GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 18:20   #1
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Why you guys really lost.

It isn't a matter of getting those that do agree with you out to vote. It's because you can't convince anyone new to vote on your side. In short, you guys suck at debate.

Take a look at some of the threads on the religious issues forum and see how ineffective the arguments from the religious conservatives are. Take a look at this forum and see how anyone is treated when they express a left leaning opinion on anything. Even the third party voters weren't convinced and they lined up with you Romney supporters on many issues.

As long as abortion is always murder, gays have an agenda to destroy the traditional family, women should have rape babies and planned parenthood (which is directly responsible for many of you not making child support payments) is the major drain of tax dollars in this country, black people are the main users of welfare, and your golden boy candidate honestly believes in talking salamanders, getting his own planet and magic holy underwear then very, very few new voters are going to take you seriously.

Think about it. Who do republicans rail against? Anyone that disagrees with them. That's a whole lot of people and that was just proven to you last night. Women, gays, minorities, atheists, libertarians, poor people, sick people... that's a whole lot of people. Romney flat out said that 47% of us were worthless. Who do democrats rail against? Republicans, the rich, people that think their bible should be a guide to the law. Not nearly so many people and the points they make against those people are so much better than anything your side is saying about your enemies.

When someone comes here, or to any forum where conservatives are the majority, and expresses an opinion that differs from your own the correct response is not, "Yer jist a damned liberal!" or, "You're looking for a free ride!"

You might want to consider dumping the religious insanity that so many of us are sick of and start making some damned sense. You could stick to the fiscal matters and relay that info to the fence sitters while dumping anyone from your party that opens his stupid mouth about gays or taxpayer funded birth control.

Or you could just run Rick Santorum in 2016 on the NO MORE PORN ticket, hope for the best in one hand and frothy mix in the other and see which one fills up first.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 19:30   #2
cowboy1964
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 15,225
True. The only way to win now is to pander. Are you Hispanic? We'll give you amnesty. Like leeching off society? Welfare for all. Female? Abortions on-demand up to 9 months and free birth control. Underwater on your home because you were stupid and greedy? We'll bail you out. Too much student loan debt because you picked a worthless education? We'll wipe out your debt. Etc. Gimme gimme gimme.

I can't wait until the dollar collapses and the whole thing implodes. Don't come crying to me when it does.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 11-07-2012 at 19:39..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 19:32   #3
Guss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,684
They wanted to appeal to the masses, so they picked a 2 percenter.
They wanted to appeal to the Christians, so they picked a Mormon.
They wanted to appeal to the unemployed, so they picked a guy noted for his layoffs.
They wanted to appeal to the 2d Amendment crowd, so they picked a guy who waffles on the issue.
They wanted to appeal to Blacks, so they found up some Uncle Toms.
This year was a Republican gift to the Democrats.
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 19:36   #4
Vic777
Senior Member
 
Vic777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Take a look at this forum and see how anyone is treated when they express a left leaning opinion on anything.
**** off *******!
__________________
"It's Tom Dwan's World, we just live in it"
Vic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 19:36   #5
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 12,182
Disagree. We (not you guys) lost because there are now more parasites than hosts in this country. I only hope it accelerates from here so that I am still able to contribute to the end result and see a rebuild begin.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 19:44   #6
Vic777
Senior Member
 
Vic777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,559
Look, Romney presented an adult honest intelligent solution to our problems. Obama offered lies and freebees. It makes no difference what is suggested if the alternative is freebees. But nothing is really free, Darwin will ensure that America dies. America does not deserve to exist as a player. America will become a dependant of China. Thomas Jefferson et al pulled us away from being a British Colony, we will become a Chinese Colony.
__________________
"It's Tom Dwan's World, we just live in it"
Vic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 19:46   #7
Walt_NC
Senior Member
 
Walt_NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
Disagree. We (not you guys) lost because there are now more parasites than hosts in this country. I only hope it accelerates from here so that I am still able to contribute to the end result and see a rebuild begin.
That is exactly the kind of rhetoric that is going to drive the final nail in the GOP coffin. Rather than look inward, you blame the electorate. Rather than reexamine the party stance on social issues, you proclaim that the problem is that Mitt wasn't conservative enough. Good luck with that.
__________________
If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
- H.L. Mencken
Walt_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 19:46   #8
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,191
America lost.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 19:53   #9
Walt_NC
Senior Member
 
Walt_NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Take a look at this forum and see how anyone is treated when they express a left leaning opinion on anything.
You sound like some kind of Muslim socialist commie DU troll. I bet you don even own any guns and cheer whenever an American soldier dies. Why are you even here? Everyone knows that only Christian Tea Partiers own guns and enjoy shooting sports. Your ideas and beliefs are different than mine and that makes them wrong and it makes you un-American.

Am I doing it right?
__________________
If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
- H.L. Mencken
Walt_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:02   #10
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 12,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt_NC View Post
That is exactly the kind of rhetoric that is going to drive the final nail in the GOP coffin. Rather than look inward, you blame the electorate. Rather than reexamine the party stance on social issues, you proclaim that the problem is that Mitt wasn't conservative enough. Good luck with that.
Wrong again. Look at my other posts on libertarians and the GOP. Obama won because we have now tipped the scales with more dependents than providers. That's the blunt truth. However I do think if we made changes to unite the non-parasites, we might have a chance next time. Unfortunately I doubt that will happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic
Personally I would like to see a libertarian mindset find a home in the GOP. I voted for a 3rd party candidate when Clinton ran (Ross Perot). So I am sympathetic to the idea of making significant changes from the "left" "right" mentality. However I also don't think we will have a 3rd party president in my lifetime. So I'd like to see better support during the primaries for a libertarian-like minded candidate. Mind you, I'm not completely in that court either...however I am finding that I am closer to them than many of our GOP frontrunners.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:02   #11
Guss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt_NC View Post
That is exactly the kind of rhetoric that is going to drive the final nail in the GOP coffin. Rather than look inward, you blame the electorate. Rather than reexamine the party stance on social issues, you proclaim that the problem is that Mitt wasn't conservative enough. Good luck with that.
What? You don't think that insulting the populace will help both them and the GOP? Those people have got to straighten up and do what the wealthy elite want.
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:03   #12
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 12,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss View Post
do what the wealthy elite want.
Yea, okay...that's what I said.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:10   #13
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 41,968


Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
Disagree. We (not you guys) lost because there are now more parasites than hosts in this country. I only hope it accelerates from here so that I am still able to contribute to the end result and see a rebuild begin.
It really is this simple.

The leeches have taken over.
__________________
Im for law and order, the way that it should be. This songs about the night they spent protecting you from me. - Waylon Jennings
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:11   #14
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss View Post
What? You don't think that insulting the populace will help both them and the GOP? Those people have got to straighten up and do what the wealthy elite want.
well the wealthy should listen to the poor because they are so smart and successful after all. they have managed to a void the trappings and headaches of wealth and success.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:13   #15
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 41,968


Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
Wrong again. Look at my other posts on libertarians and the GOP. Obama won because we have now tipped the scales with more dependents than providers. That's the blunt truth. However I do think if we made changes to unite the non-parasites, we might have a chance next time. Unfortunately I doubt that will happen.
Repeal the 17th Amendment and it doesn't matter as much.

It really is the answer to most of this country's problems.

There are 30 republican governors now.
__________________
Im for law and order, the way that it should be. This songs about the night they spent protecting you from me. - Waylon Jennings
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:16   #16
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt_NC View Post
You sound like some kind of Muslim socialist commie DU troll. I bet you don even own any guns and cheer whenever an American soldier dies. Why are you even here? Everyone knows that only Christian Tea Partiers own guns and enjoy shooting sports. Your ideas and beliefs are different than mine and that makes them wrong and it makes you un-American.

Am I doing it right?
Exactly right. That doesn't sound like the kind of blathering idiot that I want to align with.

I remember when I started a thread asking who welcomed 2nd amendment support from democrats. Soooo many people were happy to say no because they weren't real conservatives. Rep.= happy to exclude. Dem.= happy to include.

Who still wonders how they won?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:34   #17
M 7
Senior Member
 
M 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
well the wealthy should listen to the poor because they are so smart and successful after all. they have managed to a void the trappings and headaches of wealth and success.
Yep.

With "mediocre" being the new "exceptional" as it has for so long, is it a surprise that this happened? Evidently, success has become an evil that needs to be punished by the removal of most of (soon to be all) what has been accrued by the offender.

The US has largely become a nation of victims who refuse to be held accountable for their poor decisions/actions. When something goes wrong or one just doesn't feel like working anymore, it seems that it is en vogue to just sit back and wait for someone to come along and pay our bills.

We are becoming the ultimate welfare state. No quicker way to the death of our Nation than this execution of unmitigated class warfare.
__________________
For those who CCW:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by M 7; 11-07-2012 at 20:35..
M 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:43   #18
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by M 7 View Post
Yep.

With "mediocre" being the new "exceptional" as it has for so long, is it a surprise that this happened? Evidently, success has become an evil that needs to be punished by the removal of most of (soon to be all) what has been accrued by the offender.

The US has largely become a nation of victims who refuse to be held accountable for their poor decisions/actions. When something goes wrong or one just doesn't feel like working anymore, it seems that it is en vogue to just sit back and wait for someone to come along and pay our bills.

We are becoming the ultimate welfare state. No quicker way to the death of our Nation than this execution of unmitigated class warfare.
Political Issues
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:45   #19
Berto
woo woo
 
Berto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: WA
Posts: 30,114


People want a promised outcome, not opportunity.
Democrats are always happy to accept, it's true, and there's a gazillion people looking for acceptance because they aren't willing to do anything for themselves.
__________________
The West is the Best.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 20:47   #20
glockman10mm
Member
 
glockman10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Winchester, Ky
Posts: 64
It's called standing up for what you believe in. We believe in rugged individualism and personal achievement.
Why should we compromise what we believe?
Sticking to my guns and religion.

It's not my fault some people don't know how to earn a living, take care of themselves, or are so screwed up in the head they don't know the differences in the natural design of a man and a woman.
So in the truest form of conservative traditions: buzz off.
glockman10mm is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:09.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 750
231 Members
519 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31