Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-05-2012, 17:13   #101
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9jeeps View Post
Believe it or not. Our country is a major two party system. Where does this leave the third party voter?

The third party voter is in the out house twice.

Once when brains were passed out.

And the next time when the two party system shoved the Outhouse over dumping the contents into the pit.

IF your ego is that big perhaps you Third party voters could stay home and hide in the out house for all the good you are doing.

Are you sending a message????
Your message is clearly outlined above.
Clear thinkers..... PLEASE VOTE NOV 6
Clear thinkers? Oh! You mean following what the media tells you to follow, voting for who the media tells you to vote for, disregarding mountains of evidence in ACTION that contradict what you have been told... those clear thinkers?

Sorry but some of us refuse to buy the tripe being sold. We refuse to rinse repeat the same failed strategies and policies. The question is, who really are clear thinkers? I would say those that question the choices presented and challenge them with historical facts. I would say the majority of third party supporters are thinking more clearly as they are not allowing corporate media to dictate their choices and actions.

Funny when you have no decisive argument and when you know you are defending a failed presumption, attack, deride and belittle those that disagree. Same tactics used by liberals and the same tactics used to drag this nation into an illegal war.

Last edited by Glock20 10mm; 11-05-2012 at 17:14..
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 17:16   #102
rustygun

OK so let me throw my own opinion in here on this one. I'd prefer to have my freedoms with less goverment intrusion, fewer laws and less taxes. I pay my own way, earn what i get and expect nothing else. I don't want a handout and would refuse one if given a chance at one. Just on principle alone a conservative life seems to suit me.

Now that being said the republican ticket is not really conservative for a few reasons. Romney might sound conservative and he gets my vote because of that. But the problem is not the current ticket its the people in power in the beltway in washington. The same aids and special interests and congressmen being there for 20 years is the real tragedy of this nation. If real change happens then they are out of a job. So they do nothing on purpose to keep getting paid and have their hands on the purse strings of this country. Begging for cash for the people who voted them in keeps them happy enough back home and keeps them in washinton.

The same could be said of the democratic party. Playing to minorities fears about race and cashflow while being the folks who keep that minority from moving up financially and socially to get away from a crappy lifestyle. How long have poor neighborhoods been sending the same kind of politician to congress and state goverment while getting nothing out of it but rhetoric and no returns of real benefit.

Out of those two options i think the tea party and constitutional conservatives changing the republican establishment is the easiest path to getting what most of us want out of this country. The tea party has the best line on effective governance we just have to get the old sandbagging establishment types out and put in a limit of terms into congress. That same limit of terms should also apply to aids and special interests that can contribute to campaigns. The super pac crap that is currently legal needs to go away as well.
rustygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 17:30   #103
Eric
Big Giant Head

Political Issues
Attached Thumbnails
Political Issues - Click for larger version  
- Roger Hodgson
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 17:43   #104
airmotive
Tin Kicker

Dear Republican Party members.
Please stop nominating *********s for presidential candidates, and your guy will attract more of the people who cast their vote based on issues rather than the little 'R' or 'D' next to a candidate's name on the ballot.

Yours truly,
Airmotive

(whatd'ya know. ********* gets filtered. It's just an antiquated feminine hygene product.)

Last edited by airmotive; 11-05-2012 at 17:44..
airmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 18:33   #105
Gareth68

Send a message via Yahoo to Gareth68

Forget it, apparently all the Repubs on here are much more in tune in what the conscientious decision that a patriotic voter should have than those idiot commies of yesteryear...

Quote:
"In selecting men for office, let principle be your guide. Regard not the particular sect or denomination of the candidate--look to his character. "
Noah Webster, Letters to a Young Gentleman Commencing His Education to Which is Subjoined a Brief History of the United States (New Haven: S. Converse, 1823), p. 18.

Quote:
"Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual--or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country. "
Samuel Adams, The Writings of Samuel Adams, Harry Alonzo Cushing, editor (New York: G.P. Putnam's Sons, 1907), Vol. IV, p. 256.

Quote:
"Look well to the characters and qualifications of those you elect and raise to office and places of trust. "
Matthias Burnett, Pastor of the First Baptist Church in Norwalk, An Election Sermon, Preached at Hartford, on the Day of the Anniversary Election, May 12, 1803 (Hartford: Printed by Hudson & Goodwin, 1803), p. 27.

Quote:
"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption."
James Garfield, "A Century of Congress" published in Atlantic, July 1877.

Quote:
“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”
— John Quincy Adams, (1767-1848) 6th President of the United States

Idiots, the lot of them.
Old 11-05-2012, 18:33   #106
Henry's Dad
woof, woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Why? My job just vanishes overnight? My bank account mysteriously drained?
No, but my point is that this election (as are most US federal elections) is a binary choice.

One party will give you more, rather than less, of what you wnat.

One party will give you less, rather than more, of what you want.

Like it or not, the two-party system is the most practical and efficient. Consider this:

Imagine if your third-party actually got ~1/3 of the vote and ~1/3 of the electoral college. Now you have ~2/3 of the electorate unhappy with who the "winner" is, as opposed to 1/2 being unhappy under the two-party system.

Further problem: under out Constitution, the winner must get an absolute majority of the electoral college votes (270+), or else the election goes to the US House of Representatives. Then you get Congress chooseing between the three party candidates. until one gets an absolute majority.
Henry's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 18:59   #107
VA27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHADENFREUDE View Post
..."Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."

John Quincy Adams.
Easy for him to say, he's dead. But at least his generation FOUGHT AND SHED THEIR BLOOD for his right to believe that. We will have to live for years, maybe even decades, with the results of this vote. You can root for whichever 3rd party candidate you want...give him your time, your money, and your first-born for all I care! But tomorrow, when it's just you and the ballot behind that curtain, for once in your selfish lives, think about the future generations who may have to shed their blood to do it all over again if you get it wrong.

The NRA is my union.
VA27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 19:09   #108
PAGunner

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. We have a 2 party system here in America, voting 3rd party is pretty dumb. Like Milton Friedman once said, "philosophically I'm Libertarian, but for political expedience I'm Republican. If you believe in personal and economic freedom, vote republican, if you believe in statist ideas, nanny state huge beast of a federal guberment vote democrat.

You can make your biggest statement in the primary, NOT the general election, but go ahead and keep thinking you're the smartest guy in the room, the Dunning-Kruger Effect is bliss I guess.
Old 11-05-2012, 19:40   #109
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1451414

Urgent message from Libertarian leader Wayne Allen Root
Old 11-05-2012, 20:18   #110
dan1488

my family had a tough choice between the two candidates running for President Gary Johnson(L) and Virgil Goode (C).
dan1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 20:26   #111
czsmithGT

[QUOTE=dan1488;19595597and Virgil Goode (C).[/QUOTE]

"He became famous for his support of the tobacco industry, expressing his fear that "his elderly mother would be denied 'the one last pleasure' of smoking a cigarette on her hospital deathbed."

For a smart guy he seems to be kind of a moron. If I hadn't quit 20 years ago I'd be dead by now. Allowing people to kill themselves with tobacco if they so choose is one thing. Supporting the purveyors of death is something else.
czsmithGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 20:53   #112
RayB
Retired Member

I find I have little to say to someone that sits out a pivotal election such as this, by voting third party... The lens of history will view their non-participation in this event as irrelevant at best, and as an epic fail at worst...

I know several Liberals that are not so much voting Mitt Romney in, as they're voting Barack Obama out! They're smart enough tacticians to understand that a Barack Obama reinstated for another four years, with no prospect of reelection, is simply too dangerous to risk!

Then again, some people just want to watch the world burn...

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 21:34   #113
boone10
Glockeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1488 View Post
my family had a tough choice between the two candidates running for President Gary Johnson(L) and Virgil Goode (C).
Your family entertained voting for who I assume to be the Communist Party candidate? You might should spend a lite time studying up on world history, Comrade. This is a gun-related forum for God's sake!

Let me guess, is your favorite book The Rainbow Fish (share and share alike)? Maybe Orwell's Animal Farm or just the official handbook of folks that can't make it on their own--Karl Marx wonderful manifesto of matching clothing, dirty hair, growling bellies and living in squaller.

Just Damn.

Last edited by boone10; 11-05-2012 at 21:35..
boone10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 21:54   #114
dan1488

Quote:
Originally Posted by boone10 View Post
Your family entertained voting for who I assume to be the Communist Party candidate? You might should spend a lite time studying up on world history, Comrade. This is a gun-related forum for God's sake!

Let me guess, is your favorite book The Rainbow Fish (share and share alike)? Maybe Orwell's Animal Farm or just the official handbook of folks that can't make it on their own--Karl Marx wonderful manifesto of matching clothing, dirty hair, growling bellies and living in squaller.

Just Damn.
Wow, sorry to disappoint you but the (C) stands for the Constitution Party here see for yourself. http://www.constitutionparty.com/

Last edited by dan1488; 11-05-2012 at 21:55..
dan1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 22:27   #115
snewsoG22
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you voted for tea party candidates in the 2010 midterm, you should be voting for Gary Johnson in this election. Look how many tea partiers won seats and how many votes they got. Probably enough to win this election.
Old 11-05-2012, 22:30   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by snewsoG22 View Post
If you voted for tea party candidates in the 2010 midterm, you should be voting for Gary Johnson in this election. Look how many tea partiers won seats and how many votes they got. Probably enough to win this election.
Yes, the Tea Partiers won elections running as Republicans, not third party Libertarians.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.

Last edited by 427; 11-05-2012 at 22:31..
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 23:18   #117
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Third party idiots are not changing anything. They are just louder and annoying and arrogant in thinking they know better than everyone else. Politics was meant to be hard and messy. This getting something done crap usually means more taxes and regulations on the public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 23:33   #118
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
The rightwingers accuse us of throwing our votes away and let Obama win because we're not astute enough to understand how American politics work, and that we're naive.

The leftwingers accuse us of throwing our votes away and let Romney win because we're not astute enough to understand how American politics work, and that we're naive.

Yet neither the rightwingers nor the leftwingers agree that they're two faces of the same coin.

Oh, the humanity and the irony!!!
You know what.....eff em.
Especially from the Republicans. THEY elected a complete moron and as usual want to shift blame. Take responsibility for your own actions! You elected a candidate that was incompetent. A candidate that place about NO WHERE in the run for the 08 election.
The writing was on the wall.

Im voting third party and thats all there is to it.

Romney is as much of a threat to the 2A as Obama is. That fool is also gonna get us into another war.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 23:45   #119
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Third party idiots are not changing anything. They are just louder and annoying and arrogant in thinking they know better than everyone else. Politics was meant to be hard and messy. This getting something done crap usually means more taxes and regulations on the public.
Oh and Republicans aren't annoying??
Obozo, Obummer, Messiah, Nobama, Hussein, terrorist, Democraps.....the list goes on and on. I don't think i've read a single post by democrats calling out names to the other side besides Mittens.
Seriously....grow up!

Realize that Romney is as much of a threat to the 2A and the constitution as Obama.

Voting is a right and we have the right to vote for whoever WE want. It also our RESPONSIBILITY to vote the most suitable person for the job into office. Those candidates are currently third party candidates. Is what it is.
The ones voting for Obama and Romney are the ones throwing their votes away!
I firmly believe most people voting tomorrow are voting based on what they saw on T.V. Not by what they've looked up. Sheeple!
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 11-05-2012, 23:50   #120
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
Oh and Republicans aren't annoying??
Obozo, Obummer, Messiah, Nobama, Hussein, terrorist, Democraps.....the list goes on and on. I don't think i've read a single post by democrats calling out names to the other side besides Mittens.
Seriously....grow up!

Realize that Romney is as much of a threat to the 2A and the constitution as Obama.

Voting is a right and we have the right to vote for whoever WE want. It also our RESPONSIBILITY to vote the most suitable person for the job into office. Those candidates are currently third party candidates. Is what it is.
The ones voting for Obama and Romney are the ones throwing their votes away!
I firmly believe most people voting tomorrow are voting based on what they saw on T.V. Not by what they've looked up. Sheeple!
Means a lot coming from an Obama Troll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 23:58   #121
aspartz

If our votes are so critical to defeat Obama, why didn't the GOP select a candidate that a small party fiscal conservative would want to vote for?

ARS
Old 11-06-2012, 00:03   #122
aspartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
Yes, the Tea Partiers won elections running as Republicans, not third party Libertarians.
...and then had the good name of the movement usurped by Bachmann and Perry. There is currently no room in the tent for the actual tea party.

ARS
Old 11-06-2012, 00:13   #123
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Means a lot coming from an Obama Troll.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 11-06-2012, 00:14   #124
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspartz View Post
If our votes are so critical to defeat Obama, why didn't the GOP select a candidate that a small party fiscal conservative would want to vote for?

ARS
Exactly. THEY failed and now want to shift blame and responsibility as usual.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 11-06-2012, 00:15   #125
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9jeeps View Post
Believe it or not. Our country is a major two party system. Where does this leave the third party voter?

The third party voter is in the out house twice.

Once when brains were passed out.

And the next time when the two party system shoved the Outhouse over dumping the contents into the pit.

IF your ego is that big perhaps you Third party voters could stay home and hide in the out house for all the good you are doing.
Gosh, you don't say?
Political Issues
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote