Old 11-07-2012, 08:12   #62
ysr_racer

Political Issues
Old 11-07-2012, 08:15   #63
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplorer View Post
That is why I still don't get it. Unless the states are planning on getting together to use their power against the Feds?
The more states that follow suit and recognize revenues from it, the less power the Fed will have to fight it.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:22   #64
zackwatt
Lifetime Membership
That's a Bingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Every person that I know that's ever smoked weed ended up using Heroin and raping and killing puppies.

Wait, that's not true. They ended up not doing that stuff.

Remember: "Heavy is Good, Heavy is Reliable. Plus, If It Doesn't Work You Can Always Hit Them with It."
zackwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:29   #65
TheExplorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
The more states that follow suit and recognize revenues from it, the less power the Fed will have to fight it.
That's what I think as well. The revenue surplus will be immediate and obvious. Still, businesses drug test so the audience will remain the same. It will just funnel the money more directly to the states without the "court costs" middleman.
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:30   #66
tat2guy
Silver Membership
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
BTW, I asked all my Pt.s while I worked in a prison, what drug they started with. They all, to the man said MJ....
That's because they've come to understand the term "drug" to mean "ILLEGAL drug".
I'll bet you any amount of money you can name that 99% of them had had a beer or a bottle of Night Train before they smoked their first blunt.
And, of course, Coca Colas before that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
Really? None tried coffee or a caffeinated soda pop first?

I find that REALLY hard to believe.
Ed Zachary.
And even still, we're using the term "drug" to mean something we take for fun, and overlooking aspirin, penicillin, etc...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
tat2guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:33   #67
ysr_racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackwatt View Post

Quote:
Every person that I know that's ever smoked weed ended up using Heroin and raping and killing puppies.

Wait, that's not true. They ended up not doing that stuff.

Come on right? Four guys drinking beer is a fist fight waiting to happen, four guys smoking weed is a rock band waiting to happen.

Just one more reason we lost the election last night.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:33   #68
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

MJ is legal? Isn't he dead? What about other people committing pedophelia? Is that legal now, too?

Quote:
Political Issues

You know, if pot got women as horny as that poster indicates, it would be legal in all 50 states and added to the water supply.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:37   #69
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Statists have no regard for the rights of individuals, cities or states. They want the federal government to enforce their will on everyone.

Of course when it comes to his pet issue he'll be screaming "states rights!"
Bingo. This board is full of conservatives who are happy to let the federal government run wild as long as it's an issue they think is important.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:49   #70
hamster
NRA Life Member

On a related note, I'm calling my broker this morning to increase my investment in:
Political Issues
hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:55   #71
mortpes

I grew tobacco in my youth. Took it from a seed to auction. These plants are very bad for your health.
mortpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:56   #72
Saber99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
It's still illegal on the Federal level as it should be.

What the states want to do or pretend to pass into law hold no weight on the Federal level when it comes to this topic.

Until they get it changed on the Federal level, they're breaking the law.

I can't wait for the DEA to clean house!

HA You are aware that 98% of marijuana arrest(about 750,000/yr) occur at the local and state levels right. When states stop enforcing the law the DEA who have what 6,000 agents at most, doesn't stand a chance at meaningful enforcement. Even just targeting the larger players the DEA will still be quickly overwhelmed by shear volume of users and demand. Good luck cleaning house, they are going to be struggling just to keep their heads above water just between CO and Washington. What happens when more states follow the trend?

Personally I hope these two states voting to legalize, will force the issue at the federal level.
Saber99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:57   #73
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

After last night's election, I'm going to need to move to CO just to survive the next four years. :eek:
ICARRY2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:08   #74
dbcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
First off, your right. I was wrong.

Second, I don't have anymore right than you.

Third, I don't think legalization of MJ goes far enough. I think all drugs should be legal. With a caveat. If you OD, end of game. The only exceptions is for the very young.

When I worked in the ER we has 9 teens OD at a pill party. A pill party is where everyone brings a bottle of pills to the party and dumps them into a bowl. They mix them up and everyone gets a handful and takes them. We saved them so they could pass on the stupid to their derpa children.

BTW, I asked all my Pt.s while I worked in a prison, what drug they started with. They all, to the man said MJ. I don't smoke, it gave me wicked headaches. But I really don't care what you put into yours. Just don't come whining when the check is due for partaking.

I did a paper when I was working on one of my degrees about the "gateway" aspect. I talked with 3000 alcoholics/addicts in recovery in central and north Florida.

When asked "When was the first time you got high" all but a handful told me about the first time they smoked weed.

When asked " when was the first time you were under the inflence of any substance" All but a handful answered they used alcohol, predating the first use of weed.

It's all in how you ask the question. A couple of the younger people started with cough syrup and a few others started with rx meds from the parents rxs
Old 11-07-2012, 09:15   #75
klmmicro

Send a message via Yahoo to klmmicro

I have hold and have heard more than a few times the perspective that this will become a "states rights" issue. There will be a fight by Washington, Colorado and the "medical states" against the Fed. The current and upcoming administrations will have to take note that the citizens of the states desire their own lead.

It will be interesting to watch this play out on the national stage. It has implications that ripple deeply into other areas, including firearms ownership.

*10 Ring, MBR and Reloading Clubs: #436*
klmmicro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:31   #76
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

The not-so secret was that a majority of LE in Washington actually supported I-502 (Marijuana legalization) because it brought the industry under tighter controls, while hopefully gaining additional revenue for the state and establishing some base line for impairment when operating a vehicle.

In fact, much of those who opposed 53 were "co-op" growers who feared that their ability to deal would be curtailed by tighter controls. In reality, pre-53 was looser and somewhat more Libertarian in orientation, even if possession was more controlled for non green card holders.

So while legalized, it also is more tightly controlled by the state. It blows Libertarian minds.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Working overtime to pay for Obamacare

Last edited by Morris; 11-07-2012 at 12:32..
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:58   #77
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
To bad that in CA the courts already ruled since MJ is legal (with a prescription) your 2nd Amendment right aren't at all affected.
Which carries the same weight with the feds as the states legalizing marijuana...NONE. If you are a marijuana smoker, you ARE a "prohibited person" under 18 USC 922(g) and it is no more legal for you to possess a gun than a convicted felon, illegal alien, person committed to a mentaol institution or person convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence. Same law. State courts have no say in it. At best, they can exempt you from some of CA's state gun laws, but you could just move and not have to deal with state regulation of gun purchases anyhow.

I support the legalization of all drugs, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with people who don't understand either the law or the practical effect of the changes in it.

Last edited by Bren; 11-07-2012 at 15:07..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:23   #78
holesinpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Which carries the same weight with the feds as the states legalizing marijuana...NONE. If you are a marijuana smoker, you ARE a "prohibited person" under 18 USC 922(g) and it is no more legal for you to possess a gun than a convicted felon, illegal alien, person committed to a mentaol institution or person convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence. Same law. State courts have no say in it. At best, they can exempt you from some of CA's state gun alws, but you could just move and not have to deal withg state regulation of gun purchases anyhow.

I support the legalization of all drugs, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with people who don't understand either the law or the practical effect of the changes in it.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...declines-cert/

SCOTUS declines.

OR must issue CCW to MMJ patients as per COURT ruling.
holesinpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:01   #79
ocjackel

What are all the medical MJ dispensers gonna do now that their government protected monopoly no longer exists?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 11-07-2012, 12:07   #80
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Good question. It was fairly fluid to begin with and many operated without proper business permits, floating in a gray area of business versus co-op private clubs.

Many of the dispensers were split over Washington's laws. The more business oriented ones (that had business licenses, kept real books, etc.) were supporting while the ones that were literally "fly by night" were opposed.

Of course, the federals have already indicated that they will press on, regardless of a state law. Which, of course, flies in the ointment of the current federal occupiers as they don't want to offend two states that voted Democrat.

Will be interesting to see the case laws that develop from this.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Working overtime to pay for Obamacare

Last edited by Morris; 11-07-2012 at 12:07..
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote