Originally Posted by MrGlock21
It doesn't matter whether you hold your nose, your family jewels or whether you pick your nose while pulling the lever. You vote what you vote.
Did you look at that D. Prager questionnaire?
Mind telling me how many of those liberal positions you hold?
1. Standards for admissions to universities, fire departments, etc. should be lowered for people of color.
Race should not be on the application. Applications should probably even be anonymous.
2. Bilingual education for children of immigrants, rather than immersion in English, is good for them and for America.
3. Murderers should never be put to death.
I believe in the death penalty. I also believe it is over applied. I'd rather 100 criminals be saved than one innocent put to death wrongly.
4. During the Cold War, America should have adopted a nuclear arms freeze.
This is a non-issue. We all had enough bombs to destroy the world 100 times over. MAD worked.
5. Colleges should not allow ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corps) programs.
ROTC is a great program. Many people in my family have served. Both my brothers and an uncle serve this country.
6. It was wrong to wage war against Saddam Hussein in the Gulf War.
Which one? The first one we were absolutely right. Second one we wasted a lot of money for what goal and what gain? We went from WMD’s to freeing the Iraqi people. The story kept changing.
7. Poor parents should not be allowed to have vouchers to send their children to private schools.
Undecided. I value public education. Served me well. I think a strong public education system ensures talent is given a path to the top. The country benefits from having the cream rise.
8. It is good that trial lawyers and teachers unions are the two biggest contributors to the Democratic Party.
Campaign finance reform. I am with McCain on this… money has made politics very dirty.
9. Marriage should be redefined from male-female to any two people.
In the eyes of government, civil unions for everyone. Government should not be in the business of marriage, and should only recognize the legal aspects of forming a union (health insurance, sharing assets, estates, making medical decisions for your partner).
10. A married couple should not have more of a right to adopt a child than two men or two women.
Not an issue to me. I’d rather have the child loved and taken care of. Have you ever read some of the scary foster situations children wind up in? Find children families… if they’re gay, so what. I do not care about peoples’ sexual preference.
11. The Boy Scouts should not be allowed to use parks or any other public places and should be prohibited from using churches and synagogues for their meetings.
Any organization should have access to public places.
12. The present high tax rates are good.
Taxes are lower than they’ve been in years. Taxes are necessary. Simplify the tax code. Infrastructure costs money. The public interest costs money. Some people think they shouldn’t have to pay for anything… until they need the help (i.e. FEMA). Government can’t run a-la-carte.
13. Speech codes on college campuses are good and American values.
Not all colleges have speech codes. Pretty easy to find one that matches your personal views.
14. The Israelis and Palestinians are morally equivalent.
I strongly support Israel’s right to exist.
15. The United Nations is a moral force for good in the world, and therefore America should be subservient to it and such international institutions as a world court.
The United Nations exists. Many times it is the only forum. It has value, but America should protect it’s interests.
16. It is good that colleges have dropped hundreds of men's sports teams in order to meet gender-based quotas.
I think colleges should drop sports. Waste of money. Takes resources away from education and are not a central purpose to land-grant institutions.
17. No abortions can be labeled immoral.
This issue will never be resolved. I think abortions should be allowed until the first trimester (arbitrary). I think contraception and sex education are needed in schools to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place and will do more to prevent abortions than abstinence. I think the morning after pill (which prevents conception from taking place) should be legal.
18. Restaurants should be prohibited by law from allowing customers to choose between a smoking and a non-smoking section.
I hate smoking. Smokers claim that they’re not bothering anyone is a false. It pollutes my air. I support smoking bans for public establishments.
19. High schools should make condoms available to students and teach them how to use them.
Yes. It will prevent abortions.
20. Racial profiling for terrorists is wrong -- a white American grandmother should as likely be searched as a Saudi young male.
Shouldn’t limit ourselves to race. We should take the Israeli approach to air travel security. TSA is kabuki theater.
21. Racism and poverty -- not a lack of fathers and a crisis of values -- are the primary causes of violent crime in the inner city.
All of those things are inter-related.
22. It is wrong and unconstitutional for students to be told, "God bless you" at their graduation.
Separate church and state.
23. No culture is morally superior to any other.
Waste of time to try to figure that out. America is a melting pot. We are unique. We have our own flaws. It is a waste of time to compare ourselves to other cultures. We should protect our interests.