Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-08-2012, 20:27   #51
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySiK26 View Post
Imagine, if the republicans had the homos, potheads on their side. OUR side. Anything but the "left" side, the election may have gone differently.
Step 1 to that end would be to stop referring to them as "homos" and "potheads" which I understand is difficult if you really cherish the opportunity to look down on people.

Maybe "personal freedom advocates" would be a better term?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 20:31   #52
donbarzini
a pair of 10's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
I apologize. My tolerance of those spiking the ball is gone.
noo....im sorry...the next time i vote for something...ill ask your opinion and no one elses. because only your opinion is right. i should have asked you first...i wish i knew you through my whole life...i made some mistakes..if only you were there....what do you watch on thursday nights? am i watching the wrong thing... you NEED to tell me everything......do you put the q-tip in the ear or just around the outside edge? please save me......i dont want to drag the country down
donbarzini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 20:44   #53
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbarzini View Post
noo....im sorry...the next time i vote for something...ill ask your opinion and no one elses. because only your opinion is right. i should have asked you first...i wish i knew you through my whole life...i made some mistakes..if only you were there....what do you watch on thursday nights? am i watching the wrong thing... you NEED to tell me everything......do you put the q-tip in the ear or just around the outside edge? please save me......i dont want to drag the country down
Enjoy your life.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 20:52   #54
donbarzini
a pair of 10's

Quote:
Enjoy your life.
how can i now that i know its your way or the highway....dont leave me now....lol
Old 11-08-2012, 21:09   #55
donbarzini
a pair of 10's

was watching larry king last night...he was on tavis smiey....he said that people really didnt relate to romney....when its all said and done..i agree....he seemed fake...i cant place it....
i did vote for the first bush..and mr. ronald....to some people--the candidates have to seem likeable to some degree. you guys will have the next pres locked up tight. but you still gotta find someone likeable enough...no matter how good your politics are....if you had someone else i think it would have been a landslide....im sorry..but they have to be somewhat likeable and relateable....i dont make the voters vote. i thought you guys had it.
Old 11-08-2012, 21:22   #56
Flying-Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbarzini View Post
was watching larry king last night...he was on tavis smiey....he said that people really didnt relate to romney....when its all said and done..i agree....he seemed fake...i cant place it....
i did vote for the first bush..and mr. ronald....to some people--the candidates have to seem likeable to some degree. you guys will have the next pres locked up tight. but you still gotta find someone likeable enough...no matter how good your politics are....if you had someone else i think it would have been a landslide....im sorry..but they have to be somewhat likeable and relateable....i dont make the voters vote. i thought you guys had it.
Tavis Smiley would vote for Obama even if he was caught selling an atom bomb to Iran.

Rule number 1: Do not take advice from your opponent.

I agree Romney was a bit stiff; not a natural campaigner but was the real deal and would have been a great President but the American people screwed themselves.

With Obama Care and 49% getting free stuff now, we will be a one party system like Mexico and other 3rd World Nations.

Nope, the Dems have it locked up from here on out not that we won't try but we couldn't beat Obama with his record.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 21:24   #57
kostnerave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIMPY View Post
They have found out they can vote themselves a government check by electing Democrats. It's going to be hard to overcome that incentive. Coupled with a poorly run Republican effort the Dems will be in control for a while.
Very well said.
kostnerave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 22:11   #58
MarinePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
I'm thinking about hopping on! I'd have more money for ammo and practice if .gov was buying my food!

I've looked into what it takes to qualify and if you are not a fraudster, you must not have much in life to get on the gravy train. That means no assets of any sizeable worth. That is what will make it a no go for a lot of people eating sour grapes right now. Food stamps depends on income level and family size, I couldn't find anything about other assets though.
MarinePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 22:32   #59
okie
GT Mayor

The Okie Corral
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 23:36   #60
RedNine
AutomatedSystem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Tell that to a gay person, a woman or a minority?

The left attacks people. Yes, that is true...boy do they attack people. They will destroy a person.

The Right attacks groups.
Tell a person who clings to their guns and bibles that the left doesn't attack certain social groups and they'll likely object too. The left excludes many people and their view points. That could be why 49% of them voted for the right.
RedNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 23:49   #61
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNine View Post
Tell a person who clings to their guns and bibles that the left doesn't attack certain social groups and they'll likely object too. The left excludes many people and their view points. That could be why 49% of them voted for the right.
Great soundbite but it simply wont help solve the problem. Why, because you can find exceptions but it doesnt change the math that the left is a far more diverse group.

In a game where 2-10%, in most all races is the margin, you had better figure out how to be more inclusive, even if by a little.

Trying to prove me wrong, justify your POV, or just leave a drive by post wont help change the fact that the country is become more diverse and will continue to do so. This is not a game of black and white, it is a game of *more.* even if that is just a little bit.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon

Last edited by Rabbi; 11-08-2012 at 23:50..
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 00:14   #62
RedNine
AutomatedSystem

Quote:
Great soundbite but it simply wont help solve the problem. Why, because you can find exceptions but it doesnt change the math that the left is a far more diverse group.
No need to be patronizing. I didn't try to be. It's an example, not an exception.

Quote:
Trying to prove me wrong, justify your POV, or just leave a drive by post wont help change the fact that the country is become more diverse and will continue to do so. This is not a game of black and white, it is a game of *more.* even if that is just a little bit.
You were wrong in saying that the left doesn't attack or exclude certain groups. I don't recall taking exception with (or even addressing) the other points. Sorry, if that makes it a drive by.

Edit: Maybe it wouldn't be a drive by if I took the time to type a bit more.

Yes, obviously superior numbers require greater diversity these days. I'd think the right's best chance would be with 2nd or third generation hispanic Americans as they start to fill a bigger part of the upper middle class.

Last edited by RedNine; 11-09-2012 at 00:37..
Old 11-09-2012, 09:50   #63
heliguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Agreed. My jackass neighbor decides to have 6 kids he can't afford and not only do I have to pay for their schooling, but he also has to pay less in taxes because of his irresponsibility.

Middle-class welfare is orders of magnitude more prevalent and rampant than the EBT card crap that goes on as we
ll.
My older brother, a lifelong conservative, voted for nobama twice. He's 57 and knew he wouldn't be with his company too much longer. Been there 30 yrs. he wants one thing from the Feds, obamacare. He voted for him again to Ensure it doesn't get overturned. This is a clear case of middle class welfare also..
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:14   #64
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliguy View Post
My older brother, a lifelong conservative, voted for nobama twice. He's 57 and knew he wouldn't be with his company too much longer. Been there 30 yrs. he wants one thing from the Feds, obamacare. He voted for him again to Ensure it doesn't get overturned. This is a clear case of middle class welfare also..
Benjamin Franklin warned us.

"When the American people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic."

He's not the only one, either. Yes, I'm pessimistic, but this election was the official announcement that the fall is underway.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:56   #65
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:

You were wrong in saying that the left doesn't attack or exclude certain groups.
And there is the problem, you dont even know what I said, but that didnt stop you from giving us your thoughts and making up stuff.

I never said any such things. In general, the dems are the party of inclusion and the repubs go out of their way to exclude more people.

That the dems exclude republican thought doesnt change that, that the dems exclude some groups doesnt change that.

If you really need that spelled out, you are simply not up to speed yet to even be in this conversation.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Old 11-09-2012, 12:25   #66
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766

Quote:
Its not free health care for every one. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I will keep this real simple.

If you already have Medicaid nothing has changed. You can go back to sleep. If you have Medicare it will cost you more but you are covered.

If you already buy insurance you will continue to do so or face fines or fees.

If you are too rich to get Medicaid but too poor to buy insurance and eat also you will be fined. Unless you fall into certain special interest groups or get a hardship immunity.

If you have insurance as part benefit benefir package at work you will be taxed on it.

There is tons of other fees and fines but I think this is a very, very basic summery. Feel free to corect me. I'm not smart enough to read the law.

Last edited by hotpig; 11-09-2012 at 12:27..
hotpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:38   #67
Fox184

What is sad is the Democrats have been the racist party, and because of them being the better liars they have made the Republicans look like the evil racists.

