GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 20:14   #21
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
You don't have to abandon your morals, exercise them freely in you state but keep them out of federal elections as they do not belong there.
Funny Ryan was the one who said that Marijuana was a State issue and Obama is the one who sent the DEA to bust the State-legal dispensaries, yet the "Libertarians" seem happy Obama won?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:28   #22
chickenwing
Senior Member
 
chickenwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,794
I think the boot in the *** concerning Mitt and Ryan's campaign was daring to mention changes to SSI and MC in Ryan's budget. Even though the plan was labeled radical, it didn't come close to balancing the budget until "2040". I truly think it is more of a third rail than welfare, even though both programs are part of a welfare state.

Keep blaming welfare, food stamps and minorities, but it's a drop in the bucket compared with the big three that eat up all of the budget in relation to other government redistribution schemes. More people have a stake. And the GOP is just alienating anyone who is in this group instead of educating them on the principles of sound economics. One inroad I think they can learn from the liberty movement. Which is taking full advantage of educating the young ins, giving them a different option, instead of contempt and using them as scapegoats.

Mitt couldn't separate himself from Barry policy wise either in any meaningful way besides talking points. Mitt was on both sides of every issue. Easy fodder.

The GOP and talking heads crapped on libertarian and independent leaning voters. And marginalized the only candidate that is a fiscal conservative and socially liberal.

Mitt did a OK job of not making social issues the center piece of his campaign, but I think he couldn't separate himself from the stigma the GOP gets in that regard, and rightfully so sometimes.



Personal I think Barry had this one in the bag to begin with despite his failures and whoever the GOP ran as a candidate.



Bottom line, I lost this election like a lot of folks. Twice in fact, the primary and the general. It is what it is.

The boulder has been rushing down the mountain since the early 20th century. Doesn't matter if it's the right or left side of the mountain. People like government and not just welfare. There are too many sacred cows to count.

Buckle up, take care of you and yours. Don't become dependent on the government for ANYTHING.
__________________
Quote:
...don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men!..
Charlie Chaplin -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by chickenwing; 11-07-2012 at 20:46..
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:29   #23
porschedog
Senior Member
 
porschedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 814
Romney lost because the other side had more folks pull the D lever

If you give enough free stuff to stupid people, you win the election
__________________
That's Casey, my dachshund, in the avatar pic, making sure the Beneful bag is Really 100% empty.

NRA Life Member / Creepy-Ass Cracker
Florida Glockers #172126

Last edited by porschedog; 11-07-2012 at 20:29..
porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:32   #24
chickenwing
Senior Member
 
chickenwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Funny Ryan was the one who said that Marijuana was a State issue and Obama is the one who sent the DEA to bust the State-legal dispensaries, yet the "Libertarians" seem happy Obama won?
I agree with Ryan.

Barry is a giant hypocrite.

Romney is a flip-flopper.

And yes I am happy. Fedzilla will not keep me down.
__________________
Quote:
...don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men!..
Charlie Chaplin -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by chickenwing; 11-07-2012 at 20:41..
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:34   #25
JVMHGF
NRA Life Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: ILL
Posts: 1,044
Latino vote. On the morning of the election, I read an article written by a latino that he believed 78% of Latino's would be voting for Obama. When I read that, that's when I felt it would no longer be a close election, and that's what happened. I don't know how Romney could have missed that, but I hope in the future, the Republicans do not make that mistake again. Just my two cents ...
JVMHGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:34   #26
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by porschedog View Post
Romney lost because the other side had more folks pull the D lever

If you give enough free stuff to stupid people, you win the election
DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner!
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:44   #27
Snowman92D
Senior Member
 
Snowman92D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 4,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
I agree with Ryan.

Barry is a giant hypocrite.

Romney was a flip-flopper.

And yes I am happy. Fedzilla will not keep me down.
Trouble is, Fedzilla (with Hussein at the helm) is about to run over the cliff. When that happens, his re-organization plan is gonna use communism as the template...and your dope will still be illegal. As much as you'd wish otherwise, pure anarchy...with all its "freedom"...never lasts long.
Snowman92D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 21:10   #28
chickenwing
Senior Member
 
chickenwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post
Trouble is, Fedzilla (with Hussein at the helm) is about to run over the cliff. When that happens, his re-organization plan is gonna use communism as the template...and your dope will still be illegal. As much as you'd wish otherwise, pure anarchy...with all its "freedom"...never lasts long.
Trouble is we are still heading off a cliff if Mitt won. You old bastards(I mean that in the nicest way possible) and Barry and Mitt wont be around or in office when the bill is due. So why would I think they or you(general) even give a damn. And neither of their plans let the market correct itself. It's all about keeping the *******s that have voted for the demise and further despotism of America from feeling any pain through debt.



Ah, the old dope line. Well done. How much beer you drink?



And no, I'm not an anarchist. The fact that you equate Libertarianism with Anarchism tells me one thing for sure. You don't know anything about political philosophy do you?

Is there a problem with voluntary action, "freedom" for you?

Don't worry though, the police state is in firm control. Crazy libertarian, anarchist(? ) are the least of your worries.
__________________
Quote:
...don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men!..
Charlie Chaplin -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 21:17   #29
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post

Don't worry though, the police state is in firm control. Crazy libertarian, anarchist(? ) are the least of your worries.
They were never much more than an annoyance really. The left won't embrace fiscal responsibility and without that the Libertarians of today are nothing more than liberal democrats anyway,with goofier candidates.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 21:27   #30
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,279


Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
They were never much more than an annoyance really. The left won't embrace fiscal responsibility and without that the Libertarians of today are nothing more than liberal democrats anyway,with goofier candidates.
Liberty.......it's so annoying.
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 21:32   #31
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Liberty.......it's so annoying.
To statists
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 21:33   #32
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Liberty.......it's so annoying.
Funny nobody ever mentions responsibility when they throw that word around. I guess some folks don't connect the two.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 22:51   #33
evlbruce
Senior Member
 
evlbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,516
Great summary Ruble.
__________________
Big Brother is Watching You.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzi
evlbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 22:58   #34
Captain Ron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVMHGF View Post
Latino vote. On the morning of the election, I read an article written by a latino that he believed 78% of Latino's would be voting for Obama. When I read that, that's when I felt it would no longer be a close election, and that's what happened. I don't know how Romney could have missed that, but I hope in the future, the Republicans do not make that mistake again. Just my two cents ...
This is so wrong on so many levels.

Last edited by Captain Ron; 11-07-2012 at 23:00..
Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 23:34   #35
milglock707
Senior Member
 
milglock707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 381
Many of my friends that are Republican did not vote for Romney (they voted third party, did write ins, or simply stayed home) so I think the lack of voting killed Romney. If your base is not coming out then there is a problem.

I think the best quote from one of my Republican friends was "the GOP sold out to the Tea Party and for that they are not getting my vote." Now I hear the Tea Party wants to put forth even more conservative people, or as they put it, "true conservatives" and none of these moderates like Romney, McCain, or Christie. I find this insane.

Kick the tea party out and give Rubio or someone like him a shot. The old guard of the Republican party needs to retire and let its members that are in touch with reality lead the party instead.
__________________
Es lebe die Freiheit -- Long live freedom.
milglock707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 23:50   #36
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,279


Quote:
Originally Posted by milglock707 View Post
Many of my friends that are Republican did not vote for Romney (they voted third party, did write ins, or simply stayed home) so I think the lack of voting killed Romney. If your base is not coming out then there is a problem.

I think the best quote from one of my Republican friends was "the GOP sold out to the Tea Party and for that they are not getting my vote." Now I hear the Tea Party wants to put forth even more conservative people, or as they put it, "true conservatives" and none of these moderates like Romney, McCain, or Christie. I find this insane.

Kick the tea party out and give Rubio or someone like him a shot. The old guard of the Republican party needs to retire and let its members that are in touch with reality lead the party instead.
One thing is certain, the spin is on heavy to affect the minds of Republicans right now to move the party even further left.
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 23:54   #37
milglock707
Senior Member
 
milglock707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
One thing is certain, the spin is on heavy to affect the minds of Republicans right now to move the party even further left.
I would vote Republican again if they would just drop abortion and religion from the ticket. I am voting for a politician, not a minister. I expect my minister to care about my soul, not my governor.
__________________
Es lebe die Freiheit -- Long live freedom.
milglock707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 23:54   #38
SDDL-UP
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,043
Romney lost because he's OBAMA LITE and a lot of people just aren't into "LITE".

ruble noon's assertion that "conservatism" means you need to be pro-abortion, pro-"whatever" marriage, is wrong. Last I checked being a conservative meant having some basic moral values. You want no morals - the democrats will welcome you with open arms! Just leave those 20oz. soda's at the door....
__________________
"Arm yourself, arm a friend!"
SDDL-UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 00:05   #39
milglock707
Senior Member
 
milglock707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDL-UP View Post
Romney lost because he's OBAMA LITE and a lot of people just aren't into "LITE".

ruble noon's assertion that "conservatism" means you need to be pro-abortion, pro-"whatever" marriage, is wrong. Last I checked being a conservative meant having some basic moral values. You want no morals - the democrats will welcome you with open arms! Just leave those 20oz. soda's at the door....
I am an atheist but am a moral person. A person's political affiliation is not indicative of a moral person. If you are a Christian and follow the teachings of Christ it should not matter what party that person is in because all decisions should be made according to their belief system. However, as a politician you should vote in accordance what is best for your country and constituents, not what he or she believes. Of course, it would be nice if a politician put what they believed out into the public and they were elected based upon those beliefs -- this is often not the case.

To say the Democrats are immoral is ignorant. I can point to a list of immoral Republicans. A person's political affiliation has nothing to do with morals. Oskar Schindler was a Nazi but many would argue a moral person when it mattered most. I look at the person, not the title they hold or the party the are a member of.
__________________
Es lebe die Freiheit -- Long live freedom.
milglock707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 00:15   #40
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
JohnnyReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEMA REGION III
Posts: 5,173
The future of the republican party its to become more libertarian. Smaller goverment, more freedom, less taxes.

Leave abortion, gay marriage, and Marijuana to the states.

Look at how many states voted to make Marijuana legal? Popular opinion is quickly changing towards making the substance legal.

The GOP better make a change, and quickly or go the way of past parties.



posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Confederate General Albert Pike: The struggle against oppressive authority is universal and eternal.
JohnnyReb is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:17.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 750
204 Members
546 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31