Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:23   #1
SARDG

Of Interest to Local Venue Match Directors & Their Customers

This article came across my desk today, in a daily shooter's news e-mail. Not so strangely, it speaks of Match Director's events and their customers - right on with what I consider as an RO at every match (or practice) event, GSSF or otherwise.

It begins:
Between The Berms: Your Match Sucks

...Hopefully the title caught your attention. Your match probably doesn't suck, but I bet it could certainly improve a whole lot, and that's what this is really all about.

Whether yours is just a local monthly match or one of the major events it could use improving, and constant improvement should be the goal of any event.

And 'event' is the key word.

While you see the competition you're running as simply a match, it really needs to be thought of as an event. And your shooters, your competitors, they are your customers...

Entire article here:
http://www.shootingwire.com/features/226709
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:31   #2
PM720

Yes, a very good article.

Scott
PM720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:28   #3
emtjr928

Thanks for the link. Lotsa things to consider for our 2013 match locally!
emtjr928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 18:25   #4
Glockrunner
HOOYA DEEPSEA

Send a message via Yahoo to Glockrunner
Very good article. I am guilty. Competitors got to shoot thru the match in record times! I did good, right?

WRONG!

By getting everyone thru the match I thought they would relax, spend some money on lunch/food/drinks and visit the vendors.

Folks shot the match and pretty much bagged out. The weather was great so it wasn't that. Guess we need more for them to do and provide more relaxation areas....
Old 11-01-2012, 18:57   #5
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockrunner View Post
...Competitors got to shoot thru the match in record times! I did good, right?

WRONG!

By getting everyone thru the match I thought they would relax, spend some money on lunch/food/drinks and visit the vendors.

Folks shot the match and pretty much bagged out. The weather was great so it wasn't that. Guess we need more for them to do and provide more relaxation areas....
You and Pat have been to the Reevesville Ladies Match and there seems to be something there about hanging and relaxing - for 2 days for many of the shooters - that never quite happens at the general matches. The ladies bring their chairs and umbrellas, their coolers... plus there are the 10x10 canopies, a grassy area near the stages... the ladies make a social event out of it.

I don't know... when I go to any of these matches, I am there for the duration. I spent nearly a week at Reevesville this April before the match weekend, hanging at the range and even working on Lisa Marie's clubhouse with the gang.

Maybe more guys need to learn to relax and be sociable.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote