Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-21-2012, 21:32   #1
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

What is wrong with people these days?!

Does the entitlement issue also run over their common sense? In the last three weeks, on traffic stops, I've had people stop by my stop to ask me questions, then get upset when I tell them to wait until I am done. Or when I tell them to stop walking between my patrol car and the offender's stopped car. They get all snippy.

People seem to think that they are entitled to distract me and even as polite as I can be, still get the major butt hurts because I tell them to do something for their safety and mine.

It's really taken off in the last three weeks or so so it's caught my attention. Am I alone?

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 21:46   #2
glocksalot

definately not the only one

i just keep having to remind myself that there are still good/smart people out there.....somewhere
glocksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 22:13   #3
bccop

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocksalot View Post
definately not the only one

i just keep having to remind myself that there are still good/smart people out there.....somewhere
The retards are everywhere and they all seem suprised and annoyed that I can't break off from my traffic stop to give them directions.

I was directing traffic recently for a marathon and lost track of the number of people who thought it was a brilliant idea to stop in the middle of the intersection to ask for directions. When I suggested they park their car on the side of the road (instead of blocking an entire intersection) and get out to talk to me they would usually just drive away instead.

Archilochus, Greek Soldier and Poet, 650 BC
bccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 22:15   #4
scottydl

Most people don't care about anything but themselves, and YOU are merely a distraction in the middle of their life. :P

But every so often you'll run into someone who really appreciates you (even the small stuff, like recently when a stranger offered to buy my drink at a gas station) ... and it reminds me there are decent folks out there. They are the ones you normally don't see, because they don't spend time calling the police to settle all their stupid issues that they can't solve themselves.
scottydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 22:22   #5
CAcop

Been like that for a long time around here. What amazes me are the jackasses who will stand by a few feet away itching to ask me some retarded question while I am having a conversation with someone else that I am sure they don't want the jackass to hear.

I relly need to start telling people to go stand out of earshot while I deal with person #1's issue. If they get pissy I'll tell the jackasses "I'm sorry your wife gave you herpes after sleeping with your brother but like I told you it is not a police issue."
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 22:53   #6
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

I dont have a lot of mercy in me for people who insert themselves into my stops. They will get a firm dose of back off or suffer. I find that about half have the light bulb go off when they get that dose of "Are you stupid?" and they realize they made a bad judgment call. The other half...well, there is no helping them but they tend to back off which solves my problem.

The one that really gets me, is if I am in the middle of the road directing traffic and someone stops, in the middle of the road, to have some kind of conversation with me. Again, they get a dose of "what they hell are you thinking."

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Rabbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 22:53   #7
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
If they get pissy I'll tell the jackasses "I'm sorry your wife gave you herpes after sleeping with your brother but like I told you it is not a police issue."

"Dear Chief, the idiot deserved what I said . . . ."

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Old 10-21-2012, 22:58   #8
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
Been like that for a long time around here. What amazes me are the jackasses who will stand by a few feet away itching to ask me some retarded question while I am having a conversation with someone else that I am sure they don't want the jackass to hear.

I relly need to start telling people to go stand out of earshot while I deal with person #1's issue. If they get pissy I'll tell the jackasses "I'm sorry your wife gave you herpes after sleeping with your brother but like I told you it is not a police issue."
I've done it once many many moons ago... telling someone loudly in a courtroom that prostitution is a misdemeanor and probation is not that long. Shoulda seen her face... but she kinda deserved it.

I've long learned that common sense is about as common as good dental hygiene in England.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 23:26   #9
Ajon412

I'll just re-cap....People are idiots....
Ajon412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 00:03   #10
RetailNinja

Send a message via AIM to RetailNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajon412 View Post
I'll just re-cap....People are idiots....
I had a person walk up to me and ask me some question I can't remember, out on the street, in the middle of talking a suicidal guy into dropping the big kitchen knife he was holding. I remember looking at him, dropping lots of words that would be covered in these ********* and basically scare the turds out of him. I don't know how he didn't see the guy with the knife.
Old 10-22-2012, 00:09   #11
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Sort of like doing a felony stop in front of a strip mall and all the sheeple walking in front of your stop, rubber necking . . . .

Many years ago, citizen came to the station and filed a complaint on me because I told her to get her dumb ass away from the crossfire. It wasn't that I said dumb ass, it was because I could have shot her . . .

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Old 10-22-2012, 00:38   #12
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccop View Post
The retards are everywhere and they all seem suprised and annoyed that I can't break off from my traffic stop to give them directions.

I was directing traffic recently for a marathon and lost track of the number of people who thought it was a brilliant idea to stop in the middle of the intersection to ask for directions. When I suggested they park their car on the side of the road (instead of blocking an entire intersection) and get out to talk to me they would usually just drive away instead.
Directing traffic is very dangerous so always pay attention to what you are doing and tell them to pull to the side of the road like you stated. That Va trooper got killed by a lapse by someone a few weeks ago while he was in an intersection.

So the people are not pulling up and waiting "patiently". I hope they at least thank you a lot?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 00:42   #13
blueiron

As reiterated, many people are as stupid as the summer is hot.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:59   #14
nikerret
Mr. Awesome

I know, for a fact, our Prosecutor will stand behind my recommended charges of Interference with a LEO: Obstructing Legal Process after I arrest someone for interrupting my traffic stop.
nikerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 15:43   #15
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
As reiterated, many people are as stupid as the summer is hot.
Especially in Texas.

This post translated from Morse Code was made possible from donations from viewers like you.
Old 10-22-2012, 16:41   #16
steveksux
Massive Member

Entitlement? Oh yeah. More than you think. What's behind these mass shootings lately?

A) If I can't have her, no one can. Wife/girlfriend
B) Take my job, take your life in return.

people who never had to deal with the word "no" when growing up, think they are supposed to always get their way.

Killing a bunch of innocent folks along with the people who had the nerve to deny you your "rightful" whatever it was is the ultimate 2 year old temper tantrum writ large.

Maybe I'm reaching, but I think I'm on to something.

Randy

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 17:10   #17
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Entitlement? Oh yeah. More than you think. What's behind these mass shootings lately?

A) If I can't have her, no one can. Wife/girlfriend
B) Take my job, take your life in return.

people who never had to deal with the word "no" when growing up, think they are supposed to always get their way.

Killing a bunch of innocent folks along with the people who had the nerve to deny you your "rightful" whatever it was is the ultimate 2 year old temper tantrum writ large.

Maybe I'm reaching, but I think I'm on to something.

Randy

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
You know, you may just be on to something there. You ought to see how they act when they get put inside the fence, too.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 18:29   #18
razdog76
Heavy Mettle

Today, I took a B&E report. Two days ago, the realtor arrived to show the unoccupied house with a washing machine found in the middle of the driveway, a broken window, open back door, and the lights on. Tells me she didn't know what number to call.

Yesterday, took a report involving a guy wanting to report 16 checks stolen and cashed by his ex-fiance (a parolee from PA), and a big trash bag of used drug paraphernalia. Oh did I mention he discovered the theft of the checks last April, and that he loaned her his van last Friday, and it is MIA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron
'..You can lead an ass to facts, but you can't make them think...'
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 20:35   #19
Panzergrenadier1979
Keystone Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by razdog76 View Post
Today, I took a B&E report. Two days ago, the realtor arrived to show the unoccupied house with a washing machine found in the middle of the driveway, a broken window, open back door, and the lights on. Tells me she didn't know what number to call.
I took a call last week from a mother who reported that she came home from running errands to find that the 6 pumpkins she had just bought for her kids for Halloween had been stolen off of her porch. Not an emergency call, but the mom was very sad for her kids.

The next day I learned that a neighbor had witnessed the trench-coat wearing teenaged suspects steal the pumpkins and called called the police STATION (not 911), WHILE the theft was taking place in front of him. Since he called after hours he left a VOICEMAIL message in which he excitedly describing the actors and the vehicle involved, in real time, as the theft was taking place..... People are stupid.

Panzergrenadier1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 20:57   #20
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Speaking of which . . .

http://blutube.policeone.com/police-...ll-over-a-cop/

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer