GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 12:06   #1126
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,315
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6-3/8 View Post
I just learned the other day that I can order any Glock direct through my department with our patch and department name engraved on the slide. (just like our issued pistols) Me thinks there might be a G30s in my future!


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Order me a G19.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:36   #1127
blueiron
Clown move, bro
 
blueiron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: On the corner of Gang and Ghetto
Posts: 13,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Order me a G19.
You'll be sued by Abercrombie and Fitch, along with Reno 9-1-1, for copyright infringement.
__________________
Imported from the future in 1984. Returned to the past in 2007

Dear God, this is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. It's got to rank right up there with CALEA. -Pepper45

Last edited by blueiron; 03-03-2013 at 12:37..
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:58   #1128
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,469
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6-3/8 View Post
I just learned the other day that I can order any Glock direct through my department with our patch and department name engraved on the slide. (just like our issued pistols) Me thinks there might be a G30s in my future!


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
That's awesome, man!
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:01   #1129
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,469
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
And I'm dragging ass yet again for some reason. I wasn't up too late; just had 45 min of OT last night. I'll be more than happy for my vacation to hit.

Oh, had to cancel the trip to the smokies; people cancelled on me yesterday, which made the cost per person too much to afford for me or the other people going. Not really happy about it, but what can you do?

I think I'm going to try to at least do an overnight or three day trip to Mammoth Cave or something.
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:26   #1130
merlynusn
Senior Member
 
merlynusn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
And I'm dragging ass yet again for some reason. I wasn't up too late; just had 45 min of OT last night. I'll be more than happy for my vacation to hit.

Oh, had to cancel the trip to the smokies; people cancelled on me yesterday, which made the cost per person too much to afford for me or the other people going. Not really happy about it, but what can you do?

I think I'm going to try to at least do an overnight or three day trip to Mammoth Cave or something.
That sucks. I had my vacation last week cancelled...er rescheduled to the end of March.
merlynusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 14:09   #1131
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,469
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlynusn View Post
That sucks. I had my vacation last week cancelled...er rescheduled to the end of March.
Yeah. This way, though, I may get more friends to go, as it's closer (2 hr drive instead of 4), and shorter duration.
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:17   #1132
Horror
Polizei
 
Horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,180
Send a message via ICQ to Horror
no posts for 41 hours?
__________________
Everything will be okay in the end. If its not okay, its not the end.
Horror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:51   #1133
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,315
Blog Entries: 1
Guten tag, mein freund.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:04   #1134
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,469
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Been workin', mang.

Well, I found out I'm still in the running for the local PD. I just got an email from the civil service guy with metro HR; I had to respond to a bunch of questions that used to be on the old application but aren't on the new one. I get the feeling they're getting a class together relatively soon.
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:17   #1135
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 11,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Been workin', mang.

Well, I found out I'm still in the running for the local PD. I just got an email from the civil service guy with metro HR; I had to respond to a bunch of questions that used to be on the old application but aren't on the new one. I get the feeling they're getting a class together relatively soon.
Oh geez. I hope they didn't ask about the whole 'sex with animals' issue. That'll sink ya.
__________________
"Fast is fine. But accuracy is final."

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:00   #1136
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,469
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
Oh geez. I hope they didn't ask about the whole 'sex with animals' issue. That'll sink ya.
Luckily, they didn't!
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:57   #1137
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned
 
RyanNREMTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 4,530
I've been at work the last three days. I usually post during work but been busy running strange calls. But then that's nothing new.
__________________
Support Free Range Shopping Carts on Facebook.
RyanNREMTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:26   #1138
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,469
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNREMTP View Post
I've been at work the last three days. I usually post during work but been busy running strange calls. But then that's nothing new.
Same here on when I post. When I've been getting home lately, I've been worn out. Today is day 8 of 9 straight.
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:38   #1139
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned
 
RyanNREMTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 4,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Same here on when I post. When I've been getting home lately, I've been worn out. Today is day 8 of 9 straight.
Ouch and I thought doing a 24 at both my EMS job and PD job every Friday was bad. I don't think I would want to work 9 straight days unless there was some serious time off afterwards.
__________________
Support Free Range Shopping Carts on Facebook.
RyanNREMTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:47   #1140
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,469
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNREMTP View Post
Ouch and I thought doing a 24 at both my EMS job and PD job every Friday was bad. I don't think I would want to work 9 straight days unless there was some serious time off afterwards.
I have Friday off, then I have drill Saturday and Sunday, then I'm off for the next week on vacation, thank God. Then I go to a set schedule for the next quarter.
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 13:06   #1141
Agent6-3/8
Senior Member
 
Agent6-3/8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The ramparts of civilization
Posts: 11,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Been workin', mang.

Well, I found out I'm still in the running for the local PD. I just got an email from the civil service guy with metro HR; I had to respond to a bunch of questions that used to be on the old application but aren't on the new one. I get the feeling they're getting a class together relatively soon.
Good luck, CJ!

Been staying busy lately between my usual shifts and working a few OT shifts. Just working an extra day each week sure can add a nice bonus on the pay checks!


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
__________________
"The mountains are calling and I must go." -John Muir
Agent6-3/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 13:35   #1142
indigent
Bamboozled
 
indigent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tx
Posts: 3,022
I've been busy too..... We worked last weekend and the idiots were out in force. Between the PD, Volunteer Hosemonkeying, and my daughter's softball practice/games I'm pretty wore out... Throw in there not sleeping well during the day and I'm toast.
__________________
Si vis pacem, para bellum
indigent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 13:54   #1143
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy
 
OfficerChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Schnitzelhausen
Posts: 7,501
Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
24 days to go
__________________
Pinki: "I don't think you want to get wild OC style"
Personal hero: Lawman800
Paint me a picture! (top left button)
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 13:59   #1144
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,469
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6-3/8 View Post
Good luck, CJ!

Been staying busy lately between my usual shifts and working a few OT shifts. Just working an extra day each week sure can add a nice bonus on the pay checks!


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigent View Post
I've been busy too..... We worked last weekend and the idiots were out in force. Between the PD, Volunteer Hosemonkeying, and my daughter's softball practice/games I'm pretty wore out... Throw in there not sleeping well during the day and I'm toast.
It looks like everybody's running ragged right about now. At least, starting in April, we get a little unpaid "break" every pay period, thanks to DC......
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 14:45   #1145
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned
 
RyanNREMTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 4,530
I'm just looking forward to next week. I work Sunday at my EMS job, have a school shooting drill Monday at my PD job and then I have the rest of the week to figure out how to bore my kids into wanting to go back to school.
__________________
Support Free Range Shopping Carts on Facebook.
RyanNREMTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 15:16   #1146
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,469
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNREMTP View Post
I'm just looking forward to next week. I work Sunday at my EMS job, have a school shooting drill Monday at my PD job and then I have the rest of the week to figure out how to bore my kids into wanting to go back to school.
Sounds like me, lol. I'm off Friday, have drill with my Guard unit Saturday and Sunday, then I'm off until the following Sunday on vacation. I am MORE than ready for it, too.
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 17:28   #1147
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned
 
RyanNREMTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 4,530
Just to change the subject a bit.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...res-next-year/

To make sure the NPT can withstand long-term abuse, it was put through military-grade testing. Engineers shot test tires with 50-caliber rounds from an AK-47 and then subjected them to 5,000 hours of off-roading. On another outing that involved crossing a train tracks, a rail spike punctured the tread band of an NPT, but the rider kept going on it for more than 1,000 miles.

A 50 cal AK-47?
__________________
Support Free Range Shopping Carts on Facebook.

Last edited by RyanNREMTP; 03-06-2013 at 17:29..
RyanNREMTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 17:32   #1148
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,469
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNREMTP View Post
Just to change the subject a bit.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...res-next-year/

To make sure the NPT can withstand long-term abuse, it was put through military-grade testing. Engineers shot test tires with 50-caliber rounds from an AK-47 and then subjected them to 5,000 hours of off-roading. On another outing that involved crossing a train tracks, a rail spike punctured the tread band of an NPT, but the rider kept going on it for more than 1,000 miles.

A 50 cal AK-47?
Wow. That's gotta be one MASSIVE AK!
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 20:53   #1149
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,315
Blog Entries: 1
Damn... long day... nonstop for almost ten hours... someone put a fork in me. I'm done.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 21:08   #1150
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,469
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Damn... long day... nonstop for almost ten hours... someone put a fork in me. I'm done.
It's been a crappy day here, too. Not from inmates as much as from staff, though.
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:04.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 679
175 Members
504 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42