SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:55   #161
Lampshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Yes, we did. If you had just admitted you didn't have a clue in the first post, it would have been okay. I already knew the answer.
I'm not sure how naming two potential courses of action (that I didn't see you rebut in any way) equates to not having a clue, but you're free to jump ship from the thread I guess if that's what you want to do.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:59   #162
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
I'm not sure how naming two potential courses of action (that I didn't see you rebut in any way) equates to not having a clue, but you're free to jump ship from the thread I guess if that's what you want to do.
What's your answer to the problem?

Tell somebody to come up with a solution.

Great answer.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:01   #163
Lampshade

Quote:

Great answer.
I would like actual scientists to perform the research and provide their interpretation of it, yes.

You have officially jumped ship, as that is one of the most laughable attempts to grasp at straws I have ever seen.

Last edited by Lampshade; 11-08-2012 at 09:03..
Old 11-08-2012, 09:16   #164
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

... And yet so many dispute the science of current laws, because they don't suit their world view/wants.

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:17   #165
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
I would like actual scientists to perform the research and provide their interpretation of it, yes.

You have officially jumped ship, as that is one of the most laughable attempts to grasp at straws I have ever seen.
And, you think that's how it's going to be determine? No politics involved?

How old are you?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:24   #166
hamster
NRA Life Member

Quote:

Great answer.

You are conflating the issues of driving under the influence and legalization of a substance. It just isn't feasible to expect there to be a test for every single substance someone could potentially be intoxicated with.

How do officers currently handle people driving while on prescription medication?
hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:28   #167
Lampshade

Quote:
And, you think that's how it's going to be determine? No politics involved?

How old are you?
The imperfectness of our legislative process is not a reason not to legalize marijuana, nor a reason to give up on improving current DUI law.

Not to mention the fact that I also suggested, though did not prefer, the option of maintaining the status quo.

You have no argument and have sunk to name calling.

Good day.

Last edited by Lampshade; 11-08-2012 at 09:29..
Old 11-08-2012, 09:46   #168
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

Quote:
To you, maybe.

I think its a pretty obvious truth to most folks.
It is unsupportable for anyone who understands logic. There are logical arguments to be made on your side, but the one you are making is fallacious. The physical magnifications and effects of each of these drugs are very different: perhaps a case can be made that MJ is less harmful than Alcohol and another case that MJ should be legal: but your argument does not support either case.

If you want legalize MJ then how do we regulate and test for exposure over the prior 72 hours? If you dob't have such a mechanism then driving, operating heavy equipment, and many other tasks should be illegal for MJ users to perform. At a minimum, it will have to be legal for businesses (including insurance companies) to discriminate against MJ users as they pose a health and liabily exposure which would otherwise not be there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

Last edited by Cali-Glock; 11-08-2012 at 09:46..
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:54   #169
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
This is going to drive the Insurance Companies nuts.
I'm sure we will all pay higher premiums because of it.
The data is clear: MJ users have a significantly higher incident of vegicle accidents, workplace accidents, and workplace injuries. Insurance companies already address this issue very tightly. For example some insurance companies refuse to insure companies which do not have tight pre-hire, post-hire random, for-cause, and post-accident drug testing; and virtually every insurance carrier gives preferential underwriting credit to companies who have such drug & alcohol policies/programs.

This is NOT arbitrary on the part of insurance companies, but rather it is based on experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:07   #170
hamster
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post
The data is clear: MJ users have a significantly higher incident of vegicle accidents, workplace accidents, and workplace injuries. Insurance companies already address this issue very tightly. For example some insurance companies refuse to insure companies which do not have tight pre-hire, post-hire random, for-cause, and post-accident drug testing; and virtually every insurance carrier gives preferential underwriting credit to companies who have such drug & alcohol policies/programs.

This is NOT arbitrary on the part of insurance companies, but rather it is based on experience.
Good, you've just pointed out why and how the free market handles problems better than government. Government needs to get out of the substance banning business.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:10   #171
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
The imperfectness of our legislative process is not a reason not to legalize marijuana, nor a reason to give up on improving current DUI law.

Not to mention the fact that I also suggested, though did not prefer, the option of maintaining the status quo.

You have no argument and have sunk to name calling.

Good day.
I didn't say whether it should be legalized or not, I asked, how you would enforce DUI with marijuana. You said, someone will figure out something.

I asked you how old you were because I though I might taylor my explanation better if I knew your age. It wasn't an insult.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:16   #172
holesinpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
... And yet so many dispute the science of current laws, because they don't suit their world view/wants.

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2
Funny. Now the law isn't on your side and you want to appeal to 'science.'

BS. If we went by science, then MJ would NOT be a schedule 1 drug, period. Supposedly 'Worse' than cocaine and heroin -- not as per science, but as per political edict.

Your bias is showing. Absolute, utter, BS.

Last edited by holesinpaper; 11-08-2012 at 11:17..
holesinpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:17   #173
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
Funny. Now the law isn't on your side and you want to appeal to 'science.'

BS. If we went by science, then MJ would NOT be a schedule 1 drug, period. 'Worse' than cocaine and heroin.

Your bias is showing. Absolute, utter, BS.
I forget, what are the names of the 400 chemicals in marijuana?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:19   #174
holesinpaper

Quote:
I didn't say whether it should be legalized or not, I asked, how you would enforce DUI with marijuana. You said, someone will figure out something.

I asked you how old you were because I though I might taylor my explanation better if I knew your age. It wasn't an insult.
It's called "driving under the influence" and not "drunk driving" because LEO can CURRENTLY enforce impaired driving laws against MJ users.

Dur.

[/end idiotic argument]
Old 11-08-2012, 11:23   #175
holesinpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post
The data is clear: MJ users have a significantly higher incident of vegicle accidents, workplace accidents, and workplace injuries.
So do MEN compared to WOMEN.

Crap, we might need to ban men from driving, for the children.

Last edited by holesinpaper; 11-08-2012 at 11:43..
Old 11-08-2012, 11:24   #176
holesinpaper

Quote:
I forget, what are the names of the 400 chemicals in marijuana?
Quite smoking dope and you might remember things like that.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:26   #177
hamster
NRA Life Member

Quote:
It's called "driving under the influence" and not "drunk driving" because LEO can CURRENTLY enforce impaired driving laws against MJ users.

Dur.

[/end idiotic argument]
Not to mention the fact that somehow police officers are able to enforce driving under the influence laws with all of the 600,000 legal drugs doctors prescribe to their patients. I don't see why this one drug is any different in regards to intoxicated driving.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:33   #178
holesinpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Not to mention the fact that somehow police officers are able to enforce driving under the influence laws with all of the 600,000 legal drugs doctors prescribe to their patients. I don't see why this one drug is any different in regards to intoxicated driving.
YNS. The way LEOs on Glocktalk present arguments really seems to shine a light on how effing stupid they think people are.

What intelligent person would buy the illogical, hypocritical, indefensible, BS they are trying to peddle.

If they CAN enforce current DUI laws, then legalizing MJ will have zero impact on their ability to enforce DUi laws.

If they CANNOT enforce current DUI laws, then exactly WTF do they do? How can they 'honestly' arrest someone under current law for driving under the influence of drugs.

Last edited by holesinpaper; 11-08-2012 at 11:33..
Old 11-08-2012, 12:19   #179
Mr.Reignman

imho:

The "feds must be challenged" guys are well, the kind of people who just want to see the world burn.

The "Yay liberal argument".... well, you're an idiot.

Quality of life just took a huge dump.... Seriously, no racial profiling here just talking truth, I can't wait for "Tron" to be on the corner blazing up and acting a fool or Tatiayna to rear end someone with her 28" spinners because her 11 babies were crying in the back seat and she lost her grasp on reality for a moment due to some plant.

Third worlds are looking better and better by the minute...

Woosah.

Last edited by Mr.Reignman; 11-08-2012 at 12:20..
Mr.Reignman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:23   #180
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
YNS. The way LEOs on Glocktalk present arguments really seems to shine a light on how effing stupid they think people are.

What intelligent person would buy the illogical, hypocritical, indefensible, BS they are trying to peddle.

If they CAN enforce current DUI laws, then legalizing MJ will have zero impact on their ability to enforce DUi laws.

If they CANNOT enforce current DUI laws, then exactly WTF do they do? How can they 'honestly' arrest someone under current law for driving under the influence of drugs.
Well we are all well aware of the legal standards for DUI, and for DWI in respect to alcohol. Pretend for a second that we don't know them for marijuana, and tell us what they are.

Last edited by series1811; 11-08-2012 at 12:23..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote