Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:04   #61
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

the genes which fostered freedom over dependence have been bred out of Americans by the brainwashing media, the intellectually inept, the dregs of society which mooch all they can. the American spirit is broken and Stalin's dream is becoming reality. get use to it drone and get back to work.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 11-10-2012 at 08:04..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:36   #62
2@low8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I think he's basically saying the conservatives need to abandon all the stupid **** they keep going on, and on, and on about, where their view is radically different from the general population, and start worrying about stuff that matters.

It's no surprise more republicans don't get elected when they keep spreading anti-women and anti-gay messages to all of the women and gay people of the country.

Want to get elected? Drop the crap nobody agrees with, and speak to the people, tell them what they want to hear, not what you want to hear, and then more republicans might get elected.

Keep telling all the gay people how evil and horrible they are, and they'll keep voting democrat.

Start accepting them, tell them they're good people and they should be able to be happy and live their life how they want to live it, and they might start voting for you.
Yeah, right. We can drop all that and then we can be just like the Democrats. Good plan.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:44   #63
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2@low8 View Post
Yeah, right. We can drop all that and then we can be just like the Democrats. Good plan.
The GOP needs a big dose of libertarianism.

A big dose of true liberty and freedom is the cure. If Democrats knew that the Libertarian platform espouses more freedom than the Democratic platform, maybe they would vote GOP.

Of course, this is a pipe dream now. The big money in the GOP will never allow this to happen. They shun libertarians and embrace the very powerful religious right.

All this being said, I feel that the ship has sailed on regaining power for republicans. The takers outnumber the makers and the number of them are growing faster than ever.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:52   #64
NJ1911

I have or should I say had a couple of very liberal friends. One spewed a bunch of lies about Republicans prior to the election and when I countered with facts she became more enraged and we no longer speak. Recently I was involved in a debate with her sister when I mentioned being less free after this election. She asked how I was less free, and countered with "well at least my uterus is free and my gay friends right to have a relationship recognized by the .gov". These issues lost the election for Romney, but the bigger problem is people like these two girls would rather watch the country burn down around them then admit the country/economy doesn't run on a free uterus or a gay marriage. The even bigger problem is there are millions who feel the exact same way.
NJ1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:56   #65
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ1911 View Post
I have or should I say had a couple of very liberal friends. One spewed a bunch of lies about Republicans prior to the election and when I countered with facts she became more enraged and we no longer speak. Recently I was involved in a debate with her sister when I mentioned being less free after this election. She asked how I was less free, and countered with "well at least my uterus is free and my gay friends right to have a relationship recognized by the .gov". These issues lost the election for Romney, but the bigger problem is people like these two girls would rather watch the country burn down around them then admit the country/economy doesn't run on a free uterus or a gay marriage. The even bigger problem is there are millions who feel the exact same way.
Yes. Americans by and large, are stupid about the real world.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:08   #66
PaulMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona_andy View Post
I agree, this election was different than 2008. This time, we've had the chance to see him attempt to lead our nation for 4 years -- and boy has it been ugly. After watching his actions during his first term, it is simply unfathomable how any rational, responsible person could vote for him. Amazingly, he still won anyway.
I agree fully with both of you said.
PaulMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:13   #67
PaulMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetMan Political Issues
No, voting is not pointless. Part of our problem was not enough of us getting out to vote.

How we managed to lose against an incumbent with this record who should possibly be facing two impeachable offenses is beyond me.

My suggestions for next time, drop abortion and gay marriage, find candidates that are not multi-millionaires, no odd religions, get a minority on the ticket and support student aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! Failure to do THIS will be the death of the party and likely the nation. Lets just pray that our nation and SC justices can hold out to 2016.
No it won't. The Ds use fear effectively. Even if the Rs did what you said the Ds would still campaign that the Rs against women's rights, and gays. Note that Romney didn't have a position against either.

Also, note how the Ds still say that the Rs are for big business. They have been saying this since the 1930s.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:17   #68
PaulMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdub804 View Post
+1 I couldn't have said it better and people need to stop blaming Obama for the state that our country is in. George Bush is the reason for all of this. People need to wake up and face the cold hard facts and stop the hate, handout this handout that lol that's all I'm hearing. We do not need another greedy republican at the wheel causing us all this damage, look how hard it is to recover from it. Even 4 years wasn't enough time to repair the damage that BUSH caused and no man could've gotten us back to the state we was in back when Clinton was in office republican or democrat White or Black.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2
Sad - it is neither of them. Whatever you think he problems are that Bush caused - read history to find their origins.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:19   #69
PaulMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
the genes which fostered freedom over dependence have been bred out of Americans by the brainwashing media, the intellectually inept, the dregs of society which mooch all they can. the American spirit is broken and Stalin's dream is becoming reality. get use to it drone and get back to work.
Good insight.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:20   #70
PaulMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ1911 View Post
Feelings Vs Reasoning
Old 11-10-2012, 09:54   #71
Paul7
New Guy

Just out of principle, I will continue to vote every two years, with low expectations.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:57   #72
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post

A big dose of true liberty and freedom is the cure. If Democrats knew that the Libertarian platform espouses more freedom than the Democratic platform, maybe they would vote GOP.

Of course, this is a pipe dream now. The big money in the GOP will never allow this to happen. They shun libertarians and embrace the very powerful religious right.

All this being said, I feel that the ship has sailed on regaining power for republicans. The takers outnumber the makers and the number of them are growing faster than ever.
If the voters rejected the candidate this time around who offered more freedom, why would they vote for a candidate that offered even more freedom?

The leeches are much more into dependency than freedom.
Old 11-10-2012, 14:33   #73
SevenSixtyTwo

Maybe we could go back to the primaries and do it all over.

SevenSixtyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 14:37   #74
norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post

Libertarians aren't going to win anything until they stop putting up clowns for election. In my state, Rupert, the doofus from Survivor was the L candidate for Governor. It was a complete joke.
If you flushed all of the religious right, who would take their place at the voting booth? The R/R would start their own third party- or just not bother to vote. Either way is not a path to success for the Republicans.
Old 11-10-2012, 16:02   #75
onebigelf

Extensive double registering and voting in the swing states. Organized registration of one person by their first and last names and by their middle and last names, both to the same address. One absentee or early vote, one on election day. Early estimates by the GOP and True the Vote are in the 1.5 to 1.75 MILLION vote range. Not even sure they're going to make a stink about it because 1) The dems and the media will paint it as sour grapes, 2) the damage to voter confidence has repercussions beyond this election, 3) in most states, including Florida, vote fraud, even if proven, doesn't overturn the election.

John
onebigelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 16:03   #76
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

Voting matters and every vote counts.

Just ask obama and the democrats.
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 17:05   #77
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmonster View Post
November 6th, 2012, changed my view of this nation.

I genuinely believed that with all the various problems and economic despair of the last 4 years, Obama would lose in some form of a historic landslide (of at least modest proportions).

For the last 4 years, I closely followed politics. I tried to educate myself the best I reasonably could to the political affairs of our nation. I tuned into political TV and radio shows, and listened to pundits. I read various print and online media. I listened to pundits I disagreed with, to hear various sides of issues.

As the election drew nearer, I was dismayed at the trivial issues that gained such widespread attention. 'Evil' Bain Capital? Mitt Romney's tax returns, and his supposed tax evasion? Rights of women to free contraceptives from the government?? How 'evil' Mitt Romney was for being wealthy?

All of these things were either trivial, misleading, false, or counter to our traditional way of life.

What about the REAL issues? What about the monumental prospect of Obamacare? What about the staggering unemployment rates, with no prospects of improvement? What about the sluggish economy? What about our massive and increasing annual deficits and federal debt? What about our huge problem with illegal immigration, with no end in sight? What about massively rising fuel and energy costs? What about Obama's failure to respond to the increasingly dangerous Iran nuclear crisis in the middle east? What about his failure to respond to recent embassy attacks? What about... etc etc.

Nope. None of that really mattered, it seemed. Especially not in the blue states, where the situations were worst (ironically). A shocking amount of voters were easily swayed in the last few weeks of the election by 30 second TV "attack ads". A shocking number of people failed to even show up to vote. More shockingly, a shocking number of people were wildly still in support of Obama, especially in the states with the worst economic woes.

I can't wrap my mind around this. As best I can tell, most people in this country are now either:
  • Brainwashed by the liberal media/schools/government.
  • Single issue voters - voting for some form a handout for themselves.
  • Stupid.
  • Ignorant of real issues.
  • Blinded by race.
  • Too lazy to vote.

In any case, if the dire events of 2008-2012 were not enough to persuade the American public to remove a president like Obama from office, I have little faith in the future voting abilities of the American public.

I voted against Obama. Did it matter? Turns out it did not.

I am genuinely angry at people who voted for Obama under some false, emotional, or selfish pretense. I feel that they should have taken more time to educate themselves on the real issues, or at least voted on issues of true national importance.

To make matters worse for conservatives, the shifting demographics of our country will provide the democrats with an even larger voting base in the future (read: more illegal immigrants and offspring)

Although, one part of me never wants to surrender to liberalism.... another part of me questions whether voting even matters anymore. Is our country lost to liberalism?
Nicely written, and evidence of your serious desire to be well informed. But what else did you do?

Did you invest time and money in the actual battle? Did you make phone calls or participate in any grassroots effort? The Ds did all of this stuff in grand form and won with an inferior candidate, a dangerous philosophy and a planless message.

Don't think being an informed citizen is enough. I'm willing to wager that most GT conservatives spent a lot more time here than they devoted to work for conservative causes during this election cycle. I did, and I'm ashamed of it. Part of the blame for this election failure belongs to me. And you.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 11-11-2012 at 10:56..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 18:14   #78
SunsetMan
Lifetime Membership
Proud Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMason View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetMan Political Issues
No, voting is not pointless. Part of our problem was not enough of us getting out to vote.

How we managed to lose against an incumbent with this record who should possibly be facing two impeachable offenses is beyond me.

My suggestions for next time, drop abortion and gay marriage, find candidates that are not multi-millionaires, no odd religions, get a minority on the ticket and support student aid.

No it won't. The Ds use fear effectively. Even if the Rs did what you said the Ds would still campaign that the Rs against women's rights, and gays. Note that Romney didn't have a position against either.

Also, note how the Ds still say that the Rs are for big business. They have been saying this since the 1930s.
We still need to try. If I recall correctly Ryan said he was pro life in the debate. I thought Romney was for overturning Roe V Wade, maybe I see too much main stream media.

We are for big business, they create jobs.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:44   #79
HexHead

This country's problems are far beyond repair via the ballot box.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:44   #80
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexhead View Post
this country's problems are far beyond repair via the ballot box.
^truth^