SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-26-2013, 20:59   #1
GAdawg54

first post/ first block

hi everyone,
just got my first glock today, a gen 3 26. been trying to find one at a reasonable price for a while. it's an 08 model thats never been fired, still has factory grease on it. the guy bought it and put it in his living room wall safe as an oh ***** gun. got it with 3 mags and the case for 500 which is the best deal I've found around fayetteville. This is going to be my conceal carry once I've put some rounds through it and feel comfortable with it.
So for the tech side, what is the best option to smooth out the trigger? Yes i know "shoot it", which i fully intend to do as soon as i can find enough ammo. But I'm changing over from my kimber cdp with a custom 3 pound trigger. All i really want out of it is it to be smoother. But wouldnt mind a lighter pull and shorter take up. I love the break and reset though. For grip mods i plan on rolling down the hump on the back strap, doing some stippling. I may install extended mag release, slide lock and slide releases but not sure yet, cant justify spending money on that stuff before ammo. If anyone has suggestions or tips, im all ears.
-Jon
GAdawg54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 21:04   #2
GAdawg54

also looking at a set of night sights. either ameriglo GL-227's or
trijicon GL-11's

Last edited by GAdawg54; 03-26-2013 at 21:06..
Old 03-26-2013, 21:06   #3
Falcon78

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAdawg54 View Post
I may install extended mag release, slide lock and slide releases but not sure yet
Save your money on that aspect! The stock parts are perfectly fine and don't require additional width.
Falcon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 21:11   #4
GAdawg54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon78 View Post
Save your money on that aspect! The stock parts are perfectly fine and don't require additional width.
it had an extended mag release on it when i got it but had them put the factory one back on, because the one on it was huge and stuck out so far that the mag was dropping everytime i moved with it in the iwb holster i was trying out.
Old 03-26-2013, 23:59   #5
bac1023

Welcome and congrats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 15:45   #6
GAdawg54

so today i went and put some rounds through it. functioned perfectly, as expected. i shot well with it, but decided to make some changes to the trigger, to lighten and clean up the pull and break. I ordered the glockworx titanium plunger and spring and competition trigger spring, and installed a ghost 3.5 connector. With the connector alone i can tell a big difference. But after installing it theres a catch when racking it, so i reinstalled the factory connector and it went away, then switched in a different ghost connector, but the catch is still there just not as bad. I'm not sure if this is something that just needs to be broken in or what. I will search around and try to find the answer. As for the rest i have no plans of doing the 25 cent trigger job, because I'm not a gun smith and this will be my ccw. Though i may polish the piece that slides on the plunger to depress it. Sorry if this seems too wordy. Also dropped it off to get the stippling done.
-Jon
Old 03-29-2013, 18:54   #7
GAdawg54

Talked to Arthur from ghost today. He said just grind down the tab until it doesn't catch anymore. Not what I want from a "drop in" part, but whatever. Also broke down and did the 25 cent trigger job, much better. Still waiting on titanium plunger, plunger spring, and 6# trigger spring.
Old 03-29-2013, 19:07   #8
bullonee

I picked up a new G26 Thursday and put a quick 10 rounds through it. Took it home and cleaned it. Went today and put 100 rounds through it. It was flawless. The first shot my wife made with it was 15 yards and bullseye. That gun is sweet. I even shoot it better than my 17 and 19. I'm no expert by any means but this little gun is awesome! I'm leaving it alone....for now.
Old 03-29-2013, 19:41   #9
Sdk8103

My wife loves her 26, and she is unbelievably good with it. its about 2 years old and has performed flawlessly. Good luck with yours.

Gen 3 G19
Gen 3 G26
Sdk8103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 20:30   #10
rotjovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAdawg54 View Post
so today i went and put some rounds through it. functioned perfectly, as expected. i shot well with it, but decided to make some changes to the trigger, to lighten and clean up the pull and break. I ordered the glockworx titanium plunger and spring and competition trigger spring, and installed a ghost 3.5 connector. With the connector alone i can tell a big difference. But after installing it theres a catch when racking it, so i reinstalled the factory connector and it went away, then switched in a different ghost connector, but the catch is still there just not as bad. I'm not sure if this is something that just needs to be broken in or what. I will search around and try to find the answer. As for the rest i have no plans of doing the 25 cent trigger job, because I'm not a gun smith and this will be my ccw. Though i may polish the piece that slides on the plunger to depress it. Sorry if this seems too wordy. Also dropped it off to get the stippling done.
-Jon
As a Glock Armorer, I will tell you the only thing you need to know about that G26 and its performance. Take all those aftermarket parts out and throw them away. Put the stock parts back. With enough ammo run through it, the trigger will get better. I your going to carry this gun, you don't want a 3 lb trigger and a Ghost connector. The prosecuting attorney will eat you alive if you ever have to use it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
rotjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 20:33   #11
ithaca_deerslayer

Time to learn a surprise break if you don't already.

