SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:08   #1
twogunjay

Glock 21 RTF Question....

Hi Guys,

Quick question. Are the Glock 21 SF RTF's still in demand? Reason I was asking is because I obtained three of them and they will be coming into my shop this week. Thanks for the insight!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
twogunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 13:31   #2
bac1023

I heard a bunch more were just "released".

I'm not sure about demand though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 20:22   #3
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

I ordered one myself, and as far as demand, yeah I think so down the road when they're no longer made. Current demand depends, because honestly I'm not sure too many are even knowledgeable that the G21sf RTF2 even exists, most RTF2 models are somewhat sought after.

Last edited by SDGlock23; 06-03-2012 at 20:26..
SDGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 13:27   #4
Firecop203

I've been interested in one for a while now, but there are none that I can find nearby to look at. I've been told that the grip is smaller and more comfortable to shoot. I'd like to know the grip measurements as compared to a Standard 21SF. The smaller the better for me.

And no, I'm not switching to a 1911 platform with a single stack cause they're smaller. I already tried that and didn't like it.
“Neither cold, nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for the sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another.”
Benjamin Franklin
Firecop203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 15:42   #5
twogunjay

They will be in tomorrow and I will probably throw a few up on the classifieds.

Old 06-05-2012, 21:24   #6
slo5r
New here

Glockmeister still shows them in stock.

Any word on where this latest production run came from and how many were produced or released?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:46   #7
Firecop203

Twogunjay says he has some coming, Ed's Public Safety was advertising some as trade in's recently and I just saw the ad on Glockmeister. It sounds like there are quite a few out there.

Just none around here to look at. I'd buy one today if I could check it out.
“Neither cold, nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for the sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another.”
Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Firecop203; 06-06-2012 at 07:47..
Old 06-06-2012, 16:54   #8
twogunjay

There weren't that many released from what I have heard. The gun is a SF model with glock rail and the RTF texture. Honestly, they are very comfortable.

Old 06-06-2012, 20:25   #9
Shaker223
Boost Rules

I ordered one for the novelty. I currently have a std G21 and love it as is.

This would even things up...2 1911 based .45s and two Glocks.
Shaker223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:53   #10
Dogman 10x

Are these from the Arkansas state police batch from a few years back!?

Do you have a serial number prefix that you could
Post?
Dogman 10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 19:29   #11
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

Picked mine up today, very nice. The date on the case envelope is 5-21-12, serial prefix is PZA. Newer Glocks have the caliber and other marks stamped further back on the barrel, this one is the older style that's marked further forward on the barrel hood.

My other (newer) G21sf has a SAW prefix with the newer stamps on the bbl, but the date on the envelope is earlier than this RTF2. I would say they found a stash of these somewhere since the date on the envelope is recent, but the pistols have to be older than that because of the bbl markings and earlier serial prefix.

Last edited by SDGlock23; 06-07-2012 at 19:54..
Old 06-08-2012, 09:06   #12
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

Here you go, I put a pair of Ameriglo Pro I-Dot's on there, and an ext. slide stop/release. I'm pleased with it!

The 21 Club
The 21 Club
The 21 Club
The 21 Club
Old 06-08-2012, 17:29   #13
Firecop203

Can you do a comparison of the sizes of the 21SF and the 21SF RTF-2?

I'm very curious about the differences. I have money just burning in my hand to get one, but I don't want to just run out and get one and find that it's the same as the 21SF that I already own.
Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-08-2012, 18:18   #14
twogunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecop203 View Post
Can you do a comparison of the sizes of the 21SF and the 21SF RTF-2?

I'm very curious about the differences. I have money just burning in my hand to get one, but I don't want to just run out and get one and find that it's the same as the 21SF that I already own.
They appear to be the same size. Just rough textured frame.

Old 06-08-2012, 18:46   #15
Firecop203

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogunjay View Post
They appear to be the same size. Just rough textured frame.
I was afraid of that. Dang it.
Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-09-2012, 14:47   #16
Dogman 10x

I got one!!!
Old 06-09-2012, 21:15   #17
Dogman 10x

So these are an old stash- but glock put newer barrels on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
Picked mine up today, very nice. The date on the case envelope is 5-21-12, serial prefix is PZA. Newer Glocks have the caliber and other marks stamped further back on the barrel, this one is the older style that's marked further forward on the barrel hood.

My other (newer) G21sf has a SAW prefix with the newer stamps on the bbl, but the date on the envelope is earlier than this RTF2. I would say they found a stash of these somewhere since the date on the envelope is recent, but the pistols have to be older than that because of the bbl markings and earlier serial prefix.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:48   #18
twogunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman 10x View Post
So these are an old stash- but glock put newer barrels on?
No, they were manufactured 3 weeks ago.

Old 06-10-2012, 13:35   #19
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

I don't personally think they were manufactured 3 weeks ago. The barrel markings are the older style, which to me, means they were test fired at the factory 3 weeks ago but not made then. My other G21sf was manufactured back in late August 2011 and has the newer style barrel markings. The RTF2 G21sf's have the older style barrel markings and a P series prefix, which means...well I don't know. I'm thinking sometime in 2010 perhaps.

Additionally my G20sf, 23 gen4, and gen3 19 have shinier slides than the RTF2 G21sf not to mention the new barrel markings, and these did truly roll off the line in the last few months.

"SAW***" G21sf = newer style bbl markings made in August 2011
"PZA***" G21sf RTF2 = old style bbl markings, newer test fire date of May 2012 but an earlier serial number prefix. Also note in the Glock serial number project thread there is listed a G21sf (not RTF2) with a "PZB" prefix listed as made in Dec 2010.

That's why I think they're older guns just recently released to the public.

Last edited by SDGlock23; 06-10-2012 at 13:42..
Old 06-23-2012, 18:51   #20
Firecop203

I got to handle one today at the local gunshow. I was really surprised to see it there at the dealers table. It had a price of $529.00 on the tag. It was brand new, not used. I picked it up and fondled it for a few minutes and I was REALLY DISAPPOINTED.

I WAS SHOCKED. It felt bigger in my hands than the 21SF I already own. I was SO GLAD I didn't buy one sight unseen from one of the out of state dealers.
Benjamin Franklin