GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:13   #81
PaulMason

The historical cycle seems to be: From bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to apathy; from apathy to dependency; and from dependency back to bondage once more.

A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
PaulMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:33   #82
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexHead View Post
This country's problems are far beyond repair via the ballot box.
The country's problems can be overcome with leadership that puts restoring greatness ahead of political ambition and party base appeasement. Political dogma has to be replaced by pragmatic problem solving.

Strong intellect, leadership skill, vision, character, master of communication and negotiation, credibility based on a lifetime of accomplishment are some of the required attributes.

There are men and women out there who, if motivated to serve, can get us back on track. We have recovered from desperate times in the past and can again. Civil War, world wars, economic collapse, and more have challenged the American spirit. And, we've come back as strong as ever.
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:45   #83
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
The country's problems can be overcome with leadership that puts restoring greatness ahead of political ambition and party base appeasement. Political dogma has to be replaced by pragmatic problem solving.

Strong intellect, leadership skill, vision, character, master of communication and negotiation, credibility based on a lifetime of accomplishment are some of the required attributes.

There are men and women out there who, if motivated to serve, can get us back on track. We have recovered from desperate times in the past and can again. Civil War, world wars, economic collapse, and more have challenged the American spirit. And, we've come back as strong as ever.
That sounds swell, but you're missing the point that the takers outnumber the makers now. We are living in a post constitutional society now.

I don't know what else it will take to convince some people that the future of America is bleak.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:46   #84
onebigelf

Quote:
According to the Columbus Dispatch, one out of every five registered voters in Ohio is ineligible to vote. In at least two counties in Ohio, the number of registered voters exceeded the number of eligible adults who are of voting age. In northwestern Ohio's Wood County, there are 109 registered voters for every 100 people eligible to vote. An additional 31 of Ohio's 88 counties have voter registration rates over 90%, which most voting experts regard as suspicious. Obama miraculously won 100% of the vote in 21 districts in Cleveland, and received over 99% of the vote where GOP inspectors were illegally removed.

The inflated numbers can't just reflect voters who have moved, because the average voting registration level nationwide is only 70%. The vast majority of voters over the 70% level are not voting because they want to, they are voting because someone is getting them to cast a vote, one way or another. Those 31 counties are most likely the largest counties in Ohio, representing a majority of Ohio voters. This means the number of votes cast above the 70% typical voter registration level easily tops 100,000, the margin Obama won Ohio by.
Also significant evidence of rampant fraud in Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Colorado, Nevada and others.

John
onebigelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:12   #85
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
That sounds swell, but you're missing the point that the takers outnumber the makers now. We are living in a post constitutional society now.

I don't know what else it will take to convince some people that the future of America is bleak.
Sorry, but I don't subscribe to the notion that "takers outnumber the makers". Somebody made that up as a way of explaining the election loss and demonizing progressives.

I do believe lots of voters are disenchanted with the system, career politicians, dysfunctional Congress, and all the other stuff that goes on in Washington and state capitols. People who don't personally support campaigns of good candidates, and fail to vote, make the country vulnerable to winners like Obama.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:17   #86
Restless28

Quote:
Sorry, but I don't subscribe to the notion that "takers outnumber the makers". Somebody made that up as a way of explaining the election loss and demonizing progressives.

I do believe lots of voters are disenchanted with the system, career politicians, dysfunctional Congress, and all the other stuff that goes on in Washington and state capitols. People who don't personally support campaigns of good candidates, and fail to vote, make the country vulnerable to winners like Obama.
Yeah, good luck with that. More Americans are concerned with what is on TV tonight or what's for lunch than they are saving the country.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:17   #87
Hef
Stop Obammunism

Quote:

You're asking for too much.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:20   #88
Hef
Stop Obammunism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Yeah, good luck with that. More Americans are concerned with what is on TV tonight or what's for lunch than they are saving the country.
Exactly. Your average voter can probably name the top 10 American Idol contestants, but can't tell you how many senators there are.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:21   #89
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hef View Post
Exactly. Your average voter can probably name the top 10 American Idol contestants, but can't tell you how many senators there are.
Affirmative.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:29   #90
Psychman
NRA Life Member

I will continue to vote, but I will also continue being a 1 or perhaps 2 percenter and thumb my nose at the other 98 percent if they complain.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:32   #91
RonS

What made America great can never be duplicated on this Earth again.

The people of this continent were free to create a free and democratic republic because it was impossible for the great powers to effectively control them from Europe. Americans learned by trial and error how to govern themselves from the village level up until they were able to forge a nation. Communication is now instant and force can be applied in hours or no more than a day anywhere on the globe. Unless civilization falls to the point that it again takes weeks of arduous effort to cross an ocean there can be no rebirth of liberty and self reliance. Nations, economies and societies are too interlocked.

It was a good 200 years, God bless all of those who made it possible, I'm sorry it ended on our watch due to laziness, selfishness and greed.

Last edited by RonS; 11-11-2012 at 12:33..
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:33   #92
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post
What made America great can never be duplicated on this Earth again.

The people of this continent were free to create a free and democratic republic because it was impossible for the great powers to effectively control them from Europe. Americans learned by trial and error how to govern themselves from the village level up until they were able to for a nation. Communication is now instant and force can be applied in hours or no more than a day anywhere on the globe. Unless civilization falls to the point that it again takes weeks of arduous effort to cross an ocean there can be no rebirth of liberty and self reliance. Nations, economies and societies are too interlocked.

It was a good 200 years, God bless all of those who made it possible, I'm sorry it ended on our watch due to laziness, selfishness and greed.
Good post.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:42   #93
TK-421

I sure do get a good laugh over everybody claiming the world is coming to an end just because a democrat is president. I'm sure this forum was just as funny when Bill got elected too.

Thanks for the laughs guy, keep it up.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:47   #94
unit1069

It seems to me voting is every bit as important now as at any time in American history. There will be a breaking point in the future where the people come to realize that the Radical Left Mainstream Media is the greatest threat to freedom and liberty that the United States has ever faced. The Marxist elites in academia and the media --- working with Democrats --- have succeeded in blaming every failure of the Left on conservatives, moderates, Republicans and religion. When the economic recession dives into a depression they will shift the blame onto those, like Paul Ryan, who understand that we can't spend our way to prosperity any more than Western Europe can.

Mitt Romney was absolutely right; America was at the tipping point in the 2012 elections and those millions of Republicans who failed to vote are the reason we've tipped ourselves over onto the downward spiral of history. As disconsolate as I am today I think we were in more peril after the 2008 elections that gave Democrats a veto-proof government. Thank God for Mitch McConnell, the one man in the Senate who had the nerve to speak out about the danger of First Comrade Obama's "vision" for America and who rallied Republicans to an historic win in 2010.

So yes, in 2014 your vote will be as important as it ever was after America suffers the next two years under the corrosive effects of Marxist/Media political and social propaganda.

Last edited by unit1069; 11-11-2012 at 22:17..
unit1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 13:24   #95
Hef
Stop Obammunism

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I sure do get a good laugh over everybody claiming the world is coming to an end just because a democrat is president. I'm sure this forum was just as funny when Bill got elected too.

Thanks for the laughs guy, keep it up.
This forum, like most of the Internet, didn't exist when Bill got elected.
Old 11-11-2012, 13:39   #96
nmstew

Quote:
This forum, like most of the Internet, didn't exist when Bill got elected.
Sure it did. He went next door and got the internet from Al.
Old 11-11-2012, 13:56   #97
PhotoFeller

Quote:
You're asking for too much.
I think not. It is the most important job in the world. That appeals to personalities who see daunting challenge as an opportunity to conquer, to make history, to achieve world respect. People climb Everest and skydive from 130,000 feet to defy the odds. Rescuing the USA would be the ultimate challenge.

There are people who are qualified to lead us out of this morass. People who fit the necessary model are strong willed individualists who could shake the bonds of conventional pressure from the party base and powerful contributors. The latitude to lead would stem from the severity of need and the power of vision. Maybe an Independent could fill the bill by rallying voters from the right, middle and left.

It can be done. I don't have a list of candidates with the 'right stuff', but he is out there. Maybe the current crisis will draw him into the fray.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 11-11-2012 at 14:08..
Old 11-11-2012, 14:12   #98
SunsetMan
Lifetime Membership
Proud Introvert

Democrats proved, but they won't realize it, that corporations don't control the vote.

We gave Obama the election. Where was the passion of 2010?
Old 11-11-2012, 14:17   #99
Hef
Stop Obammunism

Quote:
I think not. It is the most important job in the world. That appeals to personalities who see daunting challenge as an opportunity to conquer, to make history, to achieve world respect. People climb Everest and skydive from 130,000 feet to defy the odds. Rescuing the USA would be the ultimate challenge.

There are people who are qualified to lead us out of this morass. People who fit the necessary model are strong willed individualists who could shake the bonds of conventional pressure from the party base and powerful contributors. The latitude to lead would stem from the severity of need and the power of vision. Maybe an Independent could fill the bill by rallying voters from the right, middle and left.

It can be done. I don't have a list of candidates with the 'right stuff', but he is out there. Maybe the current crisis will draw him into the fray.
Good luck with that.
Old 11-11-2012, 14:29   #100
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Good luck with that.
I ain't ready to throw in the towel.