Otherwise, if you are a righty, you are headed for low left

Old 03-29-2013, 21:12   #12
Deadduck

Congrats on the new 26 and welcome.

Now, I'm a 1911 guy, but remember a Glock is NOT a 1911. You don't want a trigger even remotely as light and short as a 1911, because the length and weight of pull is your main safety on a Glock. For carry, you don't want that trigger too easy to pull or you risk an accidental discharge trying to get it out of the holster.

IMO, spend some time getting used to the stock trigger before you change it up.
Old 03-29-2013, 21:53   #13
DannyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotjovi View Post
As a Glock Armorer, I will tell you the only thing you need to know about that G26 and its performance. Take all those aftermarket parts out and throw them away. Put the stock parts back. With enough ammo run through it, the trigger will get better. I your going to carry this gun, you don't want a 3 lb trigger and a Ghost connector. The prosecuting attorney will eat you alive if you ever have to use it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I will reiterate what the armorer said about the gun. Leave it stock and get off of that Lone Wolfe site if that is where you have been. Just shoot it. You have an 08 G26. In Gen 3's the older the better. It isn't one of the Gen 4's that may or may not hold up to the "reputation".

For whatever it is worth I shoot my Gen 3 G26 every bit as well as my 17 or 19, stock right out of the box.
Old 03-29-2013, 22:18   #14
TxGlock9

gen3 26 is one of my favorites. Great pick indeed.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:31   #15
ADK_40GLKr

Sounds like you had a great gun to start with!

You did part 1 of my sig line.

Now heed part 2.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:09   #16
Jim S.

When I first got a Glock I thought all of the same things you are thinking.
I too came from 3# 1911's and thought that the Glock trigger was terrible.
But I have a few thoughts for you to consider.
After shooting thousands of rounds through my Glock I no longer even consider the trigger or anything else.
I am perfectly comfortable with it the way it is.
In a gun fight where you are shooting your Glock in a life or death situation, which is why you are shooting it anyway right?
You won't even notice that it is 5 or 6 #'s and a long travel.
It won't matter at all.
If you are ok after this situation I would be willing to bet that of all the things you think or talk about, the trigger, size of the grip, or any other subject about Glocks that people like to change, will ever be brought up.
Other than it shot well and was dependable.
My advice from years of experience... save your money for ammunition and shoot this gun a lot.
A lot.
For what a Glock is designed for it is fine the way it is.

Last edited by Jim S.; 03-30-2013 at 08:10..
Jim S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 17:12   #17
GAdawg54

Thanks guys for all the input and advice. So far this week I've been able to put a couple hundred rounds through it. As far as the trigger goes I have been playing around with it and shooting it with the different parts. I have bought the ghost connector, glockworx 6# trigger spring, glockworx plunger and light spring. Hand polished the connector, and trigger bar that presses the plunger. After messing with different combinations I have settled with the stock connector polished, 6# trigger spring and the factory plunger with light spring for now.
Old 03-30-2013, 19:03   #18
Bruce M

Hopefully you keep enjoying your "new" Glock 26. Sometimes it seems a stock version is a bit more reliable.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 22:16   #19
Southpaw69

I got a 26 a couple months ago and it's been great out of the box. The one thing i did was get the GAP floor plates, improves the grip of it a lot, well worth it.

I think it's a good idea to keep spare factory parts just in case. It's not a bad idea to have them on hand in case something breaks or there are reliability issues in the future.

Enjoy the new 26!
Southpaw69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 23:07   #20
RayB
Retired Member

I purchased my fourth Glock in January—a 3rd Gen G26. Great minds...

Anyway, having fired tens of thousands of rounds through a stock G17, G19, and G21 (all Gen 3's), I went ahead and made the following mods to my new G26 EDC...

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1479193

...and I am very pleased with the outcome!

Well, after a thousand rounds through the new rig, I'm confident that it will go bang if and when it's called upon to do so!

Look, it's your gun and your money—do what you want with it!

Just be sure to range-test the hell out of the final rig before signing off on it!

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote