GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 14:53   #51
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
Until third parties can get people elected and in positions of power in local, state and national races what's the point? It's just a "feel good, I can sleep at night", vote.
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:53   #52
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!
 
Glock20 10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Land of Idiots and Libtards
Posts: 14,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
If either Goering or Hitler was going to win the election, no matter what, I'd figure out which was the least harmful and vote for him (probably Hitler).

Acting like a spoiled child isn't going to change the fact that one of them is going to win.

Some people recognize facts, accept responsibility and take action. Most just try to duck the responsibility. It is a cowardly way out and voting third party is just one of many examples that.
Sooo, standing for ones principles and refusing to be bullied, coddled or cajoled into violating ones principles and values... that's being a spoiled child?

Last I checked that was being a person of honor and courage. It takes both to go against the status quo.
__________________
Using Microsoft is like playing Russian roulette with an automatic pistol... the results are always messy
"The Constitution is my Law. The Declaration of Independence my bible. And Freedom my religion." - Me
Thick skin... a must in a free society.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:54   #53
686Owner
NRA Life Member
 
686Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
If either Goering or Hitler was going to win the election, no matter what, I'd figure out which was the least harmful and vote for him (probably Hitler).

Acting like a spoiled child isn't going to change the fact that one of them is going to win.

Some people recognize facts, accept responsibility and take action. Most just try to duck the responsibility. It is a cowardly way out and voting third party is just one of many examples that.
But the only reason they are going to win the election is because you refuse to vote for someone that can't win. They can't win because you refuse to vote for them.

At the end of the day, you still voted for Hitler and are trying to convince others that it was the right decision.
__________________
My Gun Photos
686Owner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:56   #54
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!
 
Glock20 10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Land of Idiots and Libtards
Posts: 14,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by sappy13 View Post
And how has it worked out for you? You have the same president and elected officials in Washington as the rest of us. The only thing you get is that you get that warm fuzzy feeling on the inside that you voted for the guy that is probably just as but, but just couldnt make the lesser of two evils list because they wont run under a big party.

"

Sounds to me like you are just as much as if not more of a party voter than everyone else. Sounds to me like your pretty close minded to anyone BUT third party.
Quite frankly I am pretty pissed that there are so many stubborn idiots in this country that continue to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Albert Einstein one of our nations brightest minds called that the definition of insanity.
__________________
Using Microsoft is like playing Russian roulette with an automatic pistol... the results are always messy
"The Constitution is my Law. The Declaration of Independence my bible. And Freedom my religion." - Me
Thick skin... a must in a free society.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:57   #55
686Owner
NRA Life Member
 
686Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
Until third parties can get people elected and in positions of power in local, state and national races what's the point? It's just a "feel good, I can sleep at night", vote.
What's the point of voting at all? How many presidential elections have come down to a single vote? You are wasting your time by driving to the polls, your vote will not matter at the end of the day. The election would have went the same way without your vote. Just because you voted for one of the 2 major political parties didn't make your candidate win or lose any more than my voting for a third party.
__________________
My Gun Photos
686Owner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:57   #56
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,810


Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
Until third parties can get people elected and in positions of power in local, state and national races what's the point? It's just a "feel good, I can sleep at night", vote.
You can wait until others do the work for you, or you can get in early and be part of the solution.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:59   #57
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
Sooo, standing for ones principles and refusing to be bullied, coddled or cajoled into violating ones principles and values... that's being a spoiled child?

Last I checked that was being a person of honor and courage. It takes both to go against the status quo.
Well said.
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:00   #58
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,810


Quote:
Originally Posted by boone10 View Post
Why are 3rd party folks so eat up with "uniting" the country. I have zero desire to unite with Obama phone zombies or college professor libtards--I want to crush them in order to save this nation for my children.
Guess what? The libtards are feeling the same way as you do, and doing the same thing as you do. Does the country look like it's been getting better in the last twenty-something years?
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:02   #59
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,426


When nearly half the people disagree with nearly another half, but all of them agree that you are wrong, shouldn't it make you wonder why you remain alone?
__________________
"You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize"
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:04   #60
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,810


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
When nearly half the people disagree with nearly another half, but all of them agree that you are wrong, shouldn't it make you wonder why you remain alone?
Since when two wrongs make a right?
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:12   #61
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 686Owner View Post
What's the point of voting at all? How many presidential elections have come down to a single vote? You are wasting your time by driving to the polls, your vote will not matter at the end of the day. The election would have went the same way without your vote. Just because you voted for one of the 2 major political parties didn't make your candidate win or lose any more than my voting for a third party.
What are you talking about?

There have been a number of elections, not just presidential, that have been decided by a handful of votes.

The candidate I'm voting for at least has a chance of being elected, third parties do not.

Argue with me all you want, but election results don't lie.
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:18   #62
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
You can wait until others do the work for you, or you can get in early and be part of the solution.
What solution does a third party have if it can't get people elected?

Election results don't lie - third parties don't win elections.
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:18   #63
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,426


Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Since when two wrongs make a right?
Obviously, repeatedly, and decisively, the third party scams have been proven wrong, impotent, and totally irrelevent.

There is absolutely no possibility that any third party will win the White House, the House, or the Senate.
This is metaphysically guaranteed to be 100% true, and no intellectually honest informed person can deny it.

Therefore, either you agree to totally give up trying to gain political power with a 3rd party scam and continue to cut off your nose to spite your face, whining that you are too short to play competitive basketball, or you will eventually get a clue and fight inside the arena where the actual struggle takes place between no more than two political parties.

I'm betting the whiners will just continue to cry about the system and remain pathetic losers forever.
And that's OK, because it's amusing to repeatedly kick a Slinkey down the stairs.
__________________
"You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize"
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:19   #64
smokin762
Senior Member
 
smokin762's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,243
I want to vote Libertarian in the Presidential Election. However, I have decided not to. I’ll just vote for the Liberal Republican. On the State level, I am going to vote for the Libertarian Candidates.

The Two Party System sucks and over the years, they have gotten worse. Neither Party represents my best of interests any longer. Picking the lesser of the two evils is getting old. Real old!
__________________
NRA Life Member
CCW License Holder
My goal is to survive. Whatever the problem might be.
smokin762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:23   #65
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,426


Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Does the country look like it's been getting better in the last twenty-something years?
Yes, very much better, because no third party candidate has earned even one single electoral vote in that time.

Go back 40 years, learn that Hospers got one unearned stolen electoral vote which sealed the fate of third parties forever.

Never again will they be offered a seat at the table with the adults.
__________________
"You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize"
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:48   #66
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Yes, very much better, because no third party candidate has earned even one single electoral vote in that time.

Go back 40 years, learn that Hospers got one unearned stolen electoral vote which sealed the fate of third parties forever.

Never again will they be offered a seat at the table with the adults.
I do think we need a third party. We simply don't have one that represents the bulk of the country.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:49   #67
mhambi
Hegemon
 
mhambi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Phlegethon
Posts: 22,260
Ok, to sum up...

voting for the lesser of 3 evils = Good

voting for the lesser of 2 evils (who acutally has a chance) = Bad.

Or are we to believe this '3rd party candidate' is the mythical perfect political creature, without blemish?
__________________
Where nameless men by nameless rivers wander, and in strange valleys die strange deaths alone.
mhambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:50   #68
hogfish
Señor Member
 
hogfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: fl
Posts: 4,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
The rightwingers accuse us of throwing our votes away and let Obama win because we're not astute enough to understand how American politics work, and that we're naive.

The leftwingers accuse us of throwing our votes away and let Romney win because we're not astute enough to understand how American politics work, and that we're naive.

Yet neither the rightwingers nor the leftwingers agree that they're two faces of the same coin.

Oh, the humanity and the irony!!!
You just don't get it.

G29Reload won't vote Libertarian because paul45 won't because boone10 won't because G36's Rule won't because, etc., etc., etc.

Can one be described as an etcetera? If so...What a bunch of etceteras!

__________________
Opinions are like noses...everybody's got one.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:58   #69
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,810


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Yes, very much better, because no third party candidate has earned even one single electoral vote in that time.
You have a funny way of seeing how things are "better". Let's see: economy in the toilet, war without end, political partisanship division between Americans, government running amok.

Quote:
Never again will they be offered a seat at the table with the adults.
Maybe it's better that way since that dinner with the adults mean partaking in the destruction of America.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 16:00   #70
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,810


Quote:
Originally Posted by mhambi View Post
Ok, to sum up...

voting for the lesser of 3 evils = Good

voting for the lesser of 2 evils (who acutally has a chance) = Bad.
Where's the three evils? Gary Johnson is the perfect candidate for POTUS. The man was a successful governor twice elected AND a true patriotic American who believes in freedom.

Quote:
Or are we to believe this '3rd party candidate' is the mythical perfect political creature, without blemish?
It may not be perfect but it sure as heck has to be better than what the Dems and Pubs have been shoving down America's throat.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 16:08   #71
686Owner
NRA Life Member
 
686Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
What are you talking about?

There have been a number of elections, not just presidential, that have been decided by a handful of votes.

The candidate I'm voting for at least has a chance of being elected, third parties do not.

Argue with me all you want, but election results don't lie.
You cast a handful of votes or do you cast one vote?
__________________
My Gun Photos
686Owner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 16:12   #72
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 686Owner View Post
You cast a handful of votes or do you cast one vote?
What do you think?
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 16:13   #73
RonS
Senior Member
 
RonS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Oh, USA
Posts: 10,190
I don't think I have seen a bigger pile of that since my grandfather got rid of the last lot of feedlot cattle and I helped clean out the barn with the tractor after the sale.
__________________
Decent law abiding people must fear criminals and the law while criminals have nothing to fear.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 16:14   #74
686Owner
NRA Life Member
 
686Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
What do you think?
So, you agree then, your vote has never counted.

edit: election results don't lie!
__________________
My Gun Photos

Last edited by 686Owner; 11-05-2012 at 16:18..
686Owner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 16:19   #75
Al Czervik
My arm!
 
Al Czervik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bushwood
Posts: 1,687
http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_16084945


Reposting this.....it is worth your time to read.

The majority party is the locus of power. Therefore, party trumps person, and third party votes are a vote for the libs.
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:15.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,424
403 Members
1,021 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42