Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-05-2012, 15:15   #41
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I refused to play your game because your point was stupid.

I don't have to choose between any two specific parties.
That you do not HAVE to choose is exactly the point. It is a hypothetical example used to demonstrate which of the 2 major-party candidates you are helping, by voting thrid party.

What was stupid was not being able to figure that out.
Old 11-05-2012, 15:17   #42
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
If either Goering or Hitler was going to win the election, no matter what, I'd figure out which was the least harmful and vote for him (probably Hitler).
Yep. Instead of fighting the good fight, you'd rather settle for the winning side.

Quote:
Acting like a spoiled child isn't going to change the fact that one of them is going to win.

Some people recognize facts, accept responsibility and take action. Most just try to duck the responsibility. It is a cowardly way out and voting third party is just one of many examples that.
Reason it any which way you want, you ain't doing America any favor by partisanship. Lemmings may follow a leader but they still run off the cliff and die en masse. America is bleeding from a thousand cuts but hey, let's be responsible and take action and vote for the lesser of two evils. Again. And again. And again.
Old 11-05-2012, 15:17   #43
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
And how does voting for the lesser of two evils have been working out for you and the rest of America?
Don't expect an honest answer to that question...

Last edited by tantrix; 11-05-2012 at 15:17..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:20   #44
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Political Issues
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:22   #45
czsmithGT

Quote:
And how does voting for the lesser of two evils have been working out for you and the rest of America?
Throw away your vote tomorrow if you so desire- that is your right. But anyone who can't see Romney in the White House instead of Obama would be a plus when the Supreme Court justices start retiring is a moron.

Anyone who dislikes the Dems and Repubs needs to do something to actually get a viable third party some traction with US voters- how has that been working out for you and the rest of America?
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:32   #46
sappy13

Quote:
And how has it worked out for you? You have the same president and elected officials in Washington as the rest of us. The only thing you get is that you get that warm fuzzy feeling on the inside that you voted for the guy that is probably just as but, but just couldnt make the lesser of two evils list because they wont run under a big party.

Quote:
Large girls need love too. And I'd throw my vote away before voting for a Democrat or a Republican.
"

Sounds to me like you are just as much as if not more of a party voter than everyone else. Sounds to me like your pretty close minded to anyone BUT third party.
sappy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:46   #47
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Third-party voters remind me of the plain, sturdy women who you inevitably hear laughing too loudly at night clubs. They just want some attention. Eric
And yet those plain sturdy women are loyal as hell to a man that treats them right.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:47   #48
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
So, you support beer goggles and throwaway votes? To each his own. Eric
More like loyalty and freedom...
Old 11-05-2012, 15:47   #49
boone10
Glockeologist

Why are 3rd party folks so eat up with "uniting" the country. I have zero desire to unite with Obama phone zombies or college professor libtards--I want to crush them in order to save this nation for my children.
boone10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:49   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
I don't see it as a wasted vote as I'm hoping the Libertarian candidate can garner the 5% needed to open the door for huge increases in campaign funding in 2016. Y'all know about this?

http://www.postlibertarian.com/2012/...ent-threshold/
In 1992 a third party of 18-19% of the popular vote. Then what happened? Nothing.

The same party then got 8% in 1996. Then what happened? Nothing.

The irony is the leader of the above third party endorses a Republican in 2012.

What's going to happen if a third party get 5% this time? Probably nothing.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:53   #51

Until third parties can get people elected and in positions of power in local, state and national races what's the point? It's just a "feel good, I can sleep at night", vote.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:53   #52
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
If either Goering or Hitler was going to win the election, no matter what, I'd figure out which was the least harmful and vote for him (probably Hitler).

Acting like a spoiled child isn't going to change the fact that one of them is going to win.

Some people recognize facts, accept responsibility and take action. Most just try to duck the responsibility. It is a cowardly way out and voting third party is just one of many examples that.
Sooo, standing for ones principles and refusing to be bullied, coddled or cajoled into violating ones principles and values... that's being a spoiled child?

Last I checked that was being a person of honor and courage. It takes both to go against the status quo.
Old 11-05-2012, 15:54   #53
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:

But the only reason they are going to win the election is because you refuse to vote for someone that can't win. They can't win because you refuse to vote for them.

At the end of the day, you still voted for Hitler and are trying to convince others that it was the right decision.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
686Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:56   #54
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sappy13 View Post
And how has it worked out for you? You have the same president and elected officials in Washington as the rest of us. The only thing you get is that you get that warm fuzzy feeling on the inside that you voted for the guy that is probably just as but, but just couldnt make the lesser of two evils list because they wont run under a big party.

"

Sounds to me like you are just as much as if not more of a party voter than everyone else. Sounds to me like your pretty close minded to anyone BUT third party.
Quite frankly I am pretty pissed that there are so many stubborn idiots in this country that continue to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Albert Einstein one of our nations brightest minds called that the definition of insanity.
Old 11-05-2012, 15:57   #55
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
Until third parties can get people elected and in positions of power in local, state and national races what's the point? It's just a "feel good, I can sleep at night", vote.
What's the point of voting at all? How many presidential elections have come down to a single vote? You are wasting your time by driving to the polls, your vote will not matter at the end of the day. The election would have went the same way without your vote. Just because you voted for one of the 2 major political parties didn't make your candidate win or lose any more than my voting for a third party.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
686Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:57   #56
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
You can wait until others do the work for you, or you can get in early and be part of the solution.
Old 11-05-2012, 15:59   #57
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
Sooo, standing for ones principles and refusing to be bullied, coddled or cajoled into violating ones principles and values... that's being a spoiled child?

Last I checked that was being a person of honor and courage. It takes both to go against the status quo.
Well said.
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 16:00   #58
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by boone10 View Post
Why are 3rd party folks so eat up with "uniting" the country. I have zero desire to unite with Obama phone zombies or college professor libtards--I want to crush them in order to save this nation for my children.
Guess what? The libtards are feeling the same way as you do, and doing the same thing as you do. Does the country look like it's been getting better in the last twenty-something years?
Old 11-05-2012, 16:02   #59
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

When nearly half the people disagree with nearly another half, but all of them agree that you are wrong, shouldn't it make you wonder why you remain alone?
"He said he fired a burst at the chest and if they didn't fall fast enough, he fired a burst at the face. He never needed to reload and had enough on board so if he missed a shot or two he could catch up in the fight. " -Gabe Suarez, 2008
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 16:04   #60
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
When nearly half the people disagree with nearly another half, but all of them agree that you are wrong, shouldn't it make you wonder why you remain alone?
Since when two wrongs make a right?