Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:20   #1
III_M1KE_III

AR-15 Full Auto BCG In Stock Anywhere?

Has anyone been able to find any full auto AR-15 bolt carrier groups in stock?

The ONLY Auto BCG I can find in stock appears to be Bravo Company's. I am very fond of BCM and their products, however, I don't own a BCM rifle and find the BCM logo on the BCG to be a bit annoying. Seems, however, this is the only BCG in stock ANYWHERE.

Please let me know if you guys know of any sources.

NOTE: I'm currently running LMT Auto BCG's on my other riflles.
III_M1KE_III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:39   #2
mvician
Lifetime Membership

http://core15rifles.com/index.php?pa...art&Itemid=103

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ier-group.html

Last edited by mvician; 10-23-2012 at 01:44..
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:33   #3
Cole125
Silver Membership

Brownells has Daniel Defense chrome BCGs in stock. I recently ordered one and its top notch, worth the extra for the chrome because its much easier to clean.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod27650.aspx
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 13:48   #4
FatBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by III_M1KE_III View Post

The ONLY Auto BCG I can find in stock appears to be Bravo Company's. I am very fond of BCM and their products, however, I don't own a BCM rifle and find the BCM logo on the BCG to be a bit annoying. Seems, however, this is the only BCG in stock ANYWHERE.

Wow, first I have seen that someone wants anything but a BCM. Usually people are complaining about then being them not being in stock.
Anyhow, PSA had them on sale this weekend for $129 and it seems that PKF has a few in stock... http://www.pkfirearms.com/Bolt_Assemblies/26/c

Some people are like Slinkies: Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
FatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 13:56   #5
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

A semi-auto will work fine as well. I have semi-auto carriers in a couple of rifles and if I handed it to you to shoot you couldn't tell me what kind of carrier is in the rifle. I have no reliability issues with any of them.

Everyone thinks they have to have a full auto carrier because you aren't tacticool unless you do. Really doesn't make .05 difference in anything. The very small difference in weight between the two versions isn't enough to matter.

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 14:06   #6
smokin762

Quote:

Usually, I’m too busy concentrating on the front sight rather than noticing logos. I also keep the dust cover closed when I am not shooting.

I bought a BCM BCG for my rifle and carbine 2 years ago. I have been very happy with them. They work great.
smokin762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 16:56   #7
Cole125
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
A semi-auto will work fine as well. I have semi-auto carriers in a couple of rifles and if I handed it to you to shoot you couldn't tell me what kind of carrier is in the rifle. I have no reliability issues with any of them.

Everyone thinks they have to have a full auto carrier because you aren't tacticool unless you do. Really doesn't make .05 difference in anything. The very small difference in weight between the two versions isn't enough to matter.
+1 You don't need a full auto BCG in your AR, it does not offer any advantages over semi auto. Ask anyone who has been in the AR world for a long time and they will tell you the same thing.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 17:17   #8
SNH Glocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole125 View Post
Brownells has Daniel Defense chrome BCGs in stock. I recently ordered one and its top notch, worth the extra for the chrome because its much easier to clean.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod27650.aspx
The link is for a semi auto carrier. The OP was looking for a full auto BCG.
SNH Glocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 17:22   #9
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:

It makes a difference in SBRs. I learned that the hard way.
Old 10-23-2012, 18:26   #10
TNGlockman
NRA Member

I've got one for sale in the classifieds...
Old 10-23-2012, 19:09   #11
johnson8861
Daddo Chomper

Why does anyone need a M16/M4 bolt carrier group? I'm not entirely sure that it is not considered part of a machine gun, thus you would have an illegal machine gun.
Old 10-23-2012, 19:45   #12
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
It makes a difference in SBRs. I learned that the hard way.

Not in my 10.5 LMT it doesn't...

Old 10-23-2012, 19:47   #13
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson8861 View Post
Why does anyone need a M16/M4 bolt carrier group? I'm not entirely sure that it is not considered part of a machine gun, thus you would have an illegal machine gun.
This is internet cabbage so old and smelly its sauerkraut.

Not true. Don't worry about it.

Old 10-23-2012, 19:51   #14
bigmoney890

Quote:

The ONLY part that makes a gun a machine gun is the full auto sear. Nothing more, nothing less.

Custom Survival Bracelets
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 20:00   #15
Made in Austria

Quote:

Written by Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), Chief of the Firearms Technology Branch
...M16 bolt carriers are not designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun and are not any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled. Further, an M16 bolt carrier is not a firearm as defined in the GCA or a machinegun as defined in the NFA. An M16 bolt carrier is simply a machinegun part and as such its domestic sale and possession is unregulated under the Federal firearms laws. It is not unlawful to utilize a M16 machinegun bolt carrier in a semiautomatic AR15 type rifle.
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 20:34   #16
TucsonGlocker
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
Written by Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), Chief of the Firearms Technology Branch
...M16 bolt carriers are not designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun and are not any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled. Further, an M16 bolt carrier is not a firearm as defined in the GCA or a machinegun as defined in the NFA. An M16 bolt carrier is simply a machinegun part and as such its domestic sale and possession is unregulated under the Federal firearms laws. It is not unlawful to utilize a M16 machinegun bolt carrier in a semiautomatic AR15 type rifle.
Old 10-23-2012, 20:35   #17
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
The ONLY part that makes a gun a machine gun is the full auto sear. Nothing more, nothing less.
Not always the case. With AR/M4/M16, having any of the fire control parts (ie: hammer, sear, safety, disconnector, and maybe trigger) without a legit FA lower is a no-no. The bolt carrier is Ok, though.
Old 10-23-2012, 20:38   #18
III_M1KE_III

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvician View Post
Semi-auto.

Cool thanks!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited by III_M1KE_III; 10-23-2012 at 21:18..
Old 10-23-2012, 20:39   #19
III_M1KE_III

Quote:

I prefer the added weight for carbine length. Just a personal preference.

Old 10-23-2012, 20:51   #20
III_M1KE_III

Quote:

Comment removed to save myself from tremendous embarrasment!

Last edited by III_M1KE_III; 10-23-2012 at 21:13..
Old 10-23-2012, 20:53   #21
mjkeat

BCMs are in stock
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 20:58   #22
III_M1KE_III

Sweet! You the man! My 3rd AR build is back on track. Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBoy View Post
Wow, first I have seen that someone wants anything but a BCM. Usually people are complaining about then being them not being in stock.
Anyhow, PSA had them on sale this weekend for $129 and it seems that PKF has a few in stock... http://www.pkfirearms.com/Bolt_Assemblies/26/c
Old 10-23-2012, 21:00   #23
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Quote:
By this logic the barrel is also a part that enables the construction of a full auto machine gun and would be illegal.

An M16 BCG merely has more mass where it contacts the buffer so as to reinforce the carrier during full auto mode. An AR-15 semi auto BCG also works in an M16, but from use in the field was found to be susceptible to mechanical failure and later upgraded to the M16 version. There is little-to-no price difference between both versions. I prefer the added mass of the M16 BCG for use in carbine length gas rifles.

Not really. The M16 bolt has a little longer portion of metal on the underside of the bolt carrier that interacts with the M16 trigger mechanism. The slightly longer bottom metal trips the auto sear on a full auto trigger group allowing it to automatically fire subsequent shots when the trigger is held down in full auto mode. The back of the bolt that comes in contact with the buffer are identical on both versions. There are no structural advantages one way or the other.

Old 10-23-2012, 21:10   #24
chemcmndr

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole125 View Post
+1 You don't need a full auto BCG in your AR, it does not offer any advantages over semi auto. Ask anyone who has been in the AR world for a long time and they will tell you the same thing.
Quote:
It makes a difference if you own or have access to a registered M16 or RDIAS. For that you would need a FA BCG. After I missed on the opportunity to run my 11.5" upper on a friend's M16 because I had an AR-15 BCG, I said 'never again' and from that point forward, all I build with is M16 carriers. Colt supplies them with all of their rifles when you buy them. (Heck, I've even seen a NIB Colt 9mm come with an unmodified M16 hammer installed).
chemcmndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 21:11   #25
III_M1KE_III

I do believe you're right. I swear I read this somewhere, but it appears I am 100% WRONG. Good call and thank you for educating me.

Quote:
Not really. The M16 bolt has a little longer portion of metal on the underside of the bolt carrier that interacts with the M16 trigger mechanism. The slightly longer bottom metal trips the auto sear on a full auto trigger group allowing it to automatically fire subsequent shots when the trigger is held down in full auto mode. The back of the bolt that comes in contact with the buffer are identical on both versions. There are no structural advantages one way or the other.