Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:15   #1
LoadToadBoss
IYAAYWOT

Gov. Bobby Jindal: Protect Our Gun Rights

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...our-gun-rights

Many observers claim the new Louisiana constitutional amendment will provide some of the strongest gun rights in the nation.

"Government cannot deny its citizens a right on the off chance that right might be abused." --Unknown

Last edited by LoadToadBoss; 10-22-2012 at 06:17..
LoadToadBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:48   #2
mgs
Always Carrying

That would be a good thing! My take.....no one will hand in guns at this point. America is loaded for bear for a reason.....our politicians have failed us and they know it. Their best bet is to keep gun owners happy because the ballot box works and the ammo box will keep it working or else.
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:52   #3
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs View Post
That would be a good thing! My take.....no one will hand in guns at this point. America is loaded for bear for a reason.....our politicians have failed us and they know it. Their best bet is to keep gun owners happy because the ballot box works and the ammo box will keep it working or else.
When jack booted thugs force their way into your house with guns drawn, you'll hand them over.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:53   #4
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadToadBoss View Post
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...our-gun-rights

Many observers claim the new Louisiana constitutional amendment will provide some of the strongest gun rights in the nation.
It will be interesting to see how this affects restrictions on concealed carry that are in place now.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:55   #5
mgs
Always Carrying

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
When jack booted thugs force their way into your house with guns drawn, you'll hand them over.
Won't happen in my lifetime and at 52, I've had a good life and will stand my ground. Ever heard of a 3%er?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:56   #6
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Won't happen in my lifetime and at 52, I've had a good life and will stand my ground. Ever heard of a 3%er?
Happened in Katrina, as you know.

Sure.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:15   #7
mgs
Always Carrying

That is true but armed groups of private security in the outskirts sent the police packing. 12 AR's and two elevated shooters against average LE sent them packing. My rural neighborhood is very secure and like minded and very limited LE availability. LE has been met with resistence in LA and they moved on. You got to pick your battles.

Last edited by mgs; 10-22-2012 at 07:16..
Old 10-22-2012, 07:21   #8
kensb2
pistol n00b

I wish more governors would stand up and propose this type of amendment!! OK is 'getting' open carry on Nov. 1, but you still have to get a CWP to be able to open carry.
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:26   #9
mgs
Always Carrying

BTW....I have quite a few LE friends and they will not be coming to pickup your guns. Plenty of AF friends that feel the same way. Real people on the ground still make the final decision and their superiors hide in a guarded office.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:33   #10
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
That is true but armed groups of private security in the outskirts sent the police packing. 12 AR's and two elevated shooters against average LE sent them packing. My rural neighborhood is very secure and like minded and very limited LE availability. LE has been met with resistence in LA and they moved on. You got to pick your battles.
You notice my avatar?
Old 10-22-2012, 07:34   #11
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
BTW....I have quite a few LE friends and they will not be coming to pickup your guns. Plenty of AF friends that feel the same way. Real people on the ground still make the final decision and their superiors hide in a guarded office.
They will when the order is given and they must choose between taking your guns and feeding their family or losing their pension. They will turn on you so fast it will make your head spin.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:40   #12
mgs
Always Carrying

Quote:
They will when the order is given and they must choose between taking your guns and feeding their family or losing their pension. They will turn on you so fast it will make your head spin.
Only time will tell. I think we all should file an extention on our taxes in April and really watch the Fed really melt down.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:43   #13
mgs
Always Carrying

Quote:
You notice my avatar?
? Does not speak volumes.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:45   #14
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Only time will tell. I think we all should file an extention on our taxes in April and really watch the Fed really melt down.
How would filing an extension melt down the fed? You still have to pay up by April 15. All an extension does is delay your actual return. Tax payments are due on April 15 no matter when you send in your return.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:46   #15
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
? Does not speak volumes.
It's Sean Payton. Don't try to tell me what happened in NOLA Katrina from Pennsylvania
Old 10-22-2012, 07:49   #16
mgs
Always Carrying

Quote:
How would filing an extension melt down the fed? You still have to pay up by April 15. All an extension does is delay your actual return. Tax payments are due on April 15 no matter when you send in your return.
Your right and what I pay does not cover much of their debt....not mine.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:56   #17
mgs
Always Carrying

Quote:
It's Sean Payton. Don't try to tell me what happened in NOLA Katrina from Pennsylvania
The PA Mountains serve their own justice. Response times are pretty slow if not tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:27   #18
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
You notice my avatar?
Yeah, you like cheaters.

I hear Deval Patrick is considering the same for Massachusetts. . . as his WORST NIGHTMARE!

He SO reminds me of the black cop from Beverly Hills Cop. You know, the one that Axel picks on because of his voice? SAME VOICE!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:03   #19
F350

Katrina had people displaced, outsiders brought in etc.

If it happens in quieter times; all cops and NG have families, people know where they live...... Just saying you don't have to sit home and wait.
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 17:18   #20
TactiCool

I can hardly wait until the 6th. And hopefully, those awful gun free school zones will disappear. I don't like being a sheep 5 days a week.
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 17:25   #21
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TactiCool View Post
I can hardly wait until the 6th. And hopefully, those awful gun free school zones will disappear. I don't like being a sheep 5 days a week.
Just keep it in your vehicle. If you have to get out at a public school, just make it quick and get back to your weapon.

Quote:
Yep...98% of those on GT would.

Last edited by tantrix; 10-22-2012 at 17:28..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 17:44   #22
TactiCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Just keep it in your vehicle. If you have to get out at a public school, just make it quick and get back to your weapon.
I wish it were that simple. I live in a dorm, and that's really my only option for the next two years. My vehicle stays parked sometimes for over a week. A gun in my car really won't do me too much good.

It's pretty sad, but I'll just have to take solace in knowing that I am within shouting distance of the university PD. I know they will save me.
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 17:58   #23
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
I wish it were that simple. I live in a dorm, and that's really my only option for the next two years. My vehicle stays parked sometimes for over a week. A gun in my car really won't do me too much good.

It's pretty sad, but I'll just have to take solace in knowing that I am within shouting distance of the university PD. I know they will save me.
Gun-free college campuses are the dumbest **** they've ever come up with anyway...how did that work out at VA-Tech? Yeah, thought so...

Anyone with half a brain can get a gun onto a college campus and shoot the place up, yet they claim students lawfully carrying is 'dangerous'.

But, on the plus side, keep your head up...if any state will push for better gun laws it will be us. We already have almost none as it is, so that's a good thing.
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 18:02   #24
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:

In LA you can keep a gun in your dorm and transport it between car and dorm. There is an AG opinion supporting it.
Old 10-22-2012, 19:00   #25
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

OK, getting away from the whole "when the police come you'll melt" or "jack booted thugs will do whatever the city tells them to"... argument...

Bobby Jindal should be applauded for clearly stating his position and why he believes this is a very important amendment that needs to be added to the state constitution. He's very clearly put himself on record here. He knows, probably as well as anyone, what was going on after Katrina, so it's nice to see his strong support for this amendment.

We need more politicians like him.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote