Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-24-2012, 19:58   #1
x_out86

Stupid is as stupid does...

Like we need anymore bad press in the LEO world, but thought I would share anyways.

Quote:
MADISON, Wis. -

A former Sheriff's Department employee put on her old uniform and passed herself off as a law enforcement officer as she wrote bad checks Tuesday at Jim's Coins and Stamps in Madison, police said.

Madison police said that Tamara L. Moe, 33, of Scandinavia, Wis., clad in a Waupaca County Sheriff's Department uniform, told a clerk that she was in town for training and that she needed to buy some coins for a couple of elderly Madison clients.

Moe told the clerk that she is a deputy sheriff who moonlights as a coin dealer, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.

The clerk said he would have to verify she had sufficient funds in her account to cover the $5,407 purchase, and Moe told the clerk she needed to get coins to clients quickly, as they were very anxious, according to the incident report.

Respectful of her law enforcement status, the clerk allowed Moe to take nearly $550 worth of coins before account verification, Madison police said.

After she left, the clerk began to get a bad feeling about the customer. He looked up her criminal record on a state website and learned charges of issuing worthless checks had been filed against her, police said. The clerk then called the Waupaca County Sheriff's Department and learned the woman was no longer employed there and had not been in some time.

Madison police were called, and officers contacted the woman's credit union. Her account had been forced to close, police said.

As the clerk talked with the Madison police officer, it was learned Monona police had just arrested the suspect on charges of issuance of a worthless check, impersonating a peace officer and bail jumping.

Monona police said the suspect was attempting to buy items at Capital City Coins and Jewelry, 6025 Monona Drive, with a worthless check while wearing a Waupaca County Sheriff's Department uniform.

Madison police said the suspect still had the coins belonging to Jim's Coins and Stamps on her. She planned on taking the coins to a pawn shop, Madison police said.

Following her arrest, Moe told a Madison police officer that she is struggling on a number of fronts, including past heroin use, according to the incident report.
I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.
x_out86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 20:02   #2
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Unfortunately bad ones come along. Fortunately at some point they are found out.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 21:11   #3
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Just another criminal in cops clothing.

-texmex
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 21:30   #4
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Just another criminal in cops clothing.
What you did there? I see it.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 22:29   #5
indigent
Bamboozled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
What you did there? I see it.
Me too...... That bastage is sneaky like that....
Old 10-25-2012, 04:33   #6
merlynusn

There is probably a reason she was no longer a deputy. Get her locked up. I'd also conduct a search warrant on her house and take any additional police gear out of it.
merlynusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:59   #7
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_out86 View Post
Like we need anymore bad press in the LEO world, but thought I would share anyways.
The S.O. fired her before this - not bad press as long as they are dumping the bad employees. Like Sgt. Friday said, "the only place we have to recruit from, is the human race."

Last edited by Bren; 10-25-2012 at 05:00..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:42   #8
PuroMexicano
VIVA MEXICO !!!

Whacker
Quote:
I once didn't kill a mountain lion by hand when it tried to stare me down...once.
Quote:
Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.:rofl::rofl:
PuroMexicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:03   #9
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlynusn View Post
There is probably a reason she was no longer a deputy. Get her locked up. I'd also conduct a search warrant on her house and take any additional police gear out of it.
Yep. That's what I was thinking, too.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:32   #10
larry_minn
Silver Membership

I do hope they do a search, and make it added time/fine if she is caught using Police gear in criminal activity again. I recall that in some cases child molestors are not allowed to have kids "toys" in home/car. That hackers are not allowed to have internet computers? (I think as condition of parole?) So if thats true it should be done in this case.

Or just use her as connon fodder in nasty domestics.
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 17:37   #11
tim12232
Pistolero

lifes hard but its harder when your stupid....JW
I also had no need for NV, so I went with the 512. As far as the submersion, if I'm 10 feet under water and still holding onto my rifle, something has gone terribly awry and I don't think an extra 23 feet is going to matter to me. YMMV
G21 Club #858
tim12232 is offline   Reply With Quote