Members of the Democratic party formed the KKK. Republicans were the ones that pushed to allow women the right to vote. Republicans are the ones black people should be thanking for equal rights.
Fox184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:38   #68
sbhaven

Quote:
Know of at least one family member who voted for Obama solely to keep their medicare/medicaid flowing. They, as did many others, bought the media lie that republicans/tea party people were going to cut it off.

What really pissed me off was this person agreed with me that there must be Social Security/Medicare/medicaid reform since its such a drain on the budget/debt. But they didn't want their coverage cut.

Last edited by sbhaven; 11-09-2012 at 12:39..
sbhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:43   #69
dpadams6

Quote:
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."

Benjamin Franklin
Yep. Totally went from WORKING SOCIETY to a WELFARE SOCIETY. How in the world can we prosper under those views? Great societies have come and gone in that past. Is this the beginning of our fall?
dpadams6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:45   #70
dpadams6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaven View Post
Know of at least one family member who voted for Obama solely to keep their medicare/medicaid flowing. They, as did many others, bought the media lie that republicans/tea party people were going to cut it off.

What really pissed me off was this person agreed with me that there must be Social Security/Medicare/medicaid reform since its such a drain on the budget/debt. But they didn't want their coverage cut.
Yep. I know a few too. Totally uninformed and just don't get it. What a shame.
dpadams6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:53   #71
RedNine
AutomatedSystem

Quote:
And there is the problem, you dont even know what I said, but that didnt stop you from giving us your thoughts and making up stuff.
I know what you said. It's written in this very forum.

Quote:
Hey, there is an idea, lets start segregating (grouping&excluding) and then labeling people in a negative way (attacking)...and wonder why the party that doesnt do that won...
Quote:
The left attacks people. Yes, that is true...boy do they attack people. They will destroy a person.

The Right attacks groups.
I said...

Quote:
You were wrong in saying that the left doesn't attack or exclude certain groups. I don't recall taking exception with (or even addressing) any other points.
Your reply:

Quote:
I never said any such things.
You did say such things... they're pasted above^. Doesn't matter who came up with the idea. It was an incorrect statement and unfair to those groups who they've segregated and labeled. Even the democrats I know don't think that either party is anything but hostile to groups with opposing belief systems at the moment.

Last edited by RedNine; 11-10-2012 at 14:58..
Old 11-10-2012, 08:56   #72
ysr_racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Don't forget the homos and the potheads.
They both won big too.
Thinking like that is probably what keeps us from getting elected.

Times are changing my friend, times are changing.
ysr_racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:56   #73
lunarspeak

Quote:

In a game where 2-10%, in most all races is the margin, you had better figure out how to be more inclusive, even if by a little.

rabbi is right, the republicans have to get off thier high horses and get with the real world...you guys sit here and cry wondering how the dems got the vote..yet the republicans keep giveing some of the biggest groups grief.

gays..they are here and you wont get rid of them,and there are alot of wealthy motivated gay people in this country and they vote against republicans because you dont want them to be married

abortion.....you loss alot of womens votes there

and last but not least,the hispanics..a huge and fast growing group and you guys want to throw them out,not let them,vote,not let them drive...a lot of hispanics have republican values but only vote dem because they think it helps them stay.

if the republican party doesnt loosen up and change atleast some of thier views they are going to be in alot of trouble.
lunarspeak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 13:03   #74
RedNine
AutomatedSystem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarspeak View Post
rabbi is right, the republicans have to get off thier high horses and get with the real world...you guys sit here and cry wondering how the dems got the vote..yet the republicans keep giveing some of the biggest groups grief.
He's right about that part. But to say that the democratic party is seen as the party that doesn't segregate or label is just untrue.

Last edited by RedNine; 11-10-2012 at 13:32..
Old 11-10-2012, 20:07   #75
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
He's right about that part. But to say that the democratic party is seen as the party that doesn't segregate or label is just untrue.
Somehow you have missed the fact that I deal with statistics.

A lot of people here have also done this, in an effort to prove some point about me being wrong, or them being right or who knows what.

Even if it is 51-49 who excludes vs. includes, one does more of the other...and will win national elections because of it.

Last edited by Rabbi; 11-10-2012 at 20:08..