GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 17:52   #1
mad220860
Senior Member
 
mad220860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 159
Run on guns and ammo

Will there be a run on guns and ammo like we saw in 2008 if the election comes out in favor for the current administration?
mad220860 is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 17:53   #2
vafish
Senior Member
 
vafish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Commonwealth of Virginia
Posts: 24,168
Probably.

Definitely if the dems take some more seats in the senate.
__________________
"If your plan is for one year, plant rice.
If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
If your plan is for one hundred years,
educate children." -- Confucius

Last edited by vafish; 10-28-2012 at 17:53..
vafish is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 18:12   #3
Smithers
Senior Member
 
Smithers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad220860 View Post
Will there be a run on guns and ammo like we saw in 2008 if the election comes out in favor for the current administration?
I think the run has already started. It's a just in case thing.

Remember Rodney King anyone ?
Smithers is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 18:13   #4
danNiB-X
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Jax,FL
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
I think the run has already started. It's a just in case thing.

Remember Rodney King anyone ?
Yep, I've been on a run the last few months just in case...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
danNiB-X is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 18:14   #5
AK74play
Senior Member
 
AK74play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,622
I never have understood this. History tends to repeat its'self and all runs do is creat shortages and higher prices. It's like the buyers are screwing themselves. I have been stocking my private firearms needs & wants for years gradually. When the right gun came up at the right price I was always financally ready to jump and because of that my firearms needs are complete. Also I have been purchasing mags and ammo the same way. Been buying bulk and adding to my inventory sheet so I always know how many round of whatever I have in stock. Ammo I shoot on a regular basis I usually buy over the counter locally but the prices are already so high it's simply ridiculious. A new Gander Mountain has recently opened here and they have a TON of ammo in stock, but their prices are already the highest I have ever seen in my life. I really don't expect them to be open long, we'll see how that goes.
I strongly suggest if your in need of certain arms or ammo or mags you should already be making those purchases as soon as you can. I have many like minded friends who have also witnessed this befor and when it happens again we will again be sitting around watching people bleed for their supplies because they brought it on themselves.
If the current administration remains in power after this election, life as a FREE American is going to change like you never thought possible. VOTE, VOTE, VOTE, you still have a chance to stop it.
__________________
NRA Life Member at Patron level - NRA Golden Eagle. Be a part of the cure or you are a part of the problem.
AK74play is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 18:19   #6
michael e
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,809
Well for the last two months I haven't been able to locate the 22s I like to use.

Found a deal on a AR lower and Uppers are priced crazy , or are all out of stock for the price I am looking to spend.

Primers seem to be out of stock, or hit or miss.

I bought all my reloading stuff for the year a little early to avoid the out of stock issues.
michael e is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 18:28   #7
MNBud
Senior Member
 
MNBud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: suburb of Mpls. Mn.
Posts: 718
My local shop just got in four boxes of my favorite 22's, bought one box when they were putting them on the shelf, I'm thinking I better get back tomorrow and buy another.
__________________
Just because you know you're paranoid doesn't mean someones not out to get you.

Sub club #622
Certified Glock armorer
MNBud is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 18:30   #8
Shinytop
Senior Member
 
Shinytop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 624
Been on the cusp of a new gun for weeks, reading and trying to decide among several contenders. So a couple that I am considering are not available locally so have been waiting for a gun show. In two weeks there is one 60 miles away in a slightly larger city, Mobile, and then in three weeks there will be one here in Pensacola. If O is elected I don't think 5 days will be enough time to ruin it by then.
Shinytop is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 18:31   #9
michael e
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBud View Post
My local shop just got in four boxes of my favorite 22's, bought one box when they were putting them on the shelf, I'm thinking I better get back tomorrow and buy another.
I have only found one brand that will run in all my 22s ( 10 diffrent guns) I still have about 10-12 525 packs but I like to restock for every pack I use. They told me they get them in but it's always diffrent days and all I could do is keep checking. Hoping that is just the pre election rush and in a couple of weeks they will be back around.
michael e is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 19:30   #10
DSLAM
Member
 
DSLAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK74play View Post
If the current administration remains in power after this election, life as a FREE American is going to change like you never thought possible.
This is so ridiculous. People say that every election time and it just turns out to not be true. People get so freaked out about Dems, they think the world is going to end and, surprise surprise, it never does. Also, many dont realize how many Dems and liberals are gun owners and users. Dont believe the hype, everything is going to be fine.
__________________
"The reason you wouldn't want to burn the flag, is because you can." --Me
"The Law is Reason free from Passion" --Aristotle

Last edited by DSLAM; 10-28-2012 at 19:31..
DSLAM is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 19:53   #11
TxGlock9
2014 RACE TIME!
 
TxGlock9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: BMT, TX
Posts: 4,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLAM View Post
This is so ridiculous. People say that every election time and it just turns out to not be true. People get so freaked out about Dems, they think the world is going to end and, surprise surprise, it never does. Also, many dont realize how many Dems and liberals are gun owners and users. Dont believe the hype, everything is going to be fine.
He never said anything about democrats. lol.
__________________
My name is John
TxGlock9 is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 19:57   #12
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Warp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NE of Atlanta
Posts: 30,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxGlock9 View Post
He never said anything about democrats. lol.
He said "if the current administration remains in power"

The current administration is Democrat.

Further, the context of the thread/discussion up to that point revolved around Democrats.

A reasonable interpretation of his statement thus concludes that he was, in fact, talking about democrats.

Hope this helps.
__________________
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 10-28-2012 at 19:58..
Warp is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 20:08   #13
SJ 40
Senior Member
 
SJ 40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vermont
Posts: 7,510
In case you haven't noticed it's already started at least in my neck of the woods.
Used guns are in short supply,prices are up,ammunition is not in great stock on the selfs and reloading components are starting to disappear along with the ammunition.
Not as bad as 08 yet but none the less starting again. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 20:09   #14
TxGlock9
2014 RACE TIME!
 
TxGlock9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: BMT, TX
Posts: 4,801
Misread his post gotcha..
__________________
My name is John
TxGlock9 is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 20:17   #15
rustytxrx
Senior Member
 
rustytxrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,068
Well need to re-enforce foundation if any more weight. I think I am good to go even as competition shooter.

Rusty
Texas, I luv u
rustytxrx is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 20:24   #16
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Warp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NE of Atlanta
Posts: 30,097
My local gunstore's supply of bulk 5.56 and .223, as of last week:

General Glocking
__________________
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 20:48   #17
Gpruitt54
Senior Member
 
Gpruitt54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 699
If there is run, it will created by those with vested interests in companies selling guns and ammo. Or, those intent on creating a boogy man; like Obama the non-American, or Obama the Socialists, or Obama the Communists, or Obama the whatever. After 4 years of the Obama administration, there has been not one attempt to take guns from anyone.

People believe what they want to believe. And people believe what are told to believe. In this case, people are being told that Obama wants to take guns from Americans, going to happen. After 4 years of this administration, it has not happened. There is no reason to believe it will happen during the next 4.
Gpruitt54 is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 20:51   #18
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Warp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NE of Atlanta
Posts: 30,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpruitt54 View Post
If there is run, it will created by those with vested interests in companies selling guns and ammo. Or, those intent on creating a boogy man; like Obama the non-American, or Obama the Socialists, or Obama the Communists, or Obama the whatever. After 4 years of the Obama administration, there has been not one attempt to take guns from anyone.

People believe what they want to believe. And people believe what are told to believe. In this case, people are being told that Obama wants to take guns from Americans, going to happen. After 4 years of this administration, it has not happened. There is no reason to believe it will happen during the next 4.
There doesn't have to be any attempt to take guns from anyone to make having what you want a good idea.

Even when they did pass an AWB in 1994 there was not one attempt to take guns from anyone.

And I think you are wrong. People aren't talking about "Obama wants to take guns from Americans". People are talking about the possibility of additional restrictions, difficulty, or cost in the future acquisition of firearms, magazines, or ammo.

I find your position, as quoted, to be a straw man.
__________________
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 10-28-2012 at 20:53..
Warp is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 21:54   #19
DSLAM
Member
 
DSLAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpruitt54 View Post
If there is run, it will created by those with vested interests in companies selling guns and ammo. Or, those intent on creating a boogy man; like Obama the non-American, or Obama the Socialists, or Obama the Communists, or Obama the whatever. After 4 years of the Obama administration, there has been not one attempt to take guns from anyone.

People believe what they want to believe. And people believe what are told to believe. In this case, people are being told that Obama wants to take guns from Americans, going to happen. After 4 years of this administration, it has not happened. There is no reason to believe it will happen during the next 4.
Absolutely 100% correct.
__________________
"The reason you wouldn't want to burn the flag, is because you can." --Me
"The Law is Reason free from Passion" --Aristotle
DSLAM is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 06:40   #20
fuzzy03cls
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
There doesn't have to be any attempt to take guns from anyone to make having what you want a good idea.

Even when they did pass an AWB in 1994 there was not one attempt to take guns from anyone.

And I think you are wrong. People aren't talking about "Obama wants to take guns from Americans". People are talking about the possibility of additional restrictions, difficulty, or cost in the future acquisition of firearms, magazines, or ammo.

I find your position, as quoted, to be a straw man.
I disagree. Panic buying makes it suck for EVERYONE. I just started to get into shooting in Dec of 08. Boy did I get sticker shock. I think it's minds like this that create more of the panic. Even if O did try he doesn't have the support to pass anything. Even his own party doesn't want to touch that subject. This isn't 1994. More Americans own guns, gun business is big & creates billions of $ & jobs. It's become more of American culture.
fuzzy03cls is offline  

 
  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:05.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 889
257 Members
632 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31