at?), and still kicks on happy & bright every time. No flickers, no hiccups.

Black Rifle Forum

Quote:
She can't say stupid stuff with her mouth full of sausage.
Quote:
I have no problem charging somebody stark nekid, with a TP tail hanging from my butt... Maybe they'll go to their maker with a smile on their face.
Hour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 23:13   #11
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Big fan of g2x tactical if you are opposed to an x300. X300 at 12 o clock is about the best you can do IMHO

Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong
Old 10-17-2012, 00:09   #12
GEN3

Big fan of the polytac on my AR. Wouldn't recommend it for a shotgun but on my AR I'm happy with it so far.
GEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:53   #13
plouffedaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN3 View Post
Big fan of the polytac on my AR. Wouldn't recommend it for a shotgun but on my AR I'm happy with it so far.

I heard that when I was looking to put a light on my 870 a few years ago but figured I'd try it anyway... and I've never had an issue with well over 1k rounds (mix of buck/slugs/practice) through the 3 870s I have it on. I've cracked a few red dots in that time but never had the slightest issue with my polytacs.

I'm shooting Speer 00 buck above FWIW.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Certified Glock Armorer

Last edited by plouffedaddy; 10-17-2012 at 07:54..
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:23   #14
SigFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
I used to run Streamlight and Surefire but after trying out one of Greg McGee lights on the advice of a local LE buddy of mine, I will never go back. Greg is employed at Ball Aerospace and has some of the best bang for the buck lights you will find on the market. The M3-2I w/1,000 lumen option comes in at WELL under $100 shipped and the quality is on par with any of the big names at a fraction of the price.

Don't take my word for it, here's a video of him hammering nails into a board with not only the body but also the lens.

MTE M3-2I and Greg McGee Hammering Nails with the Flashlight - YouTube

I tested it out next to a Surefire Fury right when they came out and the MTE w/1,000 lumen option was easily twice as bright in several tests to my eyes and those of several other people who were with me. Don't fall for some who rate there lights at much higher than reality just to market them as these appear to be pretty accurate to ratings as compared to Surefire. I also like that I can use 18650 rechargeable batteries on these in addition to the usual CR123 batteries. This is a good thing because this sucker is so bright you'll be turning it on all the time to amaze your friends.

Give it a shot and you'll be singing the praises of MTE just like me.
WOW, A hammer and flashlight in one!!

After watching the video I'll give them a try. I am looking for a second high lumen flashlight at a good price.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:05   #15
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Send a message via AIM to Jer Send a message via MSN to Jer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigFTW View Post
WOW, A hammer and flashlight in one!!

After watching the video I'll give them a try. I am looking for a second high lumen flashlight at a good price.
Yeah, I don't use mine for hammers but they seem some pretty good use and I've never had a problem. Time will tell if they hold up as much long-term as the big names but I'm not worried.

Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote