GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 21:01   #126
Altaris
Senior Member
 
Altaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Round Rock, TX
Posts: 11,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
Do you think everything you hate should be illegal?

I hate olives, I think they should be illegal.

I also hate olives, so I agree that they should be illegal.

So that makes it 2 against 1, so Rabbi is clearly wrong hear. The math doesn't lie...2 >1
__________________
To Alcohol !
The cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems
-Homer Simpson-
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 21:51   #127
PettyOfficer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
On a related note, I'm calling my broker this morning to increase my investment in:
Political Issues
OTC:MJNA, up 22.4% today. Get in before the Nov 15th 3Q earnings report is released.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
PettyOfficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 22:00   #128
PettyOfficer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
Try and get a job that requires a urine sample.
DOT drivers license? Forget it.
It will create more food stamp recipients 'cause potheads can't get work.
Why can't they get jobs? Because its illegal. More states change the laws, the more the fed has to deal with it and it'll quickly become a SCOTUS issue. Ending MJ prohibition will allow it to be properly tested in labs and more proof its lack of long term effects and companies will stop testing for MJ usage in the same manner. Companies will begin to blood test and look for high levels that indicate very recent usage, just like the legal system will use to prove impairment.

It'll be fully legalized and treated like alcohol: don't smoke at work or lose your job.

It'll just take time.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
PettyOfficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 22:10   #129
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man
 
Cali-Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: California Sierra Mnts
Posts: 11,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
Do you hate alcohol and believe it should be illegal?
Did you read my post? Apparently not.

I hate alcohol and don't think it should be illegal.

1) it should be a state not federal issue
2) MJ inhibits the user for 72 hours after use, alcohol does not.
__________________
1 Corinthians 2:2
I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 22:16   #130
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post
Did you read my post? Apparently not.

I hate alcohol and don't think it should be illegal.

1) it should be a state not federal issue
2) MJ inhibits the user for 72 hours after use, alcohol does not.
Would it be fair to say that in your estimation, marijuana is a greater threat to public health than alcohol?
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 22:17   #131
holesinpaper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,402
The irony is that 'law and order' Joe Friday types like TBO have this lame refain:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraphrase
"If you don't like a law, then vote and change it don't just break it. I'm blameless for all the damage I do enforcing the law, because I'm just a cop and I just enforce the law that people vote on."
Well guess what, people DID vote and change the law.

Enforcement of simple possession and use of Marijuana has been REMOVED from local LEO authority.

Hypocrites.
holesinpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 22:36   #132
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude
 
BicycleDay43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oak Grove, Kentucky
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post
Wrong:

MJ affects your eyes physiologically: that is why it is used by glaucoma paitents. So what you say? It changes your depth perception. The person can't tell, they feel fine, but the reality is the end result is dramatic: many studies for the 1970s through the 00s confirm the reality of this effect: operating equipment, driving etc are all affected negatively. One example 72 hour after smoking a joint drivers are FAR more likely to rear end another vehicle.

This is not the case for alcohol.

Are you seriosuly about to suggest that MJ causes more driving fatalities than alcohol? Are you seriously that ignorant?


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 22:48   #133
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man
 
Cali-Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: California Sierra Mnts
Posts: 11,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by USArmyFNG View Post
Are you seriosuly about to suggest that MJ causes more driving fatalities than alcohol? Are you seriously that ignorant?


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Who made such a claim? Not me and you know it - stop trolling.
__________________
1 Corinthians 2:2
I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 22:48   #134
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
The irony is that 'law and order' Joe Friday types like TBO have this lame refain:



Well guess what, people DID vote and change the law.

Enforcement of simple possession and use of Marijuana has been REMOVED from local LEO authority.

Hypocrites.
Huh?

Think about what you wrote. How is anyone a hypocrite? The state law was changed. This is America, people (including Gov employees) are still entitled to their opinions.

Just because Obama was elected does not mean I have to 100% agree with everything he does.

Last edited by Sharky7; 11-07-2012 at 22:57..
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 22:58   #135
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man
 
Cali-Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: California Sierra Mnts
Posts: 11,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
Would it be fair to say that in your estimation, marijuana is a greater threat to public health than alcohol?
No it is not be a fair representation of my estimation.

Marijuana has its own set of problems; marijuana and alcohol share some of the same problems, but each has their own separate problems. To claim that marijuana allegedly poses fewer problems than alcohol, therefore we should treat marijuana the same as alcohol is an unsupportable argument.

I argue that legalizing and mainstreaming another drug is not a positive, or healthy direction to any society to undertake.

Secondly I argue that should we choose to legalize and mainstream another drug, we need to do so in light of the unique properties of the new drug instead of trying to treat it the same as a completely different drug.

One example being that unlike alcohol marijuana leaves the user with after effects (depth perception) for approximately 72 hours after use.
__________________
1 Corinthians 2:2
I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 00:59   #136
RyanBDawg
Senior Member
 
RyanBDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ooltewah Tennessee
Posts: 4,186
Marijuana was legal from 1776 until more or less the 1930s.

The main reason it was made illegal were based on racial reasons.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 11-08-2012 at 01:00..
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:32   #137
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
Marijuana was legal from 1776 until more or less the 1930s.

The main reason it was made illegal were based on racial reasons.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
If the white man won't keep the black man down, who will?
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:46   #138
nursetim
Senior Member
 
nursetim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: liberalville N. M.
Posts: 6,613
Laugh but it true, Harrison narcotic act aimed mostly at the black population. Just as concealed weapons laws were directed towards the black people.

Please prove me wrong and correct my ignorance, if you can. If I'm wrong it is from faulty input years ago.
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium. - I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:55   #139
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
Laugh but it true, Harrison narcotic act aimed mostly at the black population. Just as concealed weapons laws were directed towards the black people.

Please prove me wrong and correct my ignorance, if you can. If I'm wrong it is from faulty input years ago.
You're correct. The black man was the boogyman used to garner support but the motivation was more power for the DEA and financial interests of a newspaper magnate that worried about losing money from the lumber he was invested in to hemp paper.

Just like today, if you want to get something done then find a way for it to save rich people money.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:58   #140
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
I also hate olives, so I agree that they should be illegal.

So that makes it 2 against 1, so Rabbi is clearly wrong hear. The math doesn't lie...2 >1
My new hobby. Using sarcasm to avoid answering damn good questions.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:08   #141
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude
 
BicycleDay43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oak Grove, Kentucky
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post
Who made such a claim? Not me and you know it - stop trolling.
It was either an obvious, subtle attempt at suggesting it or just another blind argument to fall back on. You can say that mj has negative effects on a users depth perception all you want, it still doesn't change the fact that alcohol causes many more problems on the road than mj ever has or ever will.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited by BicycleDay43; 11-08-2012 at 02:12..
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:24   #142
Blast
'nuff said
 
Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NKY/Cincinnati area
Posts: 19,626




__________________
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be - Albert Einstein
Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:04   #143
costanza187
I like Macs
 
costanza187's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: =^..^= Litter Box
Posts: 11,010
Bong factories = thousands of jobs!
__________________
I'm so much cooler online.
costanza187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:02   #144
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man
 
Cali-Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: California Sierra Mnts
Posts: 11,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by USArmyFNG View Post
It was either an obvious, subtle attempt at suggesting it or just another blind argument to fall back on. You can say that mj has negative effects on a users depth perception all you want, it still doesn't change the fact that alcohol causes many more problems on the road than mj ever has or ever will.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Adress what i have written and quit making childish insinuations and trying to put words in my mouth.

Who has argued otherwise?! (your point on drunk driving deaths s stoned deaths - no one)
So for sake of debate let us agree that alcohol is currently responsible for more roadway accidents and deaths than stoned driving. So what? How is that a rational argument for the legalization of marijuana? (it isn't)

Your attempted argument is fallacious.

Here is the fact you need to consider:

Have a few drinks over the weekend and there are not after effects which affect your safety performance the following week.

Smoke a joint or two over the weekend and there ARE after effects which dramatically affect your safety performance the following week.
__________________
1 Corinthians 2:2
I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

Last edited by Cali-Glock; 11-08-2012 at 06:07..
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:52   #145
hamster
NRA Life Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,046
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post
Smoke a joint or two over the weekend and there ARE after effects which dramatically affect your safety performance the following week.
Alright, then ban driving under the influence. Oh wait... they that law is already on the books.
hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:03   #146
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Alright, then ban driving under the influence. Oh wait... they that law is already on the books.
Yeah, but how do you enforce it? THC stays in the bloodstream for as long as over three weeks because it is fat soluable. And, marijuana use proponents usually claim that blood tests shouldn't be used for DWI and marijuana for that reason (otherwise, marijuana users couldn't legally drive for three weeks after using and they don't like that).
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.

Last edited by series1811; 11-08-2012 at 07:04..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:05   #147
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post
To claim that marijuana allegedly poses fewer problems than alcohol, therefore we should treat marijuana the same as alcohol is an unsupportable argument.
To you, maybe.

I think its a pretty obvious truth to most folks.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:06   #148
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Yeah, but how do you enforce it?
The same way it is currently enforced, duh.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:07   #149
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
The same way it is currently enforced, duh.
So you're okay with blood tests for THC content? I admit I'm surprised.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:12   #150
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
So you're okay with blood tests for THC content?
Some of the laws are better than others.

For instance, 'per se' drug laws where you get a DUI for having any detectable amount of THC are stupid, but I don't think that's a reason not to legalize marijuana, its just a reason to revamp the DUI laws.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:12.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 786
200 Members
586 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42