SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:21   #1
griffgil1

CA approved???

A little confused here:
Looking into a CZ pistol, went to the official CA approved list and read that the CZ TS pistol IS approved for sale in CA- BUT that pistol is high cap mag (16 rnds I believe) pistol.
What am I missing? Can't find an "option" for a CA approved, 10 rnd mag version. Anyone know what's up with this?
griffgil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:56   #2
Jerry

I know this doesn't help but.... Not familiar with the laws there but it sounds like the pistol is approved but not the mag. (Are you restricted for having normal capacity magazines?) Another words if you can't find a LOW CAPACITY magazine, you can have the pistol, you just can't have the magazine. Therefor you can't shoot the pistol (other than single shot) until you find a LOW CAPACITY magazine. Laws don't always make sense. Gun laws NEVER make sense.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 12-01-2012 at 12:58..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:37   #3
CA Escapee
Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffgil1 View Post
A little confused here:
Looking into a CZ pistol, went to the official CA approved list and read that the CZ TS pistol IS approved for sale in CA- BUT that pistol is high cap mag (16 rnds I believe) pistol.
What am I missing? Can't find an "option" for a CA approved, 10 rnd mag version. Anyone know what's up with this?
There is no such thing as an "option" for a CA approved, 10 round magazine version under CA law. Under CA law it doesn't matter whether the pistol can accept standard capacity magazines, they just can't be sold with standard capacity magazines. CZ will ship the pistol to CA with 10 round magazines.

If you buy one in CA it will come with 10 round magazines. If I buy one in CO that same pistol will come with standard capacity magazines. That's it.

Now go buy it!

Bill

Last edited by CA Escapee; 12-03-2012 at 07:41..
CA Escapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:20   #4
griffgil1

Thanks for the helpful reply....

Thanks for the straight up reply. Guess I need to keep more current on what's what with regard to CA regs. Boy, did I have it all messed up- I thought that "CA approved" meant that the frame was altered to only accept specific 10 round mags made for it, and that was why it's so expensive for the mfgs to produce a CA compliant gun.
griffgil1 is offline   Reply With Quote