GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 16:09   #201
hamster
NRA Life Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,056
Blog Entries: 1
Political Issues

Hello? Is this the Amsterdam police department? Yes, how do you handle the problem of people driving under the influence of narcotics?

-----

Problem solved. Was that so hard?
hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 16:19   #202
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Political Issues

Hello? Is this the Amsterdam police department? Yes, how do you handle the problem of people driving under the influence of narcotics?

-----

Problem solved. Was that so hard?
That's a cool idea. We never thought of that. Just asking another jurisdiction what laws they passed and then just pretending that they got passed in our jurisdiction and enforcing them.

That saves a lot of time, (dealing with legislative bodies, and all can be so time consuming).
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.

Last edited by series1811; 11-08-2012 at 16:20..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 16:30   #203
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
That's a cool idea. We never thought of that. Just asking another jurisdiction what laws they passed and then just pretending that they got passed in our jurisdiction and enforcing them.
Are you honestly unaware that he is speaking figuratively or are you just pretending he was making a literal suggestion for purposes of intentionally misrepresenting his position?

I see that your "lost interest" was very selective, by the way.

Last edited by Lampshade; 11-08-2012 at 16:42..
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 16:41   #204
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
Are you honestly unaware that he is speaking figuratively or are you again choosing to purposefully misrepresent his position?

I see that your "lost interest" was very selective, by the way.
Only in your posts. Ask your parents what that means.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 16:44   #205
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Only in your posts. Ask your parents what that means.
So sad to see you run away when encountering that which you cannot refute and or do not wish to acknowledge.

Not exactly the mark of intellectual courage or integrity.

Last edited by Lampshade; 11-08-2012 at 16:44..
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 16:47   #206
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
So sad to see you run away when encountering that which you cannot refute and or do not wish to acknowledge.

Not exactly the mark of intellectual courage or integrity.
Yes, you are very brave, and possess immense internet courage and integrity. Tell your parents I said so.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.

Last edited by series1811; 11-08-2012 at 16:47..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 16:48   #207
1911austin
Senior Member
 
1911austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,138


Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Yeah, but how do you enforce it? THC stays in the bloodstream for as long as over three weeks because it is fat soluable. And, marijuana use proponents usually claim that blood tests shouldn't be used for DWI and marijuana for that reason (otherwise, marijuana users couldn't legally drive for three weeks after using and they don't like that).
Sir, your facts are simply incorrect. THC is metabolized in the human body within a few hours. These THC metabolites are stored in fat and can remain detectable for weeks. That is why blood test can indicate current intoxication and urine test can detect past usage.
__________________
"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."-- Samuel Adams

Last edited by 1911austin; 11-08-2012 at 16:49..
1911austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 16:52   #208
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911austin View Post
Sir, your facts are simply incorrect. THC is metabolized in the human body within a few hours. These THC metabolites are stored in fat and can remain detectable for weeks. That is why blood test can indicate current intoxication and urine test can detect past usage.
I know that is the argument that was put forth by marijuana proponents in California in response to California DUI laws by defense attorneys.

And, even if someone is pursuaded by that argument, it still leaves the original problem, right?
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 17:39   #209
holesinpaper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post

A drawing point to leave on. My state (MN) treats marijuana DUI differently than any other controlled substance DUI. It's a much tougher burden to get a mj DUI than an alcohol DUI or opiate/loratab/script/coke DUI. If you're interested Google MN State Statutes & start with chapter 169A

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2
So you want a stacked deck. Whine on.
holesinpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 17:40   #210
SiberianErik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,225
I just planted some new strains today, I had such success w/the Ak47/Bio diesel hybrid that I now have a totally new new strain that I have morphed from that...I need a new name though ....any ideas...I can submit it to High Times and give you credit
__________________
Ed Brown 1911 fan #1
HK45 fan #2
FN PS90SBR/FiveSeven fan#3
SiberianErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 18:18   #211
RyanBDawg
Senior Member
 
RyanBDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ooltewah Tennessee
Posts: 4,195
So we have two cops who already posted in the thread supporting MJ legalization, and a few random "neo-cons" who want the fed butting in when it serves their own misguided personal views...

Why haven't any of you who think MJ is evil and will lead to mass crime or whatever debated them?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 18:51   #212
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude
 
BicycleDay43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oak Grove, Kentucky
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianErik View Post
I just planted some new strains today, I had such success w/the Ak47/Bio diesel hybrid that I now have a totally new new strain that I have morphed from that...I need a new name though ....any ideas...I can submit it to High Times and give you credit
Call it Washington bud in celebration of our great step in the direction of personal freedom.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 18:56   #213
1911austin
Senior Member
 
1911austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,138


Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
I know that is the argument that was put forth by marijuana proponents in California in response to California DUI laws by defense attorneys.

And, even if someone is pursuaded by that argument, it still leaves the original problem, right?
What I said was 100% factually correct. What’s to argue?

I fully support increasing the penalties (at the state level) for folks caught driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. However, it should be up to the prosecution to prove that a citizen was under the influence at the time of the alleged violation.

My main concern is the 10th amendment. Could you show me anywhere in this country’s founding documents where this issue should be decided at the federal level? I personally think each state is fully capable of evaluating all of the issues, including the law enforcement aspects, and deciding upon and enforcing their own laws.
__________________
"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."-- Samuel Adams

Last edited by 1911austin; 11-08-2012 at 18:57..
1911austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 19:55   #214
SiberianErik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by USArmyFNG View Post
Call it Washington bud in celebration of our great step in the direction of personal freedom.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
not catchy enough....it has a very deep purple/blk look to the buds w/some pink threads running thru the first batch
__________________
Ed Brown 1911 fan #1
HK45 fan #2
FN PS90SBR/FiveSeven fan#3
SiberianErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 20:11   #215
bamacisa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Birmingham; Alabama
Posts: 546
Colorado also legalized it. I guess that gives a new meaning to "Rocky Mountain High"
bamacisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 20:17   #216
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911austin View Post
What I said was 100% factually correct. What’s to argue?
There isn't anything to argue.

See the entire cyclical conversation I had with him earlier.

We can simply continue to enforce the laws as currently written, or work to improve them.

Series seems unable to wrap his mind around these two options and insists that there continues to be some kind of "problem," though good luck trying to find out what exactly that problem is.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 20:56   #217
1911austin
Senior Member
 
1911austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,138


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
There isn't anything to argue.

See the entire cyclical conversation I had with him earlier.

We can simply continue to enforce the laws as currently written, or work to improve them.

Series seems unable to wrap his mind around these two options and insists that there continues to be some kind of "problem," though good luck trying to find out what exactly that problem is.
We have way too many folks that think the way he does in this country. Basic logic seems impossible with them. When they cannot defend their positions they come up with a straw man argument.
__________________
"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."-- Samuel Adams
1911austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 21:33   #218
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: North of Seattle, South of Canada
Posts: 11,430


Quote:
Colorado and Washington just took a major leap in guaranteeing ACTUAL personal freedom among Americans.
That is regrettable mythology. While the law legalized possession of an ounce or less (decriminalizing small amount possession, previously a misdemeanor for possession of under 40 grams), it also added significant regulations to this "freedom" including greater enforcement, greater regulation and taxation.

Again, it is hardly the panacea folks wish it were.
__________________
Neo-pagan, FORMER Libertarian, Cop, Gun Owner, Jewish Heritage - I'm the small talk at parties!

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 22:43   #219
DrMaxit
Dirtbag Airman
 
DrMaxit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Oahu HI
Posts: 5,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post

One example 72 hour after smoking a joint drivers are FAR more likely to rear end another vehicle.

This is not the case for alcohol.
So then pot heads drivers have more accidents than drunk drivers? Wrong.
__________________
:usaf: SrA Chuck
DrMaxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 23:22   #220
Dubble-Tapper
Senior Member
 
Dubble-Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the columbia river gorge
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianErik View Post
not catchy enough....it has a very deep purple/blk look to the buds w/some pink threads running thru the first batch
did you say AK47?


how about KalashnaCough

Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:20.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 686
159 Members
527 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42