Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:36   #121
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I agree with you ysr, if Republicans don't drop all the women/gay/minority hating, they'll never win an election. It's really not that hard to fathom why you lost when you piss off the exact people you need to help you win.
Mr. Democrat, thank you for spreading the patent lie that Republicans "hate" women/gay/minorities.

Marriage is marriage, if two homosexuals want to live together that is their business - but don't politicize your bedroom habits and try to force society to call it something it is not.

Making this true statement is not expressing hatred toward anyone!

I can't even dream up what gets twisted around as hatred for women and minorities? Protecting the lives of unborn children? Wanting to limit rampant ILEGAL immigration? No hatred in either of those wound positions either.

If you don't agree with those three positions, go join the democrats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:39   #122
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetMan View Post
I'm against government handouts as a rule, but I'd like to see the republicans support student aid and education more. Unlike welfare, this is an investment.
The Republicans do support this nonsense. Education has no business at the Federal level however.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:55   #123
badge315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporaticus View Post
I think I would consider the religious right independent voters. They apparently don't have any ties that make them come out and vote for republicans every time regardless of the candidate. The republican party seem to count them as guaranteed votes and part of their base, but experience should show the republicans that the religious right aren't necessarily votes they can take for granted.

So maybe the answer is to court the religious right, and at least pay them lip service. Much like the democrats do black folks.
So if the religious right didn't vote for Romney, who did they vote for?

If they stayed home, then they can take all their self-righteous talk about morals and principles and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, because there is nothing morally superior about shirking a civic duty like voting. Voting, even for a candidate that you know won't win, is morally superior to sitting at home in a snit with your arms folded across your chest because you didn't get your way.

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:57   #124
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporaticus View Post
I wonder about that. I never held Romney's religion against him, his liberalism was enough, but I cannot help but wonder how it played to a group who didn't show up on election day.
I don't have the link right now because I'm on my phone, but I've previously posted a poll from summer 2011 that asked voters if your party nominated a candidate who was ______ would you vote for them. Then they listed Catholic, Jewish, Mormon, gay etc.

As I recall Mormon was about 23% "no". However in reality I imagine it was quite a bit lower than that given the "anyone but Obama" voters.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:59   #125
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
The christians are one of the biggest chunks of the republican party. But they do not add up to as many votes as the combined groups the republicans have alienated with abortion, gay marriage, and immigration.

And incidentally. I was listening to a christian talk radio station yesterday. They said a lot of young christians just stayed home because they see the republicans as just too hateful to everybody. Particularly on immigration.
You are wrong. I know from working in campaigns and strategy sessions that what you think is wrong. The vast majority of people in this nation agree with the Republican party on abortion and gay marriage BTW. And what's the Republican stance on immigration? Its pro LEGAL immigration. What's wrong with that?

Again, your own personal views cloud the reality of the actual numbers. Any number of very valid national surveys will refute what you believe if you just take some time to go do the research. There are not surveys that I've ever seen that back up what you say. None...

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:01   #126
G36's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarspeak View Post
the real sad thing is that we have huge group that has very republican values...the hispanic vote.

i know alot of latinos,mostly mexican and they want less goverment and are against abortion etc etc, the whole play book of the rep party but they only vote dem because the red party seems intent on makeing life hard on them.

as for the mj subject,ive never smoked it but it seems kinda stupid to try to ban something that a person can grow in thier closet..
How does the Republican Party make life hard for Hispanic Americans?
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:14   #127
G36's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Ok, no problem. The U.S. has the highest incarceration rate in the world. The crime category with the highest percentage... you guessed it -drugs. More people are in prison for drug related offenses at the state and federal level than for violent crime. Canada's rate is about 1/7 of ours. Has it led to social disorder and decay? I don't know, it certainly hasn't lead to lower math and science scores.
You really have nothing. Not a surprise.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:18   #128
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Keep espousing stone-age views, and you'll go the way of the Neanderthals. Oh that's right, the world is only 4000 years old
Stop exaggerating, it turned 6016 a few weeks ago.
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:22   #129
Vic777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
When I'm talking to my fellow Republicans, none of them ever mentions abortion, birth control, gay marriage, or marijuana.
I don't vote based on abortion, birth control, gay marriage, or marijuana. My main concerns are Big Government and the Second Amendment. I believe we should also be the World's #1 Superpower and build a moon base. Obviously another new concern is the rampant lying by lieberals and the MSM, this keeps their followers in slavery.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:33   #130
robertoh

I knew Romney would have a rough time beating Obama,when Obama "decreed",that welfare recipients wouldn't have to look for work to keep getting their checks.
The Republicans will just have to find a way to out freebe the Dems.
robertoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41   #131
Kentak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
I want someone fiscally conservative who keeps the governement out of peoples lives. I dont want someone who cries about how our moral fabric is tearing apart because gays can marry. Someone who stands up for constitutional values and leaves the church out of law.
You are correct, sir!

What the GOP needs are more Barry Goldwaters. Strong fiscal conservative. Strong on Constitutional principles. Strong on defense. And, understood the wisdom of separation of church and state.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:44   #132
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentak View Post
You are correct, sir!

What the GOP needs are more Barry Goldwaters. Strong fiscal conservative. Strong on Constitutional principles. Strong on defense. And, understood the wisdom of separation of church and state.
Not that I disagree with you -- but remember what happened to Barry Goldwater...

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:46   #133
ysr_racer

I'm confused. Are you guys saying the Christian Conservatives wouldn't vote for a Republican candidate who was Pro Choice, pro birth control, didn't care about gay marriage or marijuana?

Who would they vote for, a Democrat?

Keep in mind, not voting is the same thing as voting for a Democrat.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:58   #134
Kentak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's Dad View Post
When the "pro-life" party loses 50% of the Catholic vote to a guy who is decidedly non pro-life, then you have to ask if these issues still really get people worked up.

I know Catholics are demographically different from evangelicals, but the Catholic Church's position on abortion is pretty clear. Yet 50% of them voted for the pro-choice candidate.
And, it needs to be pointed out that Catholic women avail themselves of abortion services pretty much commensurate with their proportion of the total population. That's not politically unimportant.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:09   #135
Kentak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Not that I disagree with you -- but remember what happened to Barry Goldwater...

Understood. But, he didn't lose because of these religious issues--they weren't issues on the table then. He lost because we were in the middle of a tense cold war with the Soviets and the opposition successfully painted him as someone who might bring on a nuclear confrontation.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:19   #136
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentak View Post
Understood. But, he didn't lose because of these religious issues--they weren't issues on the table then. He lost because we were in the middle of a tense cold war with the Soviets and the opposition successfully painted him as someone who might bring on a nuclear confrontation.
Yes, I fear that I can admit I remember those days well...

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:22   #137
Flying-Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Point. Set. Match. HH
HH- You have posted you are originally from the greater NYC area but now you live very far away from such a Liberal Mecca. So you are a Liberal who does not like living around Liberals?
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:23   #138
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic777 View Post
My main concerns are Big Government and the Second Amendment. I believe we should also be the World's #1 Superpower and build a moon base.
Is this serious or cleverly sarcastic and mocking the inherent contradictions of modern day 'conservatives'?

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada

Last edited by barbedwiresmile; 11-12-2012 at 09:23..
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:38   #139
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
You really have nothing. Not a surprise.
First let's be honest, there is nothing I could say to tarnish your view of the GOP. I don't expect you to form actual arguments.

The question was how are they a threat to liberty. The U.S. has more people locked up than any other country, those are people without liberty. Why? Are the American people the most evil? Maybe the U.S. is just better at keeping the bad guys off the streets? Then what explains our high violent crime rate and below average education scores? If the influence of religious groups wasn't so strong we'd have less of these prohibitionist laws that are ineffective, strip people of liberty and only serve as a jobs program.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45   #140
Kentak

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
Is this serious or cleverly sarcastic and mocking the inherent contradictions of modern day 'conservatives'?
My thoughts as well.

Obviously, we need a national defense strong enough to defeat any threat to our security and *legitimate* interests for the foreseeable future. But, sounds like he wants to be the Empire from Star Wars building "death stars." Foolishness.

Empires have died because they couldn't sustain the costs needed to maintain them. To maintain our physical security, we first need to rebuild our national economic and fiscal health.