Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 01:15   #41
jaws48
Senior Member
 
jaws48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,188
Humm....Dope. Yep, dope.
__________________
"Dogs bark and the caravan moves on."
jaws48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:15   #42
nursetim
Senior Member
 
nursetim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: liberalville N. M.
Posts: 7,938
I'm not arguing your point, I'm pointing out your faulty logic. BTW, HWSNBN will NOT legalize ganja. He is a politician and therefore a hypocrite.
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium. - I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.
Starting a forum for medical people, I'd like to call it doc talk. We need 50 folks to give it the :thumbsup: .
9 and counting.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:19   #43
Agent6-3/8
Senior Member
 
Agent6-3/8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The ramparts of civilization
Posts: 11,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamer View Post
Good. Marijuana should be legal. I could look through the 24 years of police reports I've written and not find a single instance where someone who was high on weed fought with a deputy or beat his wife. People need to get the rods out of their butts and loosen up when it comes to weed. If we'd stop dealing with it, little would change, except that we'd be able to focus on meth, which is a drug that actually causes serious harm.
Gotta agree with ya here bro. It's been my professional experience that the violence associated with MJ is due to its illegal nature, not the effects of the drug itself. Treat it like tobacco, IMO it's a fight we're never going to win.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"The mountains are calling and I must go." -John Muir
Agent6-3/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:39   #44
JLB768
Silver Membership
Old & Grumpy
 
JLB768's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,717
Dooood, you goin to work brooo?

Dooooood, I'm too stoned brooooo.

Dood, yer gonna get fired bro.

Dooooooood, Obama will give me food stamps broooo.

Doood, what about Dr visits for yer weeeeed bro?

Dooooood, Oooobamacare broooo.

Dooood, lets burn another one brooooo.

Doooooood, fire that puppy up, then we'll nap till like 5pm brooo.
__________________
Guns only have two enemies...Rust, and Democratic Politicians.
Black Rifle Club Member #768
JLB768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:03   #45
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 31,462
Anything that thumbs it's nose at the Feds is fine by me (ok, not anything, but still...).
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:14   #46
Slug71
Senior Member
 
Slug71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon - U.S.A
Posts: 4,425
Well eff'n done CO and WA!!
__________________
GSSF Member
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:29   #47
Big_Grumpy
Go Cheese!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 567
You no la-bottom-me, I no lobottom-you. People have a right to choose how they live their lives. It will most certainly reduce judicial expenditures.

It'll be great to see how this all plays out.
__________________
Please try again in 8 seconds...

Last edited by Big_Grumpy; 11-07-2012 at 02:34..
Big_Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:03   #48
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 9,094
It's still illegal on the Federal level as it should be.

What the states want to do or pretend to pass into law hold no weight on the Federal level when it comes to this topic.

Until they get it changed on the Federal level, they're breaking the law.

I can't wait for the DEA to clean house!

__________________
When you finish speaking, don't forget to wipe.

Last edited by NEOH212; 11-07-2012 at 03:04..
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:20   #49
Von Hayes
Senior Member
 
Von Hayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
It's still illegal on the Federal level as it should be.

What the states want to do or pretend to pass into law hold no weight on the Federal level when it comes to this topic.

Until they get it changed on the Federal level, they're breaking the law.

I can't wait for the DEA to clean house!

I want to date you. We could be like the odd couple.
Von Hayes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:22   #50
holesinpaper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
BTW, I asked all my Pt.s while I worked in a prison, what drug they started with. They all, to the man said MJ
Really? None tried coffee or a caffeinated soda pop first?

I find that REALLY hard to believe.
holesinpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:42   #51
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 22,047
obama will "fix" the federal law wont he?
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:47   #52
Annhl8rX
Senior Member
 
Annhl8rX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post

BTW, I asked all my Pt.s while I worked in a prison, what drug they started with. They all, to the man said MJ. I don't smoke, it gave me wicked headaches. But I really don't care what you put into yours. Just don't come whining when the check is due for partaking.
I believe you. However, just because everyone that used "hard" drugs started on marijuana does not mean that everybody that uses marijuana moves on to "hard" drugs.
__________________
"...you can't lose what you don't put in the middle... but you can't win much, either.
Annhl8rX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:07   #53
airmotive
Tin Kicker
 
airmotive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Debris Field
Posts: 7,356
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annhl8rX View Post
I believe you. However, just because everyone that used "hard" drugs started on marijuana does not mean that everybody that uses marijuana moves on to "hard" drugs.
If one wanted to do the homework, I would wager that nearly every mass-shooting in this country was carried out by someone who learned to shoot with a .22,
Would banning .22 caliber weapons have prevented these crimes? Clearly not. Making the same stretch regarding MJ and heroin is a similar thought process.
__________________
----------------------------------------------------
Combine ignorance, arrogance and low altitude, and the result is guaranteed to be spectacular.
airmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:49   #54
stevelyn
NRA Life Member
 
stevelyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fairbanksan in Aleutian Hell
Posts: 8,747
Now we'll see if the governors and legislatures will stand up to the feral goons who'll try and use the feral law trump card.
__________________
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:08   #55
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude
 
BicycleDay43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oak Grove, Kentucky
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Tobacco plant. Cannabis plant. Opium plant. Coca plant.

The whole "it's just a plant" thing is a naive argument. The fact that it is a PLANT does not make a difference, it is the effects you should be arguing.
The effects were always me and my friends would spend hours on end jamming and recording in a garage. I'm sorry you view beautiful things like creating music as some sort of threat to society.

That being said, I'm extatic about these new laws in both states not just because MJ opens the mind, but because it's a giant leap towards REAL freedom in the form of less Goverment and more individual responsibility.

Also, totally tempted to pack up our gear and roadtrip to Seattle just for the heck of it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited by BicycleDay43; 11-07-2012 at 06:18..
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:17   #56
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude
 
BicycleDay43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oak Grove, Kentucky
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
It's still illegal on the Federal level as it should be.

What the states want to do or pretend to pass into law hold no weight on the Federal level when it comes to this topic.

Until they get it changed on the Federal level, they're breaking the law.

I can't wait for the DEA to clean house!

And this right here is why there won't ever be peace on this planet. Too many people with closed minds towards anything that isn't familiar to them.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:34   #57
devildog2067
Senior Member
 
devildog2067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 16,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
What the states want to do or pretend to pass into law hold no weight on the Federal level when it comes to this topic.
I'm a bit surprised you want the Federal government to stomp all over what the states have decided the want on this issue...
devildog2067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:38   #58
hamster
NRA Life Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,066
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
I'm a bit surprised you want the Federal government to stomp all over what the states have decided the want on this issue...
Statists have no regard for the rights of individuals, cities or states. They want the federal government to enforce their will on everyone.

Of course when it comes to his pet issue he'll be screaming "states rights!"
hamster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:39   #59
hamster
NRA Life Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,066
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
It's still illegal on the Federal level as it should be.

What the states want to do or pretend to pass into law hold no weight on the Federal level when it comes to this topic.

Until they get it changed on the Federal level, they're breaking the law.

I can't wait for the DEA to clean house!

Jawohl!
hamster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:44   #60
TheExplorer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
It's pretty meaningless at this point. They still have federal laws in place. It will have to go through some court challenges as well


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
That is why I still don't get it. Unless the states are planning on getting together to use their power against the Feds?
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:05.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 953
257 Members
696 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31