Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:58   #1
jollygreen

The Republicans just don't get it.

There's all this soul searching as to why Romney lost. The response from many Republicans is that we need to become more like the dimocrats.

The Pubbies just don't get it. Romney lost because conservatives are sick and tired of big government liberals masquerading as conservatives. We saw this with both Bushes, McCain and now Romney.

The answer isn't to keep moving to the left. The answer is to remember where we came from and what we represent.

Odd that the pundits at the RNC can't see it.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:04   #2
Ragnar

If conservatives are so sick and tired, why did they nominate Romney? The same people who voted in the primaries also voted for him in the general election.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:12   #3
jollygreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
If conservatives are so sick and tired, why did they nominate Romney? The same people who voted in the primaries also voted for him in the general election.
Good question. All I know is that the RNC is lamenting the fact of an apathetic voter turnout among conservatives. The reason for the apathetic voter turnout is because Romney is a liberal, regardless the ticket.

It's the same reason McCain had a lackluster performance among conservatives. Conservatives were forced to hold their noses to vote for GW's second term, but many declared they wouldn't do it again.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:14   #4
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

a couple of things. before one can have a logical debate on abortion there needs to be no funding of it with our tax money. after that its a moral issue to be debated.

smoking dope, thats a states rights