Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-11-2012, 00:39   #76
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Supporters of extremism weather it be far right or far left will have hell to pay when they stand before God.

This nation is going to reap what it's sown and as far as I'm concerned, is going to get exactly what it deserves.

RIP USA.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:23   #77
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpig View Post
Its not free health care for every one. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I will keep this real simple.

If you already have Medicaid nothing has changed. You can go back to sleep. If you have Medicare it will cost you more but you are covered.

If you already buy insurance you will continue to do so or face fines or fees.

If you are too rich to get Medicaid but too poor to buy insurance and eat also you will be fined. Unless you fall into certain special interest groups or get a hardship immunity.

If you have insurance as part benefit benefir package at work you will be taxed on it.

There is tons of other fees and fines but I think this is a very, very basic summery. Feel free to corect me. I'm not smart enough to read the law.
http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-facts.php

I wouldn't say tons of taxes and fees but there are.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:29   #78
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Supporters of extremism weather it be far right or far left will have hell to pay when they stand before God.
Sounds kinda extreme.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:34   #79
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
The Okie Corral
LOL, baby boomers ARE the entitlement generation. Look at the federal budget.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:19   #80
Blast
'nuff said

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral
Old 11-11-2012, 03:59   #81
fx77
CLM Number 232
Charter Lifetime Member

A republican can never out bid a democrat when offering free stuff..that is what this election was about.
fx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:04   #82
RedNine
AutomatedSystem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Somehow you have missed the fact that I deal with statistics.

A lot of people here have also done this, in an effort to prove some point about me being wrong, or them being right or who knows what.

Even if it is 51-49 who excludes vs. includes, one does more of the other...and will win national elections because of it.
You're a complete stranger. I shouldn't know what you deal in, that's how. Unless you're a famous statistician?

People don't like hearing that particular sentiment and don't agree with it, but it has nothing to do with you or some desire to "prove you wrong". No offense, but "you" didn't matter, it was the statement that did. Obviously, it slightly offends quite a few people with different perspectives than yours, maybe people who wear more of the democrat's labels than you do.

So by your logic, it would also be a correct statement to say:

"The Republicans were the more inclusive party during the Bush administration."

Because even as a Republican... that doesn't sound quite right to me. And it would really offend liberals, but not as much as telling them that the republicans don't label or that they're perceived not to.

Are Islam and Christianity are more inclusive than Judaism and Sikhism?

Again, really no offense, but (like most others) your clarity may not always be the best. Like your last post when you literally said "Somehow you have missed the fact that I deal with statistics. A lot of people here have also done this, in an effort to prove some point about me being wrong".

What am I supposed to make of that? Missed something in an effort? That's not possible. Are you saying we made an effort to overlook a fact that we had no knowledge of in the first place? Because that is the literal meaning of the words you wrote... and furthermore that it was an important fact, relevant to our argument, and we intentionally avoided it to "win".
RedNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:15   #83
stevemc

So tiring. Is there anyone here who is on the "public take"? Could you please tell the rest of us how great your life is, how all that free Obama stuff is going? I have an idea, why don't we designate someone to quit his job, get on welfare, and see how it goes. See how easy it is for real. Food stamps, community hospitals, the whole bit. I have a feeling it isn't all it's cracked up to be.
R's have some great ideas. One of the best is personal responsibility. However, if you keep pushing your god and your way on the rest, through government, you will never be in the majority again. People are truly not interested in that.
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:49   #84
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemc View Post
So tiring. Is there anyone here who is on the "public take"? Could you please tell the rest of us how great your life is, how all that free Obama stuff is going? I have an idea, why don't we designate someone to quit his job, get on welfare, and see how it goes. See how easy it is for real. Food stamps, community hospitals, the whole bit. I have a feeling it isn't all it's cracked up to be.
R's have some great ideas. One of the best is personal responsibility. However, if you keep pushing your god and your way on the rest, through government, you will never be in the majority again. People are truly not interested in that.
It is a way of life that most of us would find unacceptable. I deal with these people every day. I have third generation Public Aid recipients that are cousins.

There is a certain amount of work to be successful at it. You have re apply from time to time. You have to figure out how to get either into public housing or to get reduced rent.

You need to figure out what other programs to supplement you Public Aid with. Additionally you have non Government hand outs. Where to go and who has the best stuff at what time of the month.

The more you can score that way the less of your aid money that has to be wasted on food,rent, utilities, clothing,etc.

With increased taxes in many States on Alcohol and tobacco. Increased regulations on tattoos and piercings has caused dramatic price increases. It puts a real financial strain on these folks. It makes them rely on food banks more and more to eat by the end of the month.

Just barely getting by is a way of life for these people. Most have never known anything different. They have never earned a pay check. Their parents have never earned a pay check. Their kids will never earn a pay check.They are trapped and do not even know it.

Last edited by hotpig; 11-11-2012 at 11:50..
hotpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 14:03   #85
MySiK26

Send a message via AIM to MySiK26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Step 1 to that end would be to stop referring to them as "homos" and "potheads" which I understand is difficult if you really cherish the opportunity to look down on people.

Maybe "personal freedom advocates" would be a better term?
I meant to have the quotes around "homos" and "potheads" as you used them in your reply. Re-reading my post which you quoted, I would think it would be inferred that I myself was not using those words by choice, as I had originally quoted someone in this thread. My mistake.

Last edited by MySiK26; 11-13-2012 at 16:03..
MySiK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 14:18   #86
ldn0125

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpig View Post
Its not free health care for every one. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I will keep this real simple.

If you already have Medicaid nothing has changed. You can go back to sleep. If you have Medicare it will cost you more but you are covered.

If you already buy insurance you will continue to do so or face fines or fees.

If you are too rich to get Medicaid but too poor to buy insurance and eat also you will be fined. Unless you fall into certain special interest groups or get a hardship immunity.

If you have insurance as part benefit benefir package at work you will be taxed on it.

There is tons of other fees and fines but I think this is a very, very basic summery. Feel free to corect me. I'm not smart enough to read the law.
My 76 year old mother was greeted with a letter at her last doctor's visit said they will no longer accept Medicare. No doctors in the area are accepting new patients. So what is she to do? Oh --- but she is covered? And that coverage guarantees her what exactly? Nada
ldn0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:47   #87
BulldawgGlock

If the Republican party doesn't change their stance on social issues, they will continue to be defeated. A party whose policies mirror that of an 2000+ year old document will never survive in an age in which we can send probes to other planets.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:29   #88
Steve0853

So........the takeaway from these 4 pages is that for Republicans to ever compete again in a Presidential election, they must become far left Democrats??

However strange that sounds, I agree. President Obama made a calculated gamble that the tipping point had already been reached. That there were enough hand out seekers that would combine with traditional yellow dog Democrats to provide the votes to win. His gamble paid off. This math will hold up from now until the end of our republic.

No Republican will be elected President from here on out. By 2016, so many more will be added to the dependent rolls that any candidate will have to promise ever increasing handouts.

Also, class warfare will be a function of the successful candidate of the future as the number of takers begins to far exceed the number of makers and someone is going to have to get blamed for their failures. The successful candidate of the future is going to have to promise that he/she will punish the rich. The definition of "rich" at some point will change to include just about everyone NOT on public assistance.

Future Republican candidates can mimic liberal Democrats, but why should the electorate vote for an imitation when the real thing is on the ballot?
Steve0853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:52   #89
sbhaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve0853 View Post
So........the takeaway from these 4 pages is that for Republicans to ever compete again in a Presidential election, they must become far left Democrats??
No. The take away for Republicans should be to find a way to reach out to those who would traditionally vote Republican but don't because of the GOP's stance on many of the social issues. Tailoring your campaign, and message, to the "white guy" isn't going to win elections anymore. And Republicans must figure out a way to sell their message in the face of a MSM who will always put social issues front and center in an effort to defeat the Republican candidate.

Only time will tell if the Republican/GOP establishment will learn from last week's election.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:06   #90
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldn0125 View Post
My 76 year old mother was greeted with a letter at her last doctor's visit said they will no longer accept Medicare. No doctors in the area are accepting new patients. So what is she to do? Oh --- but she is covered? And that coverage guarantees her what exactly? Nada
Patients die and the doctors will accept new ones. Until then she may have to travel further to see a doctor.

When you force bad dept onto the Insurance Companies, Hospitals, Clinics, Doctors, and EMS over all quality will decline. Bad debt still has to reconciled some place.

Think of our current Health Care system as a leaking boat taking on water.

The Politicians had a chance of fixing the leaks caused by lack of Tort reform, Fraud, abuse, mismanagement, and waste.

Instead of fixing it they went out and purchased a much bigger leaking boat.