GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 09:30   #251
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,342


Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
What you're talking about is changing the age-old definition of marriage. If we let libs get away with changing word definitions all the time to bolster whatever their current craze may be, we'll have anarchy. But that's what cultural-Marxist desinforatsiya-artists want, isn't it? Sow confusion, promote unhealthy lifestyles to weaken and kill, wreak destruction in free society so that totalitarian elements can take over.
You have become your own worst enemy. You can't identify a direct victim if homosexual marriage were legalized therefore you make a generic plea against "anarchy" and how it would be bad for "society" as a whole. That is the very definition of a socialist argument (arguing based on what you perceive as best for soceity in general). You are not on the side of individual liberty on this issue.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."

Last edited by Geko45; 11-06-2012 at 09:31..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:33   #252
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Would the atheists on the board please clarify this for me? Is homosexuality a lifestyle which you;

A) practice
B) approve but do not practice
C) no comment

Let all the atheists participate, OK?
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:43   #253
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,342


Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Would the atheists on the board please clarify this for me? Is homosexuality a lifestyle which you;

A) practice
B) approve but do not practice
C) no comment

Let all the atheists participate, OK?
Your list is not complete.

D. Do not practice. Do not condone nor condemn. Just realize it's none of my business (and none of yours as well).
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."

Last edited by Geko45; 11-06-2012 at 11:44..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:50   #254
PrecisionRifleman
Senior Member
 
PrecisionRifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Great. When the majority decides that you can't own guns then I guess you'll just accept that their opinion is valid and cheerfully give them up.

Some things shouldn't be voted on because they are inherent rights. It's only when you can show clear and definite harm to the society as a whole that any activity should be prohibited. You don't want freedom for all, only for those that you agree with. Ironic (not to mention hypocritical) that this is the same mindset that says women should never been allowed to vote because they base decisions on emotion rather than logic.

The points your putting forth have nothing to do with the discussion on homosexualality. I believe in equal right for men and women, and that's an entirely different topic so lets stay focused here. Regarding gun control; we have the right to.bear arms from a tyrannical government. If that right is talent away then do something about it. That's why you and I have the right. The 2nd amendment wasn't.written for.hobbyist and hunters. Again this is entirely a.different topic. Lets stay on point, but really I have said many times.the same points over and over. The only arguments that you have put for are nit picking for the sake of arguement.We disagree, leave it at that. Nothing you say will change my position.


posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
PrecisionRifleman

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:51   #255
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Your list is not complete.

D. Do not practice. Do not condone nor condemn, just realize it's none of my business (and none of yours as well).
hence, "no comment", thought that was self explanatory.So your answer is? D ?
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:36   #256
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,541
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
hence, "no comment", thought that was self explanatory.So your answer is? D ?
If rather than "no comment" you had "none of the above" then it would have been appropriate, but I imagine for many people none of the options were valid. "No comment" is also not an appropriate answer because I have a comment, but you are trying to silence it. The correct answer would be Geko's (D).

Could you please answer the following...
When did you stop beating your wife?
(a) Years ago?
(b) Months ago?
(c) Days ago?
(d) No comment?

Any answer other than a, b or c (including silence) will be interpreted as "no comment".

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:40   #257
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,342


Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
hence, "no comment", thought that was self explanatory.So your answer is? D ?
My answer is my D, but also very different than your "no comment" category.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:49   #258
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
If rather than "no comment" you had "none of the above" then it would have been appropriate, but I imagine for many people none of the options were valid. "No comment" is also not an appropriate answer because I have a comment, but you are trying to silence it. The correct answer would be Geko's (D).

Could you please answer the following...
When did you stop beating your wife?
(a) Years ago?
(b) Months ago?
(c) Days ago?
(d) No comment?

Any answer other than a, b or c (including silence) will be interpreted as "no comment".

-ArtificialGrape
So your answer is "D". But I enjoyed the pointless diatribe, lol . No other participants?
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:49   #259
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,541
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
I believe in equal right for men and women, and that's an entirely different topic
Actually you don't and it's not, but you don't even see it.

Teri wants to get married.
Jack wants to marry Teri.
Christina wants to marry Teri.
Teri is female.

Jack can marry Teri because because he has a p*nis.
Christina cannot marry Teri because she has a v@gina.

Tell us again how you're for equal rights.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:57   #260
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
Actually you don't and it's not, but you don't even see it.

Teri wants to get married.
Jack wants to marry Teri.
Christina wants to marry Teri.
Teri is female.

Jack can marry Teri because because he has a p*nis.
Christina cannot marry Teri because she has a v@gina.

Tell us again how you're for equal rights.

-ArtificialGrape
So you voted for Obama...............
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:57   #261
PrecisionRifleman
Senior Member
 
PrecisionRifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,280
Re: jesus did not abolish the old covenant (mosiac law)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
Actually you don't and it's not, but you don't even see it.

Teri wants to get married.
Jack wants to marry Teri.
Christina wants to marry Teri.
Teri is female.

Jack can marry Teri because because he has a p*nis.
Christina cannot marry Teri because she has a v@gina.

Tell us again how you're for equal rights.

-ArtificialGrape
Terry can put his p*nis whereever he wants. Marriage however is a different matter as it relates to the instituition of family. Terry and Bob can't have kids together. We can arugue this all day all, and again I will remain firm in my position. So lets save the discussion. You are entitled to your beliefs as I am mine and that's a good thing.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
PrecisionRifleman

G20SF
Gen4 G23

Last edited by PrecisionRifleman; 11-06-2012 at 12:00..
PrecisionRifleman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:01   #262
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,541
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
So you voted for Obama...............
Nope, I held my nose and voted Romney as the slightly lesser evil.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:01   #263
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,342


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
Marriage however is a different matter as it relates to the instituition of family.
But you can't support this position without resorting to religion. Which is why you have refused to defend it at all. You just go back to some sort of vague "it is because it is" argument.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:03   #264
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,342


Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
Nope, I held my nose and voted Romney as the slightly lesser evil.

-ArtificialGrape
For the first time, I did not hold my nose and went straight libertarian (and republican when there was not a libertarian choice).
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:08   #265
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
Nope, I held my nose and voted Romney as the slightly lesser evil.

-ArtificialGrape
Me too, but, don't tell anyone we agreed on anything. It would look bad for both of us!
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:09   #266
PrecisionRifleman
Senior Member
 
PrecisionRifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
But you can't support this position without resorting to religion. Which is why you have refused to defend it at all. You just go back to some sort of vague "it is because it is" argument.
I've already backed up that argument in a previous post based on science alone. Regardless of religion Bob and Rich aren't popping out babies. Pretty logical to me.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
PrecisionRifleman

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:20   #267
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,541
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
Terry can put his p*nis whereever he wants. Marriage however is a different matter as it relates to the instituition of family. Terry and Bob can't have kids together.
I had a friend in college who had to have a full hysterectomy in her early 20s rendering her unable to have kids. Many other young people are unable to have kids for various reasons. Post-menopausal women are unable to have kids. Would you deny all these people the opportunity to marry? I don't see the ability to breed as a requirement for marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
We can arugue this all day all, and again I will remain firm in my position. So lets save the discussion. You are entitled to your beliefs as I am mine and that's a good thing.
I agree that we're each entitled to our own view, but let's not pretend that you support equal rights for men and women when it is so easily demonstrated that you do not.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:20   #268
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,541
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Me too, but, don't tell anyone we agreed on anything. It would look bad for both of us!
Agreed.
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:21   #269
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,342


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
I've already backed up that argument in a previous post based on science alone. Regardless of religion Bob and Rich aren't popping out babies. Pretty logical to me.
And a lot of folks that aren't married are pumping out babies left and right while other folks that do get married don't choose to have children. Animals don't get married before mating either. Seems to me the two things are totally unrelated.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."

Last edited by Geko45; 11-06-2012 at 12:21..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:23   #270
PrecisionRifleman
Senior Member
 
PrecisionRifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
And a lot of folks that aren't married are pumping out babies left and right while other folks that do get married don't choose to have children. Animals don't get married before mating either. Seems to me the two things are totally unrelated.
So now your going to compare us to animals and reference a point that is completely not rellavant. Please... again lets let this discuss die. its not going anywhere.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
PrecisionRifleman

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:23   #271
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,342


Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
Nope, I held my nose and voted Romney as the slightly lesser evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Me too, but, don't tell anyone we agreed on anything. It would look bad for both of us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape
Agreed.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:25   #272
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,342


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
So now your going to compare us to animals and reference a point that is completely not rellavant. Please... again lets let this discuss die. its not going anywhere.
No, it's going somewhere you don't like. There is a difference. We are animals, just the smartest type of animal on earth.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:31   #273
PrecisionRifleman
Senior Member
 
PrecisionRifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
No, it's going somewhere you don't like. There is a difference. We are animals, just the smartest type of animal on earth.
No its really not going anywhere. That should.be obvious in the past page or 2 of post where we have consistently disagreed.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
PrecisionRifleman

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:34   #274
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
No, it's going somewhere you don't like. There is a difference. We are animals, just the smartest type of animal on earth.
Why aren't we one being with both sex organs, then we could practice being hetero, homo, and bi. BUT, we "evolved" as two different sexes! That's how the natural order was established (notice I didn't say "created"). Darwin is turning over in his grave!!!!!!!!!
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:41   #275
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,342


Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Why aren't we one being with both sex organs, then we could practice being hetero, homo, and bi. BUT, we "evolved" as two different sexes! That's how the natural order was established (notice I didn't say "created").
But the "natural order" you speak of is just an invention of your own mind. It has nothing to do with nature. It is only the idea of it in your head that assigns the notion of "right" or "correct" to it (i.e. it's subjective to you).

Yes, various species have evolved systems of socializing, mating and child rearing that work well for them as a species. But evolution does not assign any moral assessment to whether an individual of that species follows the normal process or not.

There is not a fundamental difference between a man and woman that get married and choose not to have kids than there is with two individuals of the same gender doing so.

Quote:
Darwin is turning over in his grave!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps...
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:05.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 793
188 Members
605 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42