Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-10-2012, 00:14   #21
Gunnut 45/454

G17Jake
So if we go that route it will only take about 280 years to pay it off!! Thats if we take every dime the rich make ! And of course this will be if we don't spend a penny over what we take in normal taxes. That will not sit well with the Messiah as he wants to spend atleast 1 trillion over what they take in for the next 4 years! So it's a pointless exersise! Cause unless the spending stops it will never end! But this is exactly what the Messiah wants- to totally destroy our country. The Change he ran on-Forward to collapse.

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 11-10-2012 at 00:22..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 00:17   #22
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
There's not enough money in the world to cover the debt and the unfunded liabilities.
But hey, the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs could fund the steel industry for 1000 years....
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:28   #23
Skyhook

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
Who cares.

I'm part of the 47%!

Spyder

Posted with TapTalk from my ObamaPhone
So, all this time it's just been about Spyder.................gee, who'd have guessed.
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:24   #24
G17Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
G17Jake
So if we go that route it will only take about 280 years to pay it off!! Thats if we take every dime the rich make ! And of course this will be if we don't spend a penny over what we take in normal taxes. That will not sit well with the Messiah as he wants to spend atleast 1 trillion over what they take in for the next 4 years! So it's a pointless exersise! Cause unless the spending stops it will never end! But this is exactly what the Messiah wants- to totally destroy our country. The Change he ran on-Forward to collapse.
It may not make sense to you and me, but to Obama it is the fair thing to do.

Obama wants the government to play whack-a-mole with the achievers. When one starts to reap the benefits of their hard work, the government knocks them back down in the name of fairness.

Last edited by G17Jake; 11-10-2012 at 07:31..
G17Jake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:55   #25
Vic777

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
What makes you think they have any intentions of paying it off?
The lieberal solution will be the "easy" one. First ring up a Thirty Trillion Debt by the end of Obama's reign, then elect Biden. Biden will default on the dept offering China a One cent on the dollar plus Alaska,(the only Red State) take it or leave it offer. This will have been his major Campaign plank. -- stick it to the Rich Chinese ---Gasoline will not be for sale at any price. There will be no fuel for the Military. It will be fun to watch on my solar powered TV. George Clooney will be making Five Billion per picture.

Last edited by Vic777; 11-10-2012 at 08:04..
Vic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:00   #26
JBnTX
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic777 View Post
The lieberal solution will be the "easy" one. First ring up a Thirty Trillion Debt by the end of Obama's reign, then elect Biden. Biden will default on the dept offering China a One cent on the dollar take it or leave it offer. This will have been his major Campaign plank. -- stick it to the Rich Chinese ---Gasoline will not be for sale at any price. It will be fun to watch on my solar powered TV.
That's probably not far from the truth.
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:11   #27
maxsnafu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
There's no ironclad promise to pay out all that money. They pass a bill reforming the programs and a chunk of the unfunded liability disappears. Four more years of not tackling this, which they absolutely won't now, makes the problem a good bit worse as the debt compounds each year instead of increasing at a flat rate.
No matter what the fate of future Medicare-SocSec recipients one thing you can bet on: Welfare recipients WILL be taken care of. "Our" government is afraid of them.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:22   #28
dukeblue91

Quote:
Or if every man woman and child gave $1 a year it would take 44 years to pay the dept.
So lets tax every man women and child equally accross the board $100! For the next ten years and pay it off! No refunds until it's done! I'm sure all those that don't pay taxes will agree right? Anyone think Sandra Fluke wound give up sex to pay her share? Naw she'd exspect the Gov. to pay for right! Oh another thing this will be cash only! No checks, credit cards!
I actually think that this would be a doable thing to do and I'm sure if there was a real plan like that there would be some people to volunteer to pay a little more.
Even the lower class could have it deducted from food stamps or other programs at like $9 per month.

On the flip site with the current administration it would go to way more spending instead of paying down the debt.
And they will even now start more welfare programs no matter the cost.
Something drastic needs to happen to have the reset button pushed and at some point it will happen and be way worse then making hard decisions now to fix this mess.
dukeblue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:26   #29
dukeblue91

Quote:
Ugh...it's even worse than I imagined. I didn't know it was possible. I'll probably put this in a new thread tomorrow:

http://www.fedupusa.org/2012/11/the-...ng-to-implode/

From a former commodities broker. The video series totals 2.5 hours, but I can't emphasize enough how much more educational it is compared to normal economic articles.
GAFinch,
Thank you as you actually helped me understand more then I ever knew before.
I really should have put more time into this before saying something but now I'm even wiser.
However my math was right on just not the part as to who we owe it too.
On the other hand I'm not sure that is better that we Owe nearly 4 trillion to several countries vs just one.

I have not have the time to watch the video but have it bookmarked and will watch it.
dukeblue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:37   #30
IvanVic

Quote:
Or if every man woman and child gave $1 a year it would take 44 years to pay the dept.
So lets tax every man women and child equally accross the board $100! For the next ten years and pay it off! No refunds until it's done! I'm sure all those that don't pay taxes will agree right? Anyone think Sandra Fluke wound give up sex to pay her share? Naw she'd exspect the Gov. to pay for right! Oh another thing this will be cash only! No checks, credit cards!
Uh, what? 320 million dollars a year will pay off our interest bearing debt? From what I've read of your posts, you can barely spell most 1 syllable words. Maybe you should start there before you tackle loan amortization.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:49   #31
beforeobamabans
FYPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
Who cares.
This pretty well sums it up.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:26   #32
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
How long will it take to pay off the money owed?
pay off?! who said anything about paying off the debt?!

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:27   #33
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsnafu View Post
No matter what the fate of future Medicare-SocSec recipients one thing you can bet on: Welfare recipients WILL be taken care of. "Our" government is afraid of them.
When a government runs out of money, it will keep printing/borrowing money to continue paying out welfare checks in order to keep their voting majority. Once the system completely collapses, however, and the masses are hungry and angry, that's a different story. Look at the Marxist transitions in Russia and China, where there was a temporary systemic economic disruption and resulting food shortages. The poor masses become a security threat and are taken care of by being rounded up and shot in the back of the head, even though they're the ones who Marxism is supposed to be helping. Once the unruly mobs are dealt with, then they take care of their loyal underlings who know too many of their dirty secrets, then they move on to the principaled capitalist and religious individuals. We're talking about narcissistic atheists in positions of unchecked power here. They're sociopaths. They have nothing to fear except for their own lives here on earth.

Last edited by GAFinch; 11-10-2012 at 10:10.. Reason: Clarification
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:27   #34
lakepop

16,000,000,000,000 / 1,000,000,000 = 16,000 / 365 = 43.8 years
So if we paid one billion dollars a day with no intrest figured in it would take 43.8 years to pay the 16 trillion.
lakepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:28   #35
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeblue91 View Post
I have not have the time to watch the video but have it bookmarked and will watch it.
I know it's long, but try to at least make it through the third video.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:50   #36
Paul7
New Guy

There is no other way to deal with the debt that default or continuing to devalue the dollar. What happens when the dollar is no longer the world's reserve currency?

When interest rates return to their historical average of 4% that will add $1 trillion a year just to service the debt.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:54   #37
Vic777

Quote:
They stopped lending us money a while ago...they only hold about $1 trillion of our money. Most of it is held by the Fed now, which is also printing ~$60 billion/month of our money to inject into the marketplace, and then they "loan" us more money to service the yearly deficit. It's become a giant, circular Ponzi scheme.
This is good information. Let's try to get the real story, which I admit I have no clue what is really going on. I feel like Biden and Obama in that regard.
Old 11-10-2012, 15:18   #38
Skyhook

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by G17Jake View Post
It may not make sense to you and me, but to Obama it is the fair thing to do.

Obama wants the government to play whack-a-mole with the achievers. When one starts to reap the benefits of their hard work, the government knocks them back down in the name of fairness.

Yeah, everyone gets a "fair shot" at being Kenyan or Sudanese, Libyan or - -
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 17:43   #39
Vic777

Quote:
They stopped lending us money a while ago...they only hold about $1 trillion of our money. Most of it is held by the Fed now, which is also printing ~$60 billion/month of our money to inject into the marketplace, and then they "loan" us more money to service the yearly deficit. It's become a giant, circular Ponzi scheme.
I just heard on the Radio that America owes China + Japan 5.1 Trillion. I would like to see a 5,000 word essay explaining the situation and using the real figures. It would be nice to see exactly where we stand. Also explaining what would happen if oil was bought using say the YUAN. And how a default in Greece etc. effects the USA.

Last edited by Vic777; 11-10-2012 at 17:45..
Vic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 18:50   #40
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic777 View Post
I just heard on the Radio that America owes China + Japan 5.1 Trillion. I would like to see a 5,000 word essay explaining the situation and using the real figures. It would be nice to see exactly where we stand. Also explaining what would happen if oil was bought using say the YUAN. And how a default in Greece etc. effects the USA.
What they probably said on the radio was that around $5.1 trillion of debt is owned by foreign investors, the largest of which are China and Japan, who each have about $1 trillion. The rest is mostly owned (or backed) by the Fed.

Greece? Simplified explanation pulled from the link I posted:

1. JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs buy Grecian debt.
2. Citibank borrows money from the Fed at 0% interest rate.
3. Citibank then buys credit default swaps on Grecian debt from JPM and GS.
-Citi pays JPM/GS 1%. In return, JPS/GS agrees to guarantee Citi's Grecian bonds in the event of a Grecian default.
-In return, if a default happens, Citi would surrender the Spanish bonds to JPM/GS who would get to keep any salvage value. (the swap portion)
-Yes, JPM/GS is actually writing insurance policies on sovereign debts.
4. Due to TARP, banks no longer have a 10% reserve requirement (10% of their loans must be secured with assets). It's now 0%. Loans can be issued infinitely.
5. Credit default swaps happen in-between Greece and the US, Greece and Italy, Greece and Spain, Greece and Germany, Greece and Japan, Italy and Spain, Britain and Japan, etc. They're buying each other's worthless junk bonds with printed money to stop bank runs and keep welfare checks flowing to stay in power. This is being repeated over and over and over again. This international unsecured debt is estimated to now total around $1.5 quadrillion.
6. How do they protect themselves?
-Bribing ISDA to never declare a default on a country.
- Sending employees into governments and central banks to provide ongoing bailouts.
7. If a country were to finally default, every other participating country would default at the same time since the central banks and investment firms are so closely linked together in these circular loans and transactions are largely done autonomously and instantaneously by computer programs instead of human beings.

I know, not quite 5,000 words.