SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:34   #1
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

We third party voters just can't get a break

The rightwingers accuse us of throwing our votes away and let Obama win because we're not astute enough to understand how American politics work, and that we're naive.

The leftwingers accuse us of throwing our votes away and let Romney win because we're not astute enough to understand how American politics work, and that we're naive.

Yet neither the rightwingers nor the leftwingers agree that they're two faces of the same coin.

Oh, the humanity and the irony!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:47   #2
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

No wonder you can't catch a break. You're wrong about everything, why should anyone listen to you?

You don't understand politics. Unless you're competitive, you're asting your vote...for who ever. Its not politics, its math. If you're watching a football game where the score is 42-3 in the last 2 mins of the 4th quarter, what do you think the outcome is going to be? Duh.

So if you proceed regardless, you just enjoy being a spiteful loser trying to upset someone else's chance and usually to the benefit of the worst candidate.

But its a free country and you may waste your vote if you please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:53   #3
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Oh, the huge manatee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
No wonder you can't catch a break. You're wrong about everything, why should anyone listen to you?

You don't understand politics. Unless you're competitive, you're asting your vote...for who ever. Its not politics, its math. If you're watching a football game where the score is 42-3 in the last 2 mins of the 4th quarter, what do you think the outcome is going to be? Duh.

So if you proceed regardless, you just enjoy being a spiteful loser trying to upset someone else's chance and usually to the benefit of the worst candidate.

But its a free country and you may waste your vote if you please.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:55   #4
paul45
old crank

What, bored and need a little trolling to pass time?
paul45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:58   #5
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

It depends on the ideology of the candidate you are throwing your vote away for that determines what party loses votes.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:59   #6
SCHADENFREUDE

Voting isn't a sports contest. It is one of the most sacred things we can do in our republic. Vote your conscience and don't worry about all the dems and repubs that want their guy to win so that they feel all warm and toasty inside.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."

John Quincy Adams.
SCHADENFREUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:01   #7
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHADENFREUDE View Post
Voting isn't a sports contest. It is one of the most sacred things we can do in our republic. Vote your conscience and don't worry about all the dems and repubs that want their guy to win so that they feel all warm and toasty inside.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."

John Quincy Adams.
This...
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:02   #8
Henry Kane
Reverend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post

Yet neither the rightwingers nor the leftwingers agree that they're two faces of the same coin.
Hmmm. I see it pointed out pretty regularly in discussions here, and in general. In fact, I've been noticing more and more people facing this reality, whether they're voting for the lesser of two evils, or third party.
Henry Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:07   #9
boone10
Glockeologist

Third party sounds about as righteous as independent. This particular election is far more important than the selfish "independents" will ever understand.

BTW, who are your NO NAME candidates this year?

Ross Pirogue or maybe Ralph Nader pin...darn Corvairs were death traps.
boone10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:09   #10
RCP

I don't see it as a wasted vote as I'm hoping the Libertarian candidate can garner the 5% needed to open the door for huge increases in campaign funding in 2016. Y'all know about this?

http://www.postlibertarian.com/2012/...ent-threshold/
RCP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:16   #11
boone10
Glockeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
I don't see it as a wasted vote as I'm hoping the Libertarian candidate can garner the 5% needed to open the door for huge increases in campaign funding in 2016. Y'all know about this?

http://www.postlibertarian.com/2012/...ent-threshold/

Regardless of level of the election (municipal, county, state, federal), 1st you support the most conservative. Next election you support the true conservative. Then, and only then, can you begin to start thinking about Libertarians.

You don't eat an elephant in one bite. Your precious and coveted 5% is just about the same number of people it takes to push EVIL back into office. Wake up, do the right thing and let your CHILDREN and grandchildren vote Libertarian--it ain't happening anytime soon.
boone10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:21   #12
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boone10 View Post
Regardless of level of the election (municipal, county, state, federal), 1st you support the most conservative. Next election you support the true conservative. Then, and only then, can you begin to start thinking about Libertarians.

You don't eat an elephant in one bite. Your precious and coveted 5% is just about the same number of people it takes to push EVIL back into office. Wake up, do the right thing and let your CHILDREN and grandchildren vote Libertarian--it ain't happening anytime soon.
Well, I voted for the most conservative last presidential election. This time, I'm going to vote for a true conservative.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
686Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:26   #13
G36's Rule

Two faces of the same coin.... Hmmmmmm... In other words polar opposites. Two different sides of the only system we have...

How about that, idiot 3rd party voter actually gets it for once.

