SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-06-2012, 23:44   #301
robrides85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
No, we understand that Libertarians are actually Obama supporters; they certainly aren't conservatives.
Who are Romney supporters? Backsliding conservatives? I thought we were just voting for Romney because he was slightly better than Obama, not because he was actually a conservative.
robrides85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 00:31   #302
Panglоss
I am the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrides85 View Post
No, but nice try. Even if you live in some fantasy world where only potential Romney votes go to Johnson, the math doesn't add up. Difference between the two currently is 49,000. Johnson took home 42,000.
Yep.

With the final count coming in, the libertarian vote (even assuming it would have all gone to Romney, which of course I realize is absurd) doesn't nearly make up enough votes to bridge that gap. The Republicans lost on their own accord - By presenting a ****ty candidate and a ****ty platform.

Looks like the libertarians are taking about 1% of the national popular vote. Which could make this the greatest support ever of a libertarian candidate, or second greatest (after 1980's election).

Last edited by Panglоss; 11-07-2012 at 00:35..
Panglоss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:25   #303
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrides85 View Post
Who are Romney supporters? Backsliding conservatives? I thought we were just voting for Romney because he was slightly better than Obama, not because he was actually a conservative.
We could have had Alan Gura on the supreme court, but now we will get Eric Holder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:26   #304
Fox
Varmit Control

Political Issues

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:28   #305
HWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Political Issues
GOP partisans can't even take responsibility for their own loss. Comical.
HWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:31   #306
runcible68

All I can say is "Four More Years!" Way to go! Not all of us Glock Talkers are Republicans!
Remington 870 Express
Colt AR-15 Competition Match HBAR II
runcible68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:04   #307
Panglоss
I am the NRA

I just hope Scalia and Kennedy can hold out for another four years. Replacing them with a couple more Kagans would be devastating to gun rights in any future 2nd amendment cases.
Panglоss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:09   #308
Sendarr

So wow, read over this whole thread in the last two days. I try to see the POV of both sides (or in this case, all three) of an argument. Personally, voting is quite simple for me. I vote for the person more likely to protect my 2A rights, or the lowest threat to them at least. Don't get me wrong, I care about the economy, foreign policy, domestic issues, etc. But none of that is as important as the 2A in my opinion. I believe of all our rights, our right to bear arms supersedes and supports the others.

Did Romney sign an AWB in Mass.? Sure did, that's what the populace wanted there apparently. Would he as a first term president? Not likely chief. First it would have to pass both houses of congress, and then he would have to vote against his party, and election promises. Now I know some will point out that candidates often break their election promises. But in the end, If Romney signed an AWB in his first term, he would never see a second. Look at the political fallout of the Clinton AWB.

Obama on the other hand? Do I even need to detail the difference? Many people see more of the same from both candidates, and I agree. I am a Libertarian at heart, and I see the wisdom in getting your issues in the spotlight by getting a larger percentage of the vote and earning the attention of one of the big two. However, damage if most often easier to prevent than to repair, and I can't personally sit by and watch our 2A rights be eroded just to make a point.
I did NOT vote for Romney in the Primary, and he wasn't even my second or third choice really. But I don't think our country should have to endure another Obama term, just to hope for a small change over the course of years by gradually gaining ground as a 3rd party. I agree that changing the GOP from within may be the best choice.

I live in a battleground state, and in a "purple" county. Having Bill Nelson, Kathy Castor, and Obama all be reelected makes me want to vomit.
Sendarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:16   #309
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

I voted for the big-eared Texan years ago. That was the last time I wasted my vote. That said, if the Republican party doesn't change with the times, it's doomed to be viable much longer.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:57   #310
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
I voted for the big-eared Texan years ago. That was the last time I wasted my vote. That said, if the Republican party doesn't change with the times, it's doomed to be viable much longer.
your democrat party will still be safe? that's comforting to know, i'm sure.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:44   #311
Bren
NRA Life Member

Each of you third party voters helped reelect Barack Obama last night (those of you actually old enough to vote). Some of you are probably proud of it.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:52   #312
HWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Each of you third party voters helped reelect Barack Obama last night (those of you actually old enough to vote). Some of you are probably proud of it.
Take responsibility for your own parties loss, it was no one else's doing. It's a sad day for the GOP partisans when they can't admit defeat and resort to blaming others. Of course, I do somewhat understand, they did just lose to the worst incumbent president ever, hard pill to swallow I imagine.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:11   #313
Sendarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWI View Post
Take responsibility for your own parties loss, it was no one else's doing. It's a sad day for the GOP partisans when they can't admit defeat and resort to blaming others. Of course, I do somewhat understand, they did just lose to the worst incumbent president ever, hard pill to swallow I imagine.
"they" just lost to him? No, my friend, we ALL lost in this election I fear.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-07-2012, 06:12   #314
HWI

I would have lost with either candidate since I am not cool with unnecessary war, the NDAA, the Patriot Act, Bailouts, adding trillions to the debt, etc etc.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:21   #315
Sendarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWI View Post
I would have lost with either candidate since I am not cool with unnecessary war, the NDAA, the Patriot Act, Bailouts, adding trillions to the debt, etc etc.
how about an assault weapons ban? Cool with that?

Old 11-07-2012, 06:24   #316
airmotive
Tin Kicker

Quote:
Funny...I don't recall the Libertarian nomination of Romney as a presidential candidate.

The Republican Party brought a mule to a horse race; quit looking for scapegoats.

Last edited by airmotive; 11-07-2012 at 06:24..
airmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:28   #317
HWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendarr View Post
how about an assault weapons ban? Cool with that?

No, but that is also an issue with both candidates. Romney has a more tangible history of being against guns. Obama has so far been only talk. Pick your poison.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:08   #318
Disintegr8or

Quote:
Boy are you delusional. Does saying that actually make you feel better? I mean, ignoring the cold hard numbers, you can still say that the GJ votes gave Obama the win?

Here are some black and white numbers for you. Why don't you get back to us how the GJ voters gave the election to Obama?

I'll be waiting.

PA, Obama won by 283,694 votes. GJ had 48,637.
OH, Obama won by 100,763 votes, GJ had 48,672
VA, Obama won by 106,726 votes, GJ had 30,003
CO, Obama won by 86,138 votes, GJ had 30,245
FL, Obama is winning by 46,039 votes, GJ has 43,479
Disintegr8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:15   #319
hamster
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
No, we understand that Libertarians are actually Obama supporters; they certainly aren't conservatives.
You've been promoting a guy who personally created, passed and implemented Obamacare before Obama.

You've been promoting a guy who personally signed an assault weapons ban into law when he could have vetoed it.

I'm not sure what you mean by the word conservative anymore, but it certainly isn't "Fiscal" or "Small Government" conservatism. I guess that just leaves the religious issues. Hows that workin' out for ya?
hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:28   #320
uptomyneck

Quote:

And to think this guy enforces laws. Nice try 20 watt.
uptomyneck is offline   Reply With Quote