Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-30-2012, 14:33   #1
17&27

Product Evaluation

I bought one of these to load my primer filler tubes and must say it works as advertised.

I think I saw it in a thread from about a year ago, contacted Bobby to see if they were still available and he said yes. $51.80 to paypal on Friday had it in my mailbox Monday. I have the Hornady tubes so this required removal of the plastic peice that picks up the primers, then cutting off about a 1/4 inch from that end of the tube. Took about 2 minutes with a hacksaw and file to clean it up.
Mine seemed to work a little smoother than the one in the video. It took a minute to figure out the best way to make it feed but if you tilt it just a little toward the primer tube and let the vibrations work it's pretty quick. If you try to rush it you get a log jam. The only issue I have is getting it away from my girlfriend long enough to load some primers!
I saw some videos on you tube on making these but by the time you scrounge the parts and figure your time I thought the price was more than fair. I'm not selling these and have nothing to gain if you buy one. I was just looking for options to load primers and this seemed to be the best value for the dollar.
I contacted him at: bobby4075@aol.com
17&27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 18:23   #2
F106 Fan

Interesting! I watched a video on the Dillon primer filler and it was a lot slower. I like that the Dillon will properly orient the primers because Federal primers don't come packed the same as CCI.

One of these days I will be in the market for something like this. Thanks for posting the video.

Richard
Old 10-30-2012, 18:48   #3
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by F106 Fan View Post
Interesting! I watched a video on the Dillon primer filler and it was a lot slower. I like that the Dillon will properly orient the primers because Federal primers don't come packed the same as CCI.

One of these days I will be in the market for something like this. Thanks for posting the video.

Richard
Dillon's runs automatically for 2 minutes, but finishes 100 primers in < 1.5 minutes every time and requires no human intervention between dumping primers in the top, and removing the tube to fill the press. But at $315 for one primer size, it's a bit of a luxury many couldn't justify.

I have the large primer conversion kit (another $48), but haven't used it yet. Looks like it will require some fiddling after installation to get the parts that flip the primers properly aligned and adjusted - but I'm the gal who takes 30 minutes to change calibers on a 650 on a very good day.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 19:07   #4
shotgunred
reloading nut

Google homemade primer filler. Lots of people have made very similar items. I bet his wife was pissed when he attached her vibrator to his gun toy.

and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 22:34   #5
F106 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
Dillon's runs automatically for 2 minutes, but finishes 100 primers in < 1.5 minutes every time and requires no human intervention between dumping primers in the top, and removing the tube to fill the press. But at $315 for one primer size, it's a bit of a luxury many couldn't justify.

I have the large primer conversion kit (another $48), but haven't used it yet. Looks like it will require some fiddling after installation to get the parts that flip the primers properly aligned and adjusted - but I'm the gal who takes 30 minutes to change calibers on a 650 on a very good day.
It's pretty clear that the solution is to buy a complete large primer system.

That device is so far down my 'want' list that I may never get to it. I would rather just complain about how long it takes to pick up the primers.

But I do like that ChargeMaster! It's terrific for precision rifle reloading.

Richard
Old 10-31-2012, 01:13   #6
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by F106 Fan View Post
It's pretty clear that the solution is to buy a complete large primer system.
Now you're talking...

Quote:
But I do like that ChargeMaster! It's terrific for precision rifle reloading.
I have that as well. I love watching the thing trickle and it's handy for working up handgun loads with increasing-load 5 to 10-round batches. Haven't used my Enos scale for a couple of months, maybe.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:22   #7
F106 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
I have that as well. I love watching the thing trickle and it's handy for working up handgun loads with increasing-load 5 to 10-round batches. Haven't used my Enos scale for a couple of months, maybe.
I'm in the "two scale" mode when loading rifle. As soon as the ChargeMaster is finished, I move the pan over to my Dillon D-Terminator and verify the load.

Richard