Or you just heard someone else say that and you repeated it?

ETA: cuz I know our 3rd party voting brethren don't always gets the humor.

Last edited by G36's Rule; 11-05-2012 at 13:31..
G36's Rule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:31   #14
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

Vote `now` *between the `2 that `count`* and are running for the highest office... for "who will Allow you" and give "you the freedom" to have a "chance" to vote again....
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:31   #15
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
Two faces of the same coin.... Hmmmmmm... In other words polar opposites. Two different sides of the only system we have...

How about that, idiot 3rd party voter actually gets it for once.

Or you just heard someone else say that and you repeated it?

ETA: :biggrin: cuz I know our 3rd party voting brethren don't always gets the humor.
Actually not really... if you get down to the meat and potatoes of it the two parties currently are very similar in action and values.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:37   #16
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
The rightwingers accuse us of throwing our votes away and let Obama win because we're not astute enough to understand how American politics work, and that we're naive.

The leftwingers accuse us of throwing our votes away and let Romney win because we're not astute enough to understand how American politics work, and that we're naive.

Oh, the humanity and the irony!!!
Humarony???

A third party only further divides an already divided country. You aren't for the best candidate - you are for YOUR candidate. You are on the fore-front of the partisan politics that destroys this nation.

The best way (and the way the Liberals did it, BTW) is to change your own party. But you don't want to do that. You want to sit in the corner and throw a voter temper tantrum. So be it. You won't change the system. Because YOUR guy is THE guy for a small small small segment of the population. And other guy is for another small small. And so on. Getting one means getting 50 - and you have Italian politics. Good luck with that.

My hope is that your candidate flames out quickly and goes away. I tried supporting a Libertarian here in MA years ago. What a waste of my time and resources. 3rd Partiers only alienate, they never unite.
Old 11-05-2012, 13:41   #17
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
Actually not really... if you get down to the meat and potatoes of it the two parties currently are very similar in action and values.
And ASSUMING a successful (and singular - see above) 3rd party comes along - they will be "assimilated" to the current system very quickly. You don't seriously think the Tea Party people have such integrity as to vote perfectly every time, do you??? That they won't be faced with a situation where it is principal or people, and they'll choose people.

There is both good and bad to our current system. In other countries, they have multiple parties - and a PILE more chaos. (And strangely, these same "intelligent, for the people" parties never seem to effect change either.) We have TWO parties, far less chaos and a more obvious system of alike-ness.

I'll say it again - you will have better luck changing the Republican party than you will ever supporting a 3rd party candidate. Ever. You could go for 200 years and you won't make a change the way you are going. It's either 2 parties or 50. You are trying to open a door you think you can allegedly shut. Funny - this is EXACTLY how some legislators got us into this current overall mess - they never thought about the future - only the present.
Old 11-05-2012, 13:58   #18
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post

I'll say it again - you will have better luck changing the Republican party than you will ever supporting a 3rd party candidate. Ever. You could go for 200 years and you won't make a change the way you are going. It's either 2 parties or 50. You are trying to open a door you think you can allegedly shut. Funny - this is EXACTLY how some legislators got us into this current overall mess - they never thought about the future - only the present.
Why change the republican party? Why not change the democratic party? We'll all vote democrat, then change the party.

Last edited by 686Owner; 11-05-2012 at 14:02..
Old 11-05-2012, 14:01   #19
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Also, interesting you should say this. I guess you're right. I'll just vote Federalist since the parties will never change.

Last edited by 686Owner; 11-05-2012 at 14:02..
Old 11-05-2012, 14:10   #20
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
Humarony???

A third party only further divides an already divided country. You aren't for the best candidate - you are for YOUR candidate. You are on the fore-front of the partisan politics that destroys this nation.

The best way (and the way the Liberals did it, BTW) is to change your own party. But you don't want to do that. You want to sit in the corner and throw a voter temper tantrum. So be it. You won't change the system. Because YOUR guy is THE guy for a small small small segment of the population. And other guy is for another small small. And so on. Getting one means getting 50 - and you have Italian politics. Good luck with that.

My hope is that your candidate flames out quickly and goes away. I tried supporting a Libertarian here in MA years ago. What a waste of my time and resources. 3rd Partiers only alienate, they never unite.
I king of feel alienated by the Republicans AND Democrats.

I see open hostility between them in congress. They get NOTHING accomplished in a way of a budget or helping the economy.

The Republicans and Democrats openly divide this nation. There is no unity from either party.
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote