Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-08-2012, 17:14   #81
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
I would call you a creepy old man, but I understand it. If I wasnt me, I would fantasize about me also. So its understandable.

Why do you ignore what I should tell people on the 30% I am sent home on the 16th to cut them loose before two major holidays because of how the election went and people not wanting to leave the money in the USA?

We are not deeply enough invested in the USA yet that it may be better to take some losses than loose more.

You may think i am giant bunghole that is greedy an heartless. In fact, if you actually worked for me, you would know me. I treat hard working people that are competent very well. I treat slackers like slackers. I have no problem cutting a slacker loose. I have no problem paying good employees very well. When I did yearly raises for a company in the last company I worked for in the USA I was generally given a 3 or 4% budget increase for salaries. The good employees got 5 or 6%. The slackers got 0 or 1% (basically if you got this it was the indication you should be looking for a job). What I do have a problem doing is cutting people when they are good and they did nothing to deserve it. However, sometimes things are out of their or my control.

So what should I tell these people? That the people in Europe who are funding the venture are now spooked by the economic climate and pulling money out. Just today Spanish bonds were trading 5% level (down from 8%) and the Spanish said they dont need a bailout. They are looking safer for investors than the USA right now.

Come on. You voted for this. Help me out with what I should tell them.
He can't say what he wants to say which is that the government should seize your company's assets and distribute them amongst the fired workers.
Old 11-08-2012, 17:21   #82
vikingsoftpaw

Las Vegas odds makers correctly picked BHO to be re-elected POTUS. They make their money form being right on such things.

Wall Street works much the same way.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine
vikingsoftpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 17:32   #83
vikingsoftpaw

Quote:
You are more than misinformed.

The Clinton surplus was on paper because of the dot com bubble. Once all that money disappeared, the capital gains tax it generated went away too.

It had nothing to do with Clinton other than timing.

But why dont you speak the truth and admit that the plans set forth for 9/11 all happened under Clinton's watch and that attack had a huge financial impact that we had a hard time recovering from?
Clinton's Pro-tax advisers were smart in this respect: The use of the Laff Curse to determine the maximum percentage that they could raise tax rates to, before people would actually begin to work less.

BHO's objective is to grind up the middle class with the twin millstones inflation and regulation. That leaves him as Big Pimp Daddy, Large and in Charge of giving us all out needed free stuff

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine
vikingsoftpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 18:34   #84
czsmithGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsoftpaw View Post
Clinton's Pro-tax advisers were smart in this respect: The use of the Laff Curse to determine the maximum percentage that they could raise tax rates to, before people would actually begin to work less.

BHO's objective is to grind up the middle class with the twin millstones inflation and regulation. That leaves him as Big Pimp Daddy, Large and in Charge of giving us all out needed free stuff
Yep we elected the Wizard of Oz as president.
czsmithGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 18:46   #85
RonS

Capital flight.

I see American companies not being in America anymore. A CEO making a few million a year can live well in Geneva, Tokyo or Shanghai.

I expect to see factories all over the US closing in the coming year. I sure would not hire anyone with Uncle Bo in charge. You might find that their union owns your company.
Old 11-08-2012, 19:07   #86
Restless28

I have talked to several business owners and contractors since this election. All of them are deflated, angry, and fearful. Even though my work involves correction of issues to become code compliant, I know that I'm in the same boat with these folks. I feel the same way they do.

Last edited by Restless28; 11-08-2012 at 19:11..
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 19:17   #87
Restless28

Quote:
I would call you a creepy old man, but I understand it. If I wasnt me, I would fantasize about me also. So its understandable.

Why do you ignore what I should tell people on the 30% I am sent home on the 16th to cut them loose before two major holidays because of how the election went and people not wanting to leave the money in the USA?

We are not deeply enough invested in the USA yet that it may be better to take some losses than loose more.

You may think i am giant bunghole that is greedy an heartless. In fact, if you actually worked for me, you would know me. I treat hard working people that are competent very well. I treat slackers like slackers. I have no problem cutting a slacker loose. I have no problem paying good employees very well. When I did yearly raises for a company in the last company I worked for in the USA I was generally given a 3 or 4% budget increase for salaries. The good employees got 5 or 6%. The slackers got 0 or 1% (basically if you got this it was the indication you should be looking for a job). What I do have a problem doing is cutting people when they are good and they did nothing to deserve it. However, sometimes things are out of their or my control.

So what should I tell these people? That the people in Europe who are funding the venture are now spooked by the economic climate and pulling money out. Just today Spanish bonds were trading 5% level (down from 8%) and the Spanish said they dont need a bailout. They are looking safer for investors than the USA right now.

Come on. You voted for this. Help me out with what I should tell them.
He won't. This is utopia for Obama supporters.
Old 11-08-2012, 19:39   #88
Jonesee

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsoftpaw View Post

Ummmm, it is the "Laffer Curve" Not the Laff Curse. But the way you wrote it is hilarious and not far from the truth...

And just to be accurate: Reagan not Clinton used the Laffer Curve as a basis for arguing tax rates. It was one of the cornerstone of Reaganomics.

Academically, it is seen as too simplistic in economic models to prove anything. Basically what is says is at 0% taxes you have a lot of cash that can be invested in the economy and at 100% tax, you have no money that can be invested in the economy.

It is a way of modeling taxes using a point of diminishing returns. the problem with the model is there is no way to determine, and no consensus of, the optimal tax rate.

When you are debating taxes, less is better is not always true. And more is better is not always true.

But it makes great soundbites for politicians when they want to sound like they know how to spell the word "economics".

Last edited by Jonesee; 11-08-2012 at 20:46..
Jonesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 19:44   #89
jdavionic
NRA Member

Odds are we've been in one and the MSM and O sympathizers have kept it under the carpet.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 19:48   #90
Restless28

It's fun to debate theory, but I'm seeing some broken spirits locally.
Old 11-08-2012, 20:09   #91
railfancwb

Quote:
You are more than misinformed.

The Clinton surplus was on paper because of the dot com bubble. Once all that money disappeared, the capital gains tax it generated went away too.

It had nothing to do with Clinton other than timing.

But why dont you speak the truth and admit that the plans set forth for 9/11 all happened under Clinton's watch and that attack had a huge financial impact that we had a hard time recovering from?
I've read that the Clinton surplus was generated, in part at least, by taxes paid at ordinary income rates on regular IRAs converted into Roth IRAs.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-08-2012, 20:17   #92
railfancwb

Why is it better for the nation to have the IRS take $1,000 from Peter and give it to Paul (less shipping and handling of course)?

Is the nation better off going forward because $50 to $100 billion - maybe more - will need to be spent to rebuild from Sandy?

Guess it is good that Ted Kennedy kept a windmill farm from being built off the coast of Cape Cod. Sandy would have blown it away.

Old 11-08-2012, 20:26   #93
Jonesee

Quote:
Originally Posted by railfancwb View Post
I've read that the Clinton surplus was generated, in part at least, by taxes paid at ordinary income rates on regular IRAs converted into Roth IRAs.

You would have to cite that source.
I don't believe mathematically it is even close.
Jonesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 20:34   #94
Glock_Convert

Great Depression II. Get ready for 25% unemployment again.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Glock_Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:53   #95
Flying-Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
I feel better correcting that post.
I never made a penny listening to the business channels.

Still looks like a 3rd down day...going just as Obama planned?
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:53   #96
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Repeal the Bush tax cuts and bring the troops home from everywhere. Spend the money in the U.S. that we're currently spending everywhere else. That will stimulate our economy instead of everyone elses economy and get things done in the U.S. that need to be done. Turn health care into a free market instead of the medieval guild it is now.

What's your idea? Gutting SSI and turning Medicare into an HMO? Never happen. Wrong answer.
Bypassing all the selective memory history previous to this post, seems like President Obama has had four years to do this already.

In fact, he renewed the tax policy. It should be called the Obama tax cuts now. But, like the selective history lesson, it doesn't fit your narrative well, does it?

OFAIL

Last edited by engineer151515; 11-09-2012 at 07:08..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:05   #97
engineer151515

Recession, depression, stagnation, hyperinflation, whatever.

This you can bank on. The very last person to mention it is happening (much less warn you of it's impending presence) will be the US government.

Just like the Democrat destruction of "secured' mortgages and the near economic meltdown of banks worldwide . . . you had ZERO time to react. Had the banks failed, you would have run to closed doors, unplugged ATM's and downed websites. Whatever you had in your possession on that day, mere hours from zero hour, was ALL you would have had to live on.

The Crash of '16 and bankruptcy of the US government will be nuclear disaster swift. There will be economic survivors but, like the Titanic, there will not be enough lifeboats. Those with real wealth certainly don't want you bum rushing the lifeboats. They have every interest in retaining their power.

When the lifeboats are gone, many will be on the deck of the suddenly sinking ship, fresh from our warm bunks, wondering why no warning was sounded. Actually, the warning has been sounding for a while. Just could not be heard over the cheers of Mardi Gras style crowds yelling for their cheap trinkets.

I have every expectation that I will be working offshore watching this happening.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:03   #98
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
The Dangerous Myth About The Bill Clinton Tax Increase

http://www.forbes.com/sites/charlesk...-tax-increase/
That's spin. For example,
Quote:
If these tax increases were good for the middle class, then they should have been popular. Yet, in the 1994 elections, the Democratic Party suffered historic losses.
Most people attribute the Democrats losses in 1994 to gun control legislation they passed.

Clinton was in the right place at the right time, but the Democrats under Clinton didn't waste money building bridges to nowhere or fighting an unnecessary war (Iraq) on borrowed money. Forbes et al. lost all credibility in 2008.

Leona Helmsley

Last edited by muscogee; 11-09-2012 at 08:05..
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:07   #99
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircarver View Post
The 'stuff' you tell everybody is beyond belief ....

Only in this forum.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:12   #100
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Recession, depression, stagnation, hyperinflation, whatever.

This you can bank on. The very last person to mention it is happening (much less warn you of it's impending presence) will be the US government.

Just like the Democrat destruction of "secured' mortgages and the near economic meltdown of banks worldwide . . . you had ZERO time to react. Had the banks failed, you would have run to closed doors, unplugged ATM's and downed websites. Whatever you had in your possession on that day, mere hours from zero hour, was ALL you would have had to live on.

The Crash of '16 and bankruptcy of the US government will be nuclear disaster swift. There will be economic survivors but, like the Titanic, there will not be enough lifeboats. Those with real wealth certainly don't want you bum rushing the lifeboats. They have every interest in retaining their power.

When the lifeboats are gone, many will be on the deck of the suddenly sinking ship, fresh from our warm bunks, wondering why no warning was sounded. Actually, the warning has been sounding for a while. Just could not be heard over the cheers of Mardi Gras style crowds yelling for their cheap trinkets.

I have every expectation that I will be working offshore watching this happening.
These are certainly frightening words, but I feel likewise. Pain is coming.