SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 14:14   #1
m2hmghb

Under Our Skin(movie)

Has anyone else watched it? I had to turn it off after 20 mins, it was hitting me way to hard since I had the same thing happen to me.

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
Old 10-25-2012, 14:26   #2
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

What's it about?
For the last time
Old 10-25-2012, 14:31   #3
m2hmghb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
What's it about?
Lyme Disease, how difficult it is to get diagnosed and treated, the road to diagnosis, and the symptoms. It's controversial since it doesn't show a lot of the CDC mainstream health opinion, but instead it shows the doctors who believe in treating until the symptoms resolve or until the patient no longer gets worse off of therapy.

Old 10-25-2012, 14:52   #4
minnshooter

Watched it being that I was diagnosed several years ago with Lyme's. fought symptoms for several years but seem to be okay know. It is quite scary.
"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..."

James Madison
Old 10-25-2012, 15:12   #5
clancy

I have a good friend whose life has been ruined by Lyme Disease. He cannot drive, and for years was hooked up to IV antibiotics for a week at a time, at least once a month. You can literally sit there and watch his joints swell until they look as if they will burst. A girl in my son's class also has it, and she is in so much pain she can hardly move most of the time.

Lyme also strikes dogs. I had to put down my Great Pyrenees a couple months ago because of it.
Old 10-25-2012, 15:14   #6
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Lyme is scary ****.
For the last time
Old 10-25-2012, 15:15   #7
jame
mange takk

I had it. It would have been nice if I could have gotten at least a tip of the hat from my MD.

It's nasty stuff….
Old 10-25-2012, 15:51   #8
JoeCitizen

All started after a containment breach at the biological warfare lab on Plumb Island. The lab is a short distance from Lyme County where the first cases of the disease were noted, hence the name. Total coincidence of course.
Old 10-25-2012, 15:55   #9
m2hmghb

I originally was infected when I was 7 years old, had the EM rash and everything, doctor gave me antibiotics for 30 days and I was better. I never tested positive. Years later I must have gotten re-infected because everything was back, I have never tested positive on an ELISA or Western Blot, they used a LUAT test which isn't approved but it gave an indication of Lyme so we started treating for it. I do have a confirmed case of Babesiosis as well. I've been on IV Zithromax, and Rocephin 3 times as well as over a dozen different antibiotics. I still have the symptoms and when I go off the meds they get worse so I'm on treatment for stabilization basically.

I take vicodin for pain and soma for muscle issues as well as aleve for joint pain. My mother has it as well, thankfully they caught it early in her and she only needs treatment during flareups. I've been on disability since 22, I filed when I was 18, I don't know if I'll ever be able to work. I can't drive, and I'm stuck at home in my room for most of the day.

My mother has an abdominal tumor from some type of abdominal cancer(they aren't sure which type) and is undergoing chemo for it, which means for 2 weeks I get to do the house work and yard work. I end up doing it for a day then for the next 2-3 days I'm stuck not being able to do much at all. I usually watch movies on those days, or read, or lsiten to music, or sleep. My father's had 2 heart attacks and a trans ischemic attack and still works full time so he's basically useless around the house.

Old 10-25-2012, 15:58   #10
m2hmghb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCitizen View Post
All started after a containment breach at the biological warfare lab on Plumb Island. The lab is a short distance from Lyme County where the first cases of the disease were noted, hence the name. Total coincidence of course.
Which is complete and utter BS. How would you explain the ice mummy 5,000 years old that they found in Europe testing positive for a strain of borrelia burgdorferi? I've seen the crackpot theories on it as a bio weapon but people that spout it don't have knowledge of bio warfare. Lyme as a weapon is purely retarded, it's too long of a gestation period, the symptoms too varied, the incapacitation period too varied and so on. That's like saying AIDS is from a bio weapon that was released in Africa to depopulate the country.

Old 10-25-2012, 16:00   #11
JoeCitizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2hmghb View Post
Which is complete and utter BS. How would you explain the ice mummy 5,000 years old that they found in Europe testing positive for a strain of borrelia burgdorferi? I've seen the crackpot theories on it as a bio weapon but people that spout it don't have knowledge of bio warfare. Lyme as a weapon is purely retarded, it's too long of a gestation period, the symptoms too varied, the incapacitation period too varied and so on. That's like saying AIDS is from a bio weapon that was released in Africa to depopulate the country.
Wow! That was easy.
Closed Thread