Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:44   #1
Defiant1

This ? for the thousandth time I'll bet.

Hey guys,(oops, and Gals), due to economics, I had to give up my 1st Gen Glock22 a couple of years ago. Time went on and I was able to get myself in a little better shape and came across an unbeatable deal on a S&W M&P 45 from a buddy. Really liked that gun but always missed my Glock. Well back in December some bastard decided that while my wife and I went to work he would kick in my basement window and help hisself to our stuff. That included the M&P and my Bersa. I immeadiately went to the Credit Union and the next day I had a 3rd Gen Glock30 SF and a Glock 21 which I believe is a 3rd Gen. The dealer said the previous owner had a trigger job, put on a Davison P1 rear sight and added a red Fiber optic front sight and had a barrel upgrade. That front sight is a godsend for these tired 62 year old eyes. Anyway, I have been trying to find out when this gun was originally made. There is a list on this and other siites but I can't find my Serial #. Can anyone at least tell me what Generation it is or direct me to where I can find out for sure when it was born? I already tried Glock itself and have never heard back from them. When I bought my G22 used, there was a site which I thought was this one where they answered me with the info in less than 2 days. Maybe I was wrong about that. Anyway, Any help would be appreciated. The Serial No. is PVB0**. By the way, paid $1150.00 for both and the G30 was brand new in the box. I thought that was a great deal. (I think the dealer felt bad for me for getting robbed.) And the insurance more than paid me back so I only had the Credit Union loan less than 3 weeks before I paid it off!!
Defiant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:35   #2
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
If unaltered,
No finger grooves and no light rail= Gen 2

Finger grooves and no light rail= Gen 2.5 (not sure if they made these.

Finger grooves and light rail with no SF markings= Gen 3

Finger grooves and light rail WITH SF markings= Gen 3 SF

Finger grooves, light rail, reversible mag release and extra back straps= Gen 4

Also, your G22 was probably a Gen 2. I don't think they ever made a Gen 1 G22.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1445829 might be a thread to look into for your manufacture date.

Last edited by BamaTrooper; 03-30-2013 at 08:42.. Reason: added a link.
BamaTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:40   #3
bentbiker
NRA Member

PVB looks to be Nov 2010 + or minus a month.
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 14:44   #4
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
The dealer said the previous owner had a trigger job.........
The sights are no doubt fine (the fiber optic front does make it easy to see!), but I would have to be very suspect of the 'trigger job'....lots of people mess up Glock triggers by the bubba+Dremel method.

If you aren't experienced enough to judge for yourself, I'd encourage getting it checked by someone who has a clue....like a factory armorer at a GSSF match. If it's not right, he can fix it on the spot, and free.

If you can post or attach a picture of the G21's right side, we can easily tell you what generation it is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 16:56   #5
G21FAN
Useless loser

Send a message via ICQ to G21FAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by

[url
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445829[/url] might be a thread to look into for your manufacture date.

These were made as I had one and the Marshal Co. Sheriff's Office (Alabama) Issued these to deputies who chose to carry it.

These were Glock 21s BTW, Not G-22s

In the South, we didn't turn our swords into plowshares. We turned our church bells into guns.
(The Elderly Kid)

Last edited by G21FAN; 03-30-2013 at 16:57..
G21FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 18:03   #6
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTrooper View Post

They were only imported in models 20, 20C, 21, 21C, and, (after they started making them with mounting rails) 29, & 30. Mine is a 21C:
General Glocking

General Glocking

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 18:33   #7
man.cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
The sights are no doubt fine (the fiber optic front does make it easy to see!), but I would have to be very suspect of the 'trigger job'....lots of people mess up Glock triggers by the bubba+Dremel method.

If you aren't experienced enough to judge for yourself, I'd encourage getting it checked by someone who has a clue....like a factory armorer at a GSSF match. If it's not right, he can fix it on the spot, and free.

Even if it is messed with to much it is really cheap to put back to stock.
man.cave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 20:12   #8
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by G21FAN View Post
These were made as I had one and the Marshal Co. Sheriff's Office (Alabama) Issued these to deputies who chose to carry it.

These were Glock 21s BTW, Not G-22s
I had a gen 2.5 20C
Old 03-31-2013, 05:26   #9
Defiant1

Wow, thanks for the response, Guys. Finger grooves and light rail. No SF designation and the trigger job to smooth it out was done by a professional "smith. Thanx to all!!
Defiant1 is offline   Reply With Quote