Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-21-2012, 18:05   #21
G23Adam
.- -.. .- --

I don't think PSA even has a 5 bill upper, unless they are 50's....

I finally remembered the other Guy... He's the one who was peeved about the dry film and after he parts swapped, he reassembled the thing with a canted FSB.

Sent via chisel and slate via Tapatalk 2
NRA Member - GSSF Member - .40 S&W Club #133 - 1911 Club #133 - Freemason's Lodge #133 - Black Rifle Club #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G23Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 19:18   #22
glock031

I just placed a order friday morning with PSA for ammo. Later that day (fri) i get the shipping notice. Order is shceduled to be here tuesday. They are working on thier shipping speed. Never had a missing item or any other problem yet.
Old 10-21-2012, 20:45   #23
MD357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole125 View Post
Wrong, try again.

When I pay five bills for a upper I want it to be put together 100 percent out of the box. PSA was unable to do this.
Doing a quick search on your posts, you said you asked for a refund. You never made any mention of allowing them to fix it.
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 20:55   #24
K. Foster

Quote:
Well the CMMG 5.56 upper I bought a year ago has been flawless, I've got 4000 + rounds through it, and just as accurate as any other non-free float AR. On the other hand, the PSA upper I recently bought was complete junk and they did nothing to make it right.
When I asked the question, I had forgotten you were one of the ones that had serious issues, my apologies.
All the orders I have placed for parts or whatever have been 100%. (knocking on wood) One upper in particular, that I helped a friend with, ended up being very accurate with 55g ball. I wish I could have kept that one for myself.
My personal experiences with the CMMG people has been less than stellar. Iíll just leave it at that.
Old 10-21-2012, 21:25   #25
Cole125
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
Doing a quick search on your posts, you said you asked for a refund. You never made any mention of allowing them to fix it.
Correct, I did not send it back for them to "fix" it. I'll say it again, they sent me a upper with a low profile gas block that not only was not secured by any means(no dimples in barrel for the set screws, not pinned, not even any thread locker on the set screws) and was out of alignment to the point the rifle did not cycle. No big deal right? Wrong. The gas black is a very critical part of the rifle.

BCM properly secures their low profile gas blocks, with correct dimpling in the barrel for the set screws AND high heat thread locker. This is the correct way to secure the gas block, the way PSA does it IS NOT.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 21:32   #26
cowboy1964

I'm happy with my $300 mid-length FN-barreled upper. My EOTech and 1-4x scope each cost way more than that.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 10-21-2012 at 21:36..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 21:34   #27
cowboy1964

Quote:
Correct, I did not send it back for them to "fix" it. I'll say it again, they sent me a upper with a low profile gas block that not only was not secured by any means(no dimples in barrel for the set screws, not pinned, not even any thread locker on the set screws) and was out of alignment to the point the rifle did not cycle. No big deal right? Wrong. The gas black is a very critical part of the rifle.

BCM properly secures their low profile gas blocks, with correct dimpling in the barrel for the set screws AND high heat thread locker. This is the correct way to secure the gas block, the way PSA does it IS NOT.
So BCM's FSB is secured with screws, not pinned?
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 21:37   #28
Cole125
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
So BCM's FSB is secured with screws, not pinned?
Their FSBs are pinned per mil spec. Their low profile gas blocks are correctly secured with set screws.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 22:35   #29
MD357

Quote:
PSA can't be blamed here if you wouldn't allow them to make it right.
Old 10-21-2012, 22:50   #30
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
PSA can't be blamed here if you wouldn't allow them to make it right.

Why not? They failed to make it right when they built it.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 22:55   #31
MD357

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Why not? They failed to make it right when they built it.
Yep, mistakes are gonna happen. Problem is that he initially stated the "they did nothing to make it right." When all he did is insist on a refund. He never allowed them to make it right. His words.
Old 10-21-2012, 23:01   #32
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

His post says nothing about "they did nothing to make it right".

Are you talking about something he said in a different thread?

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
Old 10-21-2012, 23:19   #33
MD357

Quote:
His post says nothing about "they did nothing to make it right".

Are you talking about something he said in a different thread?
Post #13 of this thread.

Quote:
Well the CMMG 5.56 upper I bought a year ago has been flawless, I've got 4000 + rounds through it, and just as accurate as any other non-free float AR. On the other hand, the PSA upper I recently bought was complete junk and they did nothing to make it right.

Not trying to turn this into a brand war, but I've heard good things about the CMMG 300 blackout upper, and you get a BCG and charging handle with it for a good price. They have recently stepped up their quality control, and are good to go. If you have issues they will make it right.

Last edited by MD357; 10-21-2012 at 23:20..
Old 10-21-2012, 23:22   #34
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Ok, I missed that.

Still not sure how you think they can't be blamed for screwing up the boatload of guns they've made mistakes on lately, but ok.

Old 10-21-2012, 23:29   #35
MD357

Quote:
Ok, I missed that.

Still not sure how you think they can't be blamed for screwing up the boatload of guns they've made mistakes on lately, but ok.
Still not sure how you're not understanding what I'm saying. Maybe it's because you're not understanding/reading the thread..... but ok.

Problems or not, when you don't give a company a chance to correct something..... you can't say they did nothing. Doesn't get any more complicated than that my friend. If you're STILL lost then..... dunno what to tell you.
Old 10-21-2012, 23:32   #36
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

I understand what you said, and that was a poor choice of words on his part.

That said, it still doesn't address the issue with PSA, and their lack of QC lately.

Old 10-21-2012, 23:50   #37
MD357

Quote:
I understand what you said, and that was a poor choice of words on his part.

That said, it still doesn't address the issue with PSA, and their lack of QC lately.

By my experiences CMMG is well known to have issues too.

Personally, I haven't had any problems with PSA after several orders. From what I have read they take care of people quickly. What's your experience?
Old 10-22-2012, 00:20   #38
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

I've never ordered from them, but I've fixed two uppers from them that had improperly installed gas blocks.

I will only order from quality companies, like BCM, because I want a higher quality weapon. If I was just looking for a range gun, I would consider them.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:03   #39
03Cobra

I ordered from PSA because I did want quality - a quality barrel. If everything comes in working order then I expect to have just as high of quality as a BCM weapon. the risk with PSA is the initial delivery not the quality of components.
03Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 20:04   #40
03Cobra

finally came in and so far everything looks really good. Here it is next to my Stag upper.

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

I have been very happy with my PSA order and would order from them again.
03Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote