Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:23   #181
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
Quite smoking dope and you might remember things like that.

But, you know what they are, right?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:37   #182
nursetim

It's quite simple, erratic driving/MVA = drug recognition expert + field sobriety test= PC for.. Crap, what's the term for obtaining evidence from the body called? Anyway, search warrant for blood sample. Positive for any impairing substance = jail time upon conviction.

Non- testimonial court order, that's it. No I haven't been rocking the ganj, just out of the swing of things.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:37   #183
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
But, you know what they are, right?
I'm not even going to try. Even if the audience was open minded & willing to partake in a spirit of openness/cooperation, they are so uninformed on the topic of DUI law/enforcement it would be near impossible to have reasoned discourse.
Add to that they know so much that simply isn't true...

A drawing point to leave on. My state (MN) treats marijuana DUI differently than any other controlled substance DUI. It's a much tougher burden to get a mj DUI than an alcohol DUI or opiate/loratab/script/coke DUI. If you're interested Google MN State Statutes & start with chapter 169A

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:55   #184
Glocksanity

Quote:
Well, then you finally see my point.

So, now that we are back to where we started, how do you keep people from driving while impaired after marijuana use?
You can't. Just like you can't keep drunks from driving. Just like you can't keep felons from obtaining fire arms.

Laws don't prevent behavior, they just punish those caught and you hope they act as a deterrent.

Heck, prescription pain killers are a bigger problem now with driving than drunks. How do you stop that? You don't. You deal with it. It's called life on planet earth and idiots will always be idiots.

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:56   #185
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocksanity View Post
You can't. Just like you can't keep drunks from driving. Just like you can't keep felons from obtaining fire arms.

Laws don't prevent behavior, they just punish those caught and you hope they act as a deterrent.

Heck, prescription pain killers are a bigger problem now with driving than drunks. How do you stop that? You don't. You deal with it. It's called life on planet earth and idiots will always be idiots.
Okay, what are the legal standards for DWI or DUI for marijuana?
Old 11-08-2012, 13:41   #186
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post
The data is clear: MJ users have a significantly higher incident of vegicle accidents, workplace accidents, and workplace injuries.
Really?

I'd like to see this data you claim to have.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 13:45   #187
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
YNS. The way LEOs on Glocktalk present arguments really seems to shine a light on how effing stupid they think people are.

They think that for one reason - experience.

Like the GNG Lounge, the world of law enforcement is a constant exercise in dealing with and assisting stupid people.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 13:49   #188
RyanBDawg

"A provider of free online auto insurance quotes says it has conducted a study that concludes marijuana uses are safer drivers."

http://m.propertycasualty360.com/201...-safer-drivers

http://youtu.be/-IurjNZJLCs

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 14:07   #189
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

For any impairment while operating a motor vehicle, you have to show a mix of SFSTs, poor driving, physical behaviors exhibited and finally, the scientific test (which is usually challenged by defense attorneys). Impairment via narcotics while driving will be handled as before: DRE and blood tests.

However, what has been lacking in Washington state is how much THC constitutes impairment as defined by both scientists and the state. Now that the law is passed, it will be up to a gaggle of scientists, supporters, attorneys and the state to come to a standard deemed appropriate.

Considering how truly screwed up the Washington state legislature is when coming to making coherent laws, it will be awhile.

And, the law, for all it was touted to be, won't slow illegal marijuana production. The law for Washington will go through several evolutions and be tinkered with for some time to come. It is a start, not the end all and certainly a panacea.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594

Last edited by Morris; 11-08-2012 at 14:07..
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 15:16   #190
Lampshade

Quote:
I didn't say whether it should be legalized or not, I asked, how you would enforce DUI with marijuana. You said, someone will figure out something.
Actually I presented two options, the first of which is simply to continue enforcing drugged driving laws as they currently exist.

The second choice would be to do away with current per se laws and decide upon a more reasonable intoxication level as is the case with alcohol.

"Someone will figure something out" is a grossly oversimplified and completely intellectually dishonest representation of my position.

Shame on you.

Last edited by Lampshade; 11-08-2012 at 15:19..
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 15:18   #191
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
Actually I presented two options, the first of which is simply to continue enforcing drugged driving laws as they currently exist.

The second choice would be to do doing away with current per se laws and decide upon a more reasonable intoxication level as is the case with alcohol.

So no, I never said "someone will figure out something" and that is an intellectually dishonest representation of my position.
Whatever. Sorry, I've lost interest.
Old 11-08-2012, 15:19   #192
hamster
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
...the world of law enforcement is a constant exercise in dealing with and assisting stupid people.
...and then you graduate from the academy.

I kid, I kid

Last edited by hamster; 11-08-2012 at 15:24..
hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 15:20   #193
Lampshade

Quote:
Okay, what are the legal standards for DWI or DUI for marijuana?
Depends on the state, duh.
Old 11-08-2012, 15:21   #194
Lampshade

Quote:
Whatever. Sorry, I've lost interest.
So incredibly convenient.
Old 11-08-2012, 15:21   #195
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Reignman View Post
imho:

The "feds must be challenged" guys are well, the kind of people who just want to see the world burn.

The "Yay liberal argument".... well, you're an idiot.

Quality of life just took a huge dump.... Seriously, no racial profiling here just talking truth, I can't wait for "Tron" to be on the corner blazing up and acting a fool or Tatiayna to rear end someone with her 28" spinners because her 11 babies were crying in the back seat and she lost her grasp on reality for a moment due to some plant.

Third worlds are looking better and better by the minute...

Woosah.
*facepalm* the face of blind ignorance right here.

Colorado and Washington just took a major leap in guaranteeing ACTUAL personal freedom among Americans. Any real American would be proud.
Not to mention this whole pathetic doomsday mentality that there's going to be a pandemic of stoned driving accidents is ****ing retarded and very much deserving of the silent facepalm meme.

Anyone with any actual experience driving blazed knows that bud typically only makes you paranoid as hell while driving and thus a safer driver. I can't tell you how many times driving as a kid I was almost crushed in my 93 corolla by some dip **** who was SOBER but not paying attention/texting/just being a typical dip ****; Funny thing is I pretty much never drove as a kid unless I was blazed and yet I was able to avoid every single one of those accidents.

To this day I havnt stopped that 'threat to society' habit and to this day I've yet to be in a collision. This is personal experience, not blind bias.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited by BicycleDay43; 11-08-2012 at 15:27..
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 15:23   #196
Lampshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Reignman View Post
imho:

The "feds must be challenged" guys are well, the kind of people who just want to see the world burn.

The "Yay liberal argument".... well, you're an idiot.

Quality of life just took a huge dump.... Seriously, no racial profiling here just talking truth, I can't wait for "Tron" to be on the corner blazing up...
Its currently legal to drink, that doesn't mean you can drink in public anywhere you want.

Same with marijuana.

Someone is an idiot, that's for sure.

Last edited by Lampshade; 11-08-2012 at 15:24..
Old 11-08-2012, 15:26   #197
hamster
NRA Life Member

If we allow adults to own guns the streets will flow red with blood.
If we allow adults to consume narcotics like alcohol or marijuana the streets will be full of stoned and drunk drivers.
If we allow gays to marry, people will start marrying animals next.

All of these arguments follow the same stupid logic.
hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 15:51   #198
Nine Shooter
Average Guy

I foresee an surge of DUII drugs and related crashes. Since it is now legal in these places more people will smoke and drive, just like alcohol. Any judiciary savings from dropping PCS/DCS will be negated by these increased DUII arrests. I think its a poor idea.
Nine Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 16:05   #199
Lampshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Shooter View Post
I foresee an surge of DUII drugs and related crashes. Since it is now legal in these places more people will smoke and drive, just like alcohol. Any judiciary savings from dropping PCS/DCS will be negated by these increased DUII arrests. I think its a poor idea.
A study came out last year that demonstrated that areas which had relaxed their marijuana laws saw a decrease in traffic fatalities.

The hypothesis being that people were forgoing alcohol in favor of marijuana, leading to less serious accidents.

Last edited by Lampshade; 11-08-2012 at 16:15..
Old 11-08-2012, 16:06   #200
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Shooter View Post
Yeah, except like I already said, weed only makes you a more cautious driver with an augmented sense of awareness. You might be dumb when you're stoned, but when you're stoned and driving, your brain knows what it needs to do.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote