Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:15   #1
Restless28

Secession Petition

Anybody catch the secession petition going around the web? I saw it on FB and it looks like its spreading across the nation. The WH has some sort of feedback thing, and someone came up with this.

I get the idea of opposition, but this cannot be serious.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:53   #2
tadbart
duuuuude.

it would take a state with lots of resources, infrastructure, and state pride to pull it off. i can think of one state that might MIGHT be able to make it work.

i wouldn't mind being a Texan, if they seceded.

G19
pointy stick
sharp wit
tadbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:58   #3
RonS

Yeah, I want to live in the modern equivalent of Poland. Stuck as a buffer state between the USSA and Mexico. Constant low level harrassment by the Mexican govt, drug cartels and coyotes bringing in more illegals with the US on the other side wringing their hands and imposing sanctions because of their unprogressive and inhumane policies. No thanks. I want CA, NY, Mass, NJ and the DC to seccede so we can build walls around them.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:50   #4
PettyOfficer

Doesn't help that Texas isn't producing all the oil anymore. Most of the major corporations will pull out. Some oil companies may stay, but it would take years for a newly recessed Texas to figure out how to operate, how to charge taxes again, etc. those companies that stay will be waiting a long time for the promises and benefits to pay off.

Meanwhile, all their employees who aren't locals (and of the big firms, that's a hefty %) will bail. Property values will plummet as people just leave. Empty houses will cause the banks to have huge losses, further weakening any financial structure that remains.

I live in Texas, work for a multinational corporation and can promise my company will pull out in a matter of weeks, possibly leaving all employees in the dust.

Texas will be the real Wild West as cities and states try to deal with funding issues and crime will be rampant. Without real US border security (all the Border Patrol agents will move to NM, OK, AR and LA) the Mexican cartels will flood the state.

This succession stuff is nonsense. It could possibly happen, but there are more Latinos in this state than angry white men dealing with their inferiority issues, so its very unlikely.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
PettyOfficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:55   #5
certifiedfunds
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadbart View Post
it would take a state with lots of resources, infrastructure, and state pride to pull it off. i can think of one state that might MIGHT be able to make it work.

i wouldn't mind being a Texan, if they seceded.
I don't think Texas can pull it off. They'd have a problem if they try to walk off their property with a gun exposed.

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:05   #6
Z71bill

Just the currency issue would be hard to figure out.

You want to be the first guy to change out your USD for Texas Pesos?

IMO this will not happen - but just consider -

If Texas and a few other states did put a plan together - decide to start a new country - the states that stick with the current USA would get to keep $17 trillion in debt and lose a pile of income tax revenue.

Credit rating of the OLD USA would drop to C- with a negative outlook.

New USA credit rating would be AA with a positive outlook.

Then NEW USA could manipulate its currency - take all the manufacturing jobs - and bring OLD USA to its knees.

I GOT IT~!!

All the states should secede. Leave DC standing all alone.

Maybe start over again with just the original constitution & Bill of Rights.

Last edited by Z71bill; 11-12-2012 at 08:10..
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:13   #7
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71bill View Post
Just the currency issue would be hard to figure out.

You want to be the first guy to change out your USD for Texas Pesos?

IMO this will not happen - but just consider -

If Texas and a few other states did put a plan together - decide to start a new country - the states that stick with the current USA would get to keep $17 trillion in debt and lose a pile of income tax revenue.

Credit rating of the OLD USA would drop to C- with a negative outlook.

New USA credit rating would be AA with a positive outlook.

Then NEW USA could manipulate its currency - take all the manufacturing jobs - and bring OLD USA to its knees.

I GOT IT~!!

All the states should secede. Leave DC standing all alone.

Maybe start over again with just the original constitution & Bill of Rights.

They would have to station their military at the borders to keep people out. Can you imagine the mass migration from close by states to Texas? Let the ones that wanna leave, leave.

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:19   #8
mac66
Plant the seed

First, I don't think the feds would allow secession.

Second, Even if they did, they could cripple any state's economy by putting high tariffs on anything going in or out of the new "country".

Third. States like everything else have been co-opted by federal money. Most states could not support their infrastructure without federal assistance.

Fourth, the feds would not just pull out of a state. They have military bases, national guard troops, federal facilities, federal land, etc, etc. They aren't going to walk away from that stuff. See first.

Fifth, what makes anyone think pulling out of the union is going to solve anything? State governments are as messed up, corrupt and inept as the feds.

Sixth, if by remote chance a state was allowed to break away, the Chinese would fill the economic void (if they haven't already) and own it.

I could go on and on how it's never, ever going to happen but you get idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:23   #9
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

we could form a "confederation of states"...........

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:23   #10
certifiedfunds
Tewwowist

If you want to pass a petition for something that might be possible and would actually make a real meaningful difference in restoring the republic, pass a petition to repeal the 17th Amendment and end the direct election of Senators. Give the states their voice back in SCOTUS confirmations, impeachment, legislation and end partisan politics.

The states can get this done.

Rush Limbaugh
Old 11-12-2012, 08:37   #11
Z71bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac66 View Post
First, I don't think the feds would allow secession.

- You think they will drop bombs on Dallas?

Second, Even if they did, they could cripple any state's economy by putting high tariffs on anything going in or out of the new "country".

Depends on which states leave - tariffs cut both ways - why don't we just put tariffs on China and crush their economy? Pull 20 states out of the USA and it is about the size of China.

Third. States like everything else have been co-opted by federal money. Most states could not support their infrastructure without federal assistance.

Where do you think the Federal government gets the cash to support all of this stuff? The states send $1 billion to DC - DC wastes 250 million and sends the rest back.

Fourth, the feds would not just pull out of a state. They have military bases, national guard troops, federal facilities, federal land, etc, etc. They aren't going to walk away from that stuff. See first. Let them stay - but what are they going to do - GO INTO court - NEW USA JUDGE will tell them to pound sand. See drop bombs on Dallas.

Fifth, what makes anyone think pulling out of the union is going to solve anything? State governments are as messed up, corrupt and inept as the feds.

Main reason states gov is messed up is because of all the federal BS.

Sixth, if by remote chance a state was allowed to break away, the Chinese would fill the economic void (if they haven't already) and own it. China would LOVE to help the USA split into two. Without all of the DC BS we could compete with China and KICK THIER BUTT.

I could go on and on how it's never, ever going to happen but you get idea.
BTW - I agree it is not going to happen.
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:04   #12
JBnTX
Texas

Anybody who thinks any state is going to secede from the union had better get their head examined.

It's just not going to happen, for a hundred reasons.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:07   #13
callihan_44
INFIDEL

I vote for the entire midwest to sucede

Last edited by callihan_44; 11-12-2012 at 10:07..
callihan_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:30   #14
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP

I'm all for the secession from USA. We had enough of liberals and they will take care of themselves.
Glock30Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 13:06   #15
SCmasterblaster

States, don't leave the USA, BHO took awhile to know that there are 50 states and not 57. A new number will confuse him.
Old 11-12-2012, 13:24   #16
snerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
If you want to pass a petition for something that might be possible and would actually make a real meaningful difference in restoring the republic, pass a petition to repeal the 17th Amendment and end the direct election of Senators. Give the states their voice back in SCOTUS confirmations, impeachment, legislation and end partisan politics.

The states can get this done.
This.

http://repeal17now.org/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 13:26   #17
certifiedfunds
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerd View Post
People who really understand what is broken in this country understand this

Rush Limbaugh
Old 11-12-2012, 13:30   #18
GAFinch

The One got 40% of the vote in Texas and 40-45% in other red states. Secession is pointless. I too agree with the repeal 17th idea.
Old 11-12-2012, 18:20   #19
callihan_44
INFIDEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
The One got 40% of the vote in Texas and 40-45% in other red states. Secession is pointless. I too agree with the repeal 17th idea.

with the texas economy doing better than average and what is going on in california i suspect I-40 is the gateway for texas to be swung closer to blue
callihan_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:49   #20
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregoryb View Post
we could form a "confederation of states"...........
I like it.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote