Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:21   #61
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDL-UP View Post
Romney lost because he's OBAMA LITE and a lot of people just aren't into "LITE".

The idiots who thought there was no difference between the two are in for a rude awakening.

I agree Romney was flawed and I was never entirely happy with him. But he was worlds of difference from Zero.

Wait till O-care arrives tell me how it feels. Sometimes t0 get a mules attention you have to whack him tween the eyes with a 2x4.

The 2x4 is on the way. I promise you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:22   #62
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I am responsible for myself and my family. What other responsibilites are you referring to? Paying for some old stranger's retirement?
Thingsl ike serving your Country if called or Jury Duty

Oh wait, your from the "Me" generation, never mind

I won't even get into being a good citizen and possibily serving/helping your community. You will "debate" that into the ground. Foriegn concepts.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:28   #63
Ringo S.

Romney lost because americans became nation of morons. Yes! All of them!
There is no doubt about Obama voters, all clear about them. But republicans! After 4 years of Obama, less republicans came to vote, then in 2008! After 4 years of Obamanomics!!! And those reasons, why some republicans didn't vote!: "Romney is mormon! Romney is against women(thanks a lot '******mericans!"), Romney is not enough conservative! etc." And because of THAT you prefer enemy of the state in charge of the country?!
I am sorry(actually, I am not), but until Obama in White house, americans deserve to be called morons. All of them. One spoon of tar spoils barrel of honey. This barrel half full of ****... Bon appetite!
Ringo S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:34   #64
iiibbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
You don't have to be pro abortion, pro gay, to be conservative you have to be pro small government. Using the government to enforce social issues is not small government.
You can have all the morals you want. You can even run around with Fred Phelps and shout god hates fags at military funerals if that's what trips your trigger, just keep social issues out of politics on a national level.
--this--
Jude 1:10 "But these people scoff at things they do not understand. Like unthinking animals, they do whatever their instincts tell them, and so they bring about their own destruction."
iiibbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:43   #65
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Thingsl ike serving your Country if called or Jury Duty
Libertarians today won't do those things? That's what you're saying essentially, no?

Quote:
Oh wait, your from the "Me" generation, never mind
I thought the "Me" generation would be the generation voting to protect their handouts from Social Security and Medicare. Considering that those two items cost more than 50% of federal revenue and are wrecking the country financially while enslaving unborn generations to debt slavery, wouldn't that be considered selfish?

You have a funny definition of the "Me" generation.

Quote:
I won't even get into being a good citizen and possibily serving/helping your community. You will "debate" that into the ground. Foriegn concepts.
I'm curious why you would say that. Are you one of these Republican statists who can't differentiate between objecting to excess taxation and wealth redistribution, and charitable giving and community service?

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:58   #66
iiibbb

Quote:
Libertarians today won't do those things? That's what you're saying essentially, no?

I thought the "Me" generation would be the generation voting to protect their handouts from Social Security and Medicare. Considering that those two items cost more than 50% of federal revenue and are wrecking the country financially while enslaving unborn generations to debt slavery, wouldn't that be considered selfish?

I'm curious why you would say that. Are you one of these Republican statists who can't differentiate between objecting to excess taxation and wealth redistribution, and charitable giving and community service?

SF--- I know we've had some conceptual disagreements over the past 24 hrs, but we are not that far apart... particularly with regards to SS and Medicare.. The people who should lose those benefits are the people who have the legacy of voting in governments that made them too bloated in the first place. As for me... I am not banking on them and have made other arrangements... I've more or less written them off.
Jude 1:10 "But these people scoff at things they do not understand. Like unthinking animals, they do whatever their instincts tell them, and so they bring about their own destruction."
iiibbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 13:16   #67
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiibbb View Post
SF--- I know we've had some conceptual disagreements over the past 24 hrs, but we are not that far apart... particularly with regards to SS and Medicare.. The people who should lose those benefits are the people who have the legacy of voting in governments that made them too bloated in the first place. As for me... I am not banking on them and have made other arrangements... I've more or less written them off.
Wouldn't GT be boring if we all agreed all the time?

Rush Limbaugh
Old 11-08-2012, 13:16   #68
brickboy240

I am pro-choice, don't care if gays marry and believe in evolution.

I am also a huge proponent of small and very limited government.

Not every small govt. person is a religious kook....that is utter nonsense.

-brickboy240
Old 11-08-2012, 13:36   #69
countrygun

Quote:

Nice try at deflecting, Cupcake. When I said many who speak of "liberty" don't mention the responsibility that comes with it you replied.

"I am responsible for myself and my family. What other responsibilites are you referring to? Paying for some old stranger's retirement? "

can't deflect away from the fact you had to be reminded of responsibilities, because you couldn't think of any you felt you had, besides to yourself and your family.

That's pretty plain and obvoius.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 13:47   #70
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Nice try at deflecting, Cupcake. When I said many who speak of "liberty" don't mention the responsibility that comes with it you replied.

"I am responsible for myself and my family. What other responsibilites are you referring to? Paying for some old stranger's retirement? "

can't deflect away from the fact you had to be reminded of responsibilities, because you couldn't think of any you felt you had, besides to yourself and your family.

That's pretty plain and obvoius.
Ok, Fudgesicle, you were speaking of the "Libertarians of today"
Here, let me quote it for you:

Quote:
They were never much more than an annoyance really. The left won't embrace fiscal responsibility and without that the Libertarians of today are nothing more than liberal democrats anyway,with goofier candidates.
I am not responsible for serving on jury duty or serving in the armed forces. I am legally obligated to do both if called. That is an obligation, not a responsibility.

Again I ask you: As you see it, is one of my responsibilities in exchange for my liberty , to pay for the retirement of some old person I don't know?

Furthermore, if the government can force me to pay for another man's retirement, how can I claim to have liberty?

Rush Limbaugh

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 11-08-2012 at 16:23..
Old 11-08-2012, 15:20   #71
Pythonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
The idiots who thought there was no difference between the two are in for a rude awakening.

I agree Romney was flawed and I was never entirely happy with him. But he was worlds of difference from Zero.

Wait till O-care arrives tell me how it feels. Sometimes t0 get a mules attention you have to whack him tween the eyes with a 2x4.

Aint that the truth!

But expecting the people who voted for Zero to understand that it's Zero's fault they're being forced to pay penalties and that their employers no longer offer health care coverage because of Obamacare is probably giving them credit for more brains than they were born with.

NRA Member
Big Dawg #1364
G19 G26 G30 G21 All Gen 3!
Pythonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 16:04   #72
tslex

Quote:
Why did he lose? People didn't show up to vote for him. Romney garnered over 2 million less votes than did McCain while Obama was down 10 million votes over 2008.
Why did Romney get less votes the McCain? Because Romney is to the left of McCain. Conservatives don't want to vote for a progressive liberal. I'm sure the establishment mentality is to run someone further left than Romney in 2016 and repeat their loss. Maybe the republicans can run Valerie Jarret as they continue on their quest to appease the democrat party.

For all their talk and experience in business the republican party can't put together a winning model in the political arena. Why? Because they have failed to adjust to their market. They are going the way of buggy manufacturers if they do not retool.

If the republican party is to ever have any relevance they need to quit trying to out democrat the democrats and move back to conservatism.

Conservatism. What is conservatism? Conservatism is small government, fiscal responsibility and more freedom. That's what conservatism is about. What the party has become however is something totally different and we call that neoconservatism or social conservatism. Neocons believe in using the government to impress their morals upon others. This is more government, this is statism and is not conservatism. Until the republican party learns this, they will continue to lose.
You lose in these areas:
Abortion. My sate, Kansas, is the reddest of red. Churches are like convenience stores in that they are located on every corner yet, in this red state of mine, late term abortion is available. When our AG perpetrated an illegal war on abortion we gave him the boot. Abortion is legal. Yes it is taking a life but you can't change the fact that it is legal. Accept it, pray for people seeking abortions if you must but move on.
Gays: Like it or not, gays are people too and are guaranteed the same rights under the COTUS as anyone else. If you have a hang up on gays take the words of my pastor to heart, love the sinner hate the sin. Accept gays for who and what they are and move on.
Gay marriage: It is going to happen sooner or later. The republicans might as well capitalize on it and embrace it. Is gay marriage going to hurt you? No. Is gay marriage going to change your marriage in any way? No. Is the collapse of the economy because you fail to embrace people outside your norm and by doing so cutting you out of the political process going to have any effect on you? Absolutely. Move on.

Now a bunch of you people are going to look at the above points and claim that's liberal. In the classical sense, you would be right. In modern use of the term, you'd be wrong.
When you advocate government using force to instill your morals or agenda on the populace do not complain when the other side reciprocates and turns government on you.

Some of you are blaming the other side for yesterdays defeat and some of you will no doubt blame the libertarians. Let me ask you, if a quarterback throws an interception and the other team scores points off of that interception is it the other teams fault or is it the fault of the quarterback for throwing the ball to the wrong team?
Holy cow. I agree with every word Ruble Noon just wrote.

Current post:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The Ugliest of Things
tslex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:55   #73
MartinRiggs1987

Quote:
Um no. They're not.

Not ALL of them.

Some of them are great!

Some of them best be left in the boxcar the crazy train is pulling.

And whoever harvests just the good ideas best define the opponent before they define him or we will be on the sidelines again.
Half of them are, half of them aren't. When Obama puts your foreign policy into action, it isn't a marketable idea.
MartinRiggs1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:59   #74
MartinRiggs1987

Quote:

The sad thing was I too was nonplussed with Romney. But I continued to pay attention. The man grew as a candidate and a man. He became comfortable enough to reveal a good man and not a negligible copy of Obama. Unfortunately, too many souls flipped the channel and never tuned back. Their mistake and our loss. And people think liberals are the ones who make snap decisions.
MartinRiggs1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:20   #75
cajun_chooter

Romney lost because of the electorial vote.. it can be minipulated... presidential election should be by popular vote.. why is it every other election is decided by popular vote... obama had his czars in place to make sure he won.. so we are stuck with the kenyan negro for another 4 years..
america as we knew it.. is D.O.A.
cajun_chooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:28   #76
Stubudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinRiggs1987 View Post
Half of them are, half of them aren't. When Obama puts your foreign policy into action, it isn't a marketable idea.
What in the world does obama have to do with RP on foreign policy. Obama and romney might as well be identical on foreign policy compared to RP. Either you don't know what RP's position is, or you don't know obama's, or more likely, both.

Stubudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:42   #77
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Well said, OP.

The failure to defeat liberals is mostly about the corruption of true conservatism.

Moralists and Statists have co-opted the Republican party, and created devisive social issues on which to base their platitudes.

The other major factor is that too many of the people of this country believe that the have's should indeed support the have-nots, and that somehow it's OK to abandon the notion that intelligence and hard work are required to reach the pinnacle of that which our culture deems 'success.'

We are becoming lazy, both physically and intellectually,and the the vultures are coming to feed.

We have the answer right in front of us - libertarianism. But we don't want to make the sacrifices as a nation to return to a time when individual rights were sacred, America came first, and the government worked for the People.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks

Last edited by eracer; 11-09-2012 at 07:44..
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:18   #78
maxsnafu

Quote:
You don't have to abandon your morals, exercise them freely in you state but keep them out of federal elections as they do not belong there.
If the Left will keep their morals, such as they are, out of Federal elections, I will keep mine out. But I'm not going to unilaterally disarm--which is what you're calling for.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:36   #79
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
Why Romney lost
Because the American people saw right through him. Just the stupid comments alone about women and rape lost him votes.

He didn't even win in his own states ..what the hell does that tell ya?
+1

Paul Ryan is very popular in Wisconsin. He represents District 1. District 1 is home to Janesville, WI - which prior to the GM plant's failure, was a union member's dream. Ryan has been the area's rep for I believe 14 years. Generally speaking, union members vote Democrat.

Its also home to Racine, kenosha and Walworth counties-again areas which have voted Democratic for decades.

The point is they see past the Republican flag he flies and have voted for him as their rep for the past seven elections.

I would love to see Paul Ryan run for president in 2016 if this country still exists by then.

Quote:
Ahh, the perfect candidate.
If I ran I would be the perfect candidate for myself.
If you ran you would be the perfect candidate for yourself.
I think we should shoot for a candidate that doesn't suck.
I think we should quit looking to past losers to become future winners.
I know myself too well, I know my skeletons...trust me, I'm not anyone's perfect candidate

Romney's loss was predictable; so much so I placed two $500 bets in March O would win. I would have run those numbers up to $5,000 if the other side would have been willing.

Romney's loss was also so blase' I'm surprised they even put his name on the ticket in the end.

Republicans haven't put forth a decent candidate in decades. Romney and McCain were lambs to slaughter?

Romney's loss could be tied to so many issues its hard to pick just one. 1) His complete lack of connection to a huge Hispanic base 2) his inability to keep to his political/personal compass on issues 3) the fact the Republican party is in shambles. The Democrats have mobilized nearly every small group they can and have successfully convinced them to vote for them. Immigrants, seniors, college students, gays, etc. Small groups but combined they have a lot of votes
Old 11-09-2012, 08:53   #80
GAFinch

Quote:
The religious right is not the powerhouse that it once was and even within their ranks their ideology is shifting. Look at the Catholic nuns that went out campaigning for contraception. A lot of people think Tuesday's election was a referendum on conservatism, I see it differently. I see it as a referendum on neo conservatism, something some of us have been fighting against since '92 and before.
The nun bus tour consisted of a whopping two nuns.