GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 16:44   #21
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
We're all going to have to deal with the unsustainable spending and the inevitable bill.
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 16:47   #22
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 30,660


Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
We're all going to have to deal with the unsustainable spending and the inevitable bill.
Yes. That is true.

But the point is, how do you get the people into power who will do that is a better way?

You dont do it by losing races. So how do you win races?

Learn the rules and play to win. You can wish it was a certain way. You can believe it is a certain way. It is the way it is...and you lost for the reasons you lost. You (and that is the all of us you) had better start to understand your flaws and the reality fo the game.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Rabbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 16:54   #23
PAGunner
Senior Member
 
PAGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 6,470
Rabbi, very well thought out, I needed to read these words, I think many of us do.
__________________
M&P 40 CORE, M&P FS 40, M&P 40c, M&P 40 Shield
DDM4V1 LW, DDM4V5 LW, SCAR 17s, VEPR 12
PAGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 16:58   #24
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Yes. That is true.

But the point is, how do you get the people into power who will do that is a better way?

You dont do it by losing races. So how do you win races?

Learn the rules and play to win. You can wish it was a certain way. You can believe it is a certain way. It is the way it is...and you lost for the reasons you lost. You (and that is the all of us you) had better start to understand your flaws and the reality fo the game.
One side says you have to work for what you have. The other side says, we'll give it to you and BTW the rich aren't paying thier fair share - that's why you don't/won't have it.

It's really not much more complicated than that.
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 16:58   #25
GeorgiaGlocker
Incirlik AB
 
GeorgiaGlocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You are correct, I should have said that Romney recieved FEWER votes than McCain (which is true)

...and you cant disagree with Obama about winning because he did. You may not like anything about him but he is right about somethings. He is the president, you cant (logically) disagree with that. You can only not like it.
I certainly don't disagree that he is the President or that he won. But you are right, I don't like it.
__________________
The problem in our country today is that we spend more time on making sure we are politically correct instead of making sure we are biblically correct.
GeorgiaGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 17:08   #26
Flying-Dutchman
Senior Member
 
Flying-Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,510
This is the calm before the storm. We do not yet know the true ramifications of Obama Care but it will be far worse than we think.

Usually nothing happens but occasionally there are bursts of great change and we will experience drastic change soon.

We have experienced a long period of prosperity we personally didn't fight for and now it will be taken from us because we are complacent.

It was naive to think we could push back Obama Care as Socialism is a ratchet that only tightens.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 17:14   #27
wprebeck
Got quacks?
 
wprebeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In a flooded corn field
Posts: 8,724
So, those of us who vote on principal because we actually have morals and stand for something, should stop? Yeah, OK.

See, some people actually stand for something, and won't change their value system just to win a contest. Whether or not other people agree has no relationship as to what is right and what is wrong.

You're a part time cop. I'm sure you see people doing bad things all the time, but make excuses for it. Should we accept their excuses, simply because they believe a different way? Legality aside, since most states allow for wide discretion among misdemeanor offenses - simply because a subset of the population "believes" a position is moral, when it obviously is not - we shouldnt arrest them?

Yeah - you go with that moral relativism. Personally, I'll stick with my morals, and vote for what is right. My ethics are worth a bit more than an ultimately meaningless contest. I have to look at myself in the mirror every day, and have to answer to not only my family, but God. I've done enough bad things that I have to answer for - I don't need to add to the list.

But, you go ahead with pretending its OK to change your morals in order to win a contest. I don't have to answer for you.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 17:14   #28
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
This is the calm before the storm. We do not yet know the true ramifications of Obama Care but it will be far worse than we think.

Usually nothing happens but occasionally there are bursts of great change and we will experience drastic change soon.

We have experienced a long period of prosperity we personally didn't fight for and now it will be taken from us because we are complacent.

It was naive to think we could push back Obama Care as Socialism is a ratchet that only tightens.
Socialism is a noose that only tightens.
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 17:15   #29
Sgt127
Senior Member
 
Sgt127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,417
Heard on an AM talk show this morning: Its hard not to vote for Santa Claus. Alot of people did.
Sgt127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 17:21   #30
RustyL
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 637
you are right, a storm is brewing, predicted by some jewish carpenter several centuries ago.
RustyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 17:25   #31
PAGunner
Senior Member
 
PAGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
One side says you have to work for what you have. The other side says, we'll give it to you and BTW the rich aren't paying thier fair share - that's why you don't/won't have it.

It's really not much more complicated than that.
It is a bit more complicated than that, the "issues", people's "sacred cow" is how many on the left voted, despite otherwise right of center principles. Abortion, gay marriage, marijuana and immigration, many voted on one of those single issues, almost no one voted for Romney on those issues, a great many voted for Obama based on one of those issues.

This is why I've been saying the religious right is dead, libertarian ideals are what the republican platform needs (and discussing issues) and we'll win, pure and simple.
__________________
M&P 40 CORE, M&P FS 40, M&P 40c, M&P 40 Shield
DDM4V1 LW, DDM4V5 LW, SCAR 17s, VEPR 12
PAGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 17:28   #32
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
So, those of us who vote on principal because we actually have morals and stand for something, should stop? Yeah, OK.

See, some people actually stand for something, and won't change their value system just to win a contest. Whether or not other people agree has no relationship as to what is right and what is wrong.

You're a part time cop. I'm sure you see people doing bad things all the time, but make excuses for it. Should we accept their excuses, simply because they believe a different way? Legality aside, since most states allow for wide discretion among misdemeanor offenses - simply because a subset of the population "believes" a position is moral, when it obviously is not - we shouldnt arrest them?

Yeah - you go with that moral relativism. Personally, I'll stick with my morals, and vote for what is right. My ethics are worth a bit more than an ultimately meaningless contest. I have to look at myself in the mirror every day, and have to answer to not only my family, but God. I've done enough bad things that I have to answer for - I don't need to add to the list.

But, you go ahead with pretending its OK to change your morals in order to win a contest. I don't have to answer for you.
It's not a meaningless contest. While you're looking at yourself in the mirror with pride while contemplating your principled vote , the decisions these people, politicians -Democrats and Republicans, make through appointments and legislation affect not only your life, but your family's as well. Legislation passed from how much money you can take home to your medical decisions has direct consequences. 1% of the popular vote doesn't amount to much, when there's no representation.
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.

Last edited by 427; 11-07-2012 at 17:32..
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 17:47   #33
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Good post Rabbi, but, as was said, the signal was clear last night. America prefers utopia, despite the cost.

There are generations of these people who think alike.

The republic may not be dead yet, but it took a hard hit again last night.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 18:57   #34
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 30,660


I am not going to quote each of you....but a lot of you keep saying (a lot of people everywhere, not just here) That the "dems are the party of (insert some group of people you dont like....)"

By saying that, you have missed the problem.

Yes, the dems do indeed have a base made up of the "gimme gimme" types....but that is not enough to elect them.

Once again, it is the moderate or the guy who is even on the right for a lot of things who sees the Republicans as the real enemy of freedom. (again, examples include women, gays, minorities and many others)

They have a point. Not all of them are "gimme gimme" folks and that creamy middle is what decides elections, not the extremes of each party that is easy to hate.

Folks, STOP just STOP deciding what the other guy is and hating on him for it. A lot of them have a point and is likely to vote YOUR way if you would stop endorsing a "you cant be that" or "we dont like that" political party.

If I was a gay it would be real hard to vote Republican, even if I agreed with much of what they stand for....but put yourself in their shoes for just a second. What good are the "good" policies of the Republican party if they Fng hate you and will use the law to oppress you?

The world is not as simple as sound bites on TV. Many of you would vote us into the stone age if it meant you get to keep your guns (yes you would) Well, open your mind for just a second and realize a lot of reasonable people feel the same way about a lot of other issues. Issues the Democrats are inclusive of while the Republicans exclude.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust

Last edited by Rabbi; 11-07-2012 at 18:58..
Rabbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 19:31   #35
canis latrans
Senior Member
 
canis latrans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 3,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
If I was a gay it would be real hard to vote Republican, even if I agreed with much of what they stand for....but put yourself in their shoes for just a second. What good are the "good" policies of the Republican party if they Fng hate you and will use the law to oppress you?
what laws do Republicans use to oppress gays?
canis latrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 19:41   #36
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 30,660


Quote:
Originally Posted by canis latrans View Post
what laws do Republicans use to oppress gays?
For one, DOMA. Bob Barr....(R) Don Nickles (R)



1996 Republican Party platform endorsed DOMA.

Bush proposed a constitutional amendment.

Yes, Clinton signed it...but he has backed down and Obama flat out wont enforce it.

There are simply so many examples. The other side of that is, it doesnt matter if it is real or imagined. Are you really going to say the Republicans are NOT the party agains gays?

They are, even if only a little. It doesnt matter how many Republicans arent or how little it is....they are and lose votes (and look damned stupid) because of it.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Rabbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 19:47   #37
50 Cent
Senior Member
 
50 Cent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Republic of Texas, CSA
Posts: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post

Because you and I cant stand him....doesnt change the fact he is a stone cold winner. Oh, that upsets me to no end, but it is still true.
Fine - scorched earth then. Last night the US became a nation of retards and cartoon watchers. Last nights result was like your neighbour's septic tank breaking due to his stupidity and flooding your living room with turds.

We DON'T unite behind this socialist scumbag - not unless you want to look like France and Greece and the plethora of other leftist basket cases.

Hit the vermin where you can personally:

* I've already cancelled any payroll type charitable contributions and will be making no more. Sorry you want to take my stuff, can't afford you.

* Email/phone/write letters or communicate with the Southern governors to withdraw all electrical tech support from the North-East. They played us, let'em starve and freeze to death. They played us, well, fine, we can put our people to good use on our own territory.

* Eliminate leftist organizations from those you do business
with. I've already reduced my Comcast to the bare minimum. When I told the rep I said "I might come back when Comcast drains the swamp at MSNBC." there was alot of sputtering at the end of the line.

* No aid whatsover to anyone who is a leftist. No social arrangements, no help of any kind - they are the enemy, not your friends and voted to destroy you. Let'em starve.

* No business where possible with union oriented enterprises
Thats obvious.

* No association with the leftist press - you can get enough truthful information online with contributing to the profitability
of basically terrorist propaganda organizations that helped throw the election to zero.

* On the GOP side, there has to be a relentless probing of this criminal administration's actions in Benghazi, Solyandra, Fast & Furious etc. Develop articles of impeachment, deliver them to the Senate where of course they will lapse - but they WILL get published. And again..and again. This is a criminal regime that gets Americans killed, destroys our credibility overseas, seeks to establish an alien / Socialist system. They have to be fought ever step of the way.

Its all just pinpricks - but 1000 pinpricks draws ALOT of blood.
This leftist scumbag only bested us in the popular vote by A couple of points, leaving enough furious people with a determined mindset that could hurt him and his minions of vermin.
__________________
#NoAWB #StandYourGround
50 Cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 19:50   #38
camelotkid
non-believer
 
camelotkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
It is a bit more complicated than that, the "issues", people's "sacred cow" is how many on the left voted, despite otherwise right of center principles. Abortion, gay marriage, marijuana and immigration, many voted on one of those single issues, almost no one voted for Romney on those issues, a great many voted for Obama based on one of those issues.

This is why I've been saying the religious right is dead, libertarian ideals are what the republican platform needs (and discussing issues) and we'll win, pure and simple.
exactly but unfortunately the religious right will kick and scream until the bitter end and will probably take the ship down with them.
camelotkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 19:51   #39
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 30,660


Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Cent View Post
Fine - scorched earth then. Last night the US became a nation of retards and cartoon watchers. Last nights result was like your neighbour's septic tank breaking due to his stupidity and flooding your living room with turds.

We DON'T unite behind this socialist scumbag - not unless you want to look like France and Greece and the plethora of other leftist basket cases.

Hit the vermin where you can personally:

* I've already cancelled any payroll type charitable contributions and will be making no more. Sorry you want to take my stuff, can't afford you.

* Email/phone/write letters or communicate with the Southern governors to withdraw all electrical tech support from the North-East. They played us, let'em starve and freeze to death. They played us, well, fine, we can put our people to good use on our own territory.

* Eliminate leftist organizations from those you do business
with. I've already reduced my Comcast to the bare minimum. When I told the rep I said "I might come back when Comcast drains the swamp at MSNBC." there was alot of sputtering at the end of the line.

* No aid whatsover to anyone who is a leftist. No social arrangements, no help of any kind - they are the enemy, not your friends and voted to destroy you. Let'em starve.

* No business where possible with union oriented enterprises
Thats obvious.

* No association with the leftist press - you can get enough truthful information online with contributing to the profitability
of basically terrorist propaganda organizations that helped throw the election to zero.

* On the GOP side, there has to be a relentless probing of this criminal administration's actions in Benghazi, Solyandra, Fast & Furious etc. Develop articles of impeachment, deliver them to the Senate where of course they will lapse - but they WILL get published. And again..and again. This is a criminal regime that gets Americans killed, destroys our credibility overseas, seeks to establish an alien / Socialist system. They have to be fought ever step of the way.

Its all just pinpricks - but 1000 pinpricks draws ALOT of blood.
This leftist scumbag only bested us in the popular vote by A couple of points, leaving enough furious people with a determined mindset that could hurt him and his minions of vermin.
Ok. I dont have a problem with that. You have a course of action. Not quite all the things I would do or how I would do them, but I do agree with the concept of 1000 pinpricks.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Rabbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 19:52   #40
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 30,660


Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotkid View Post
exactly but unfortunately the religious right will kick and scream until the bitter end and will probably take the ship down with them.
It sure seems like that is what they are doing.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Rabbi is online now   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:40.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,051
316 Members
735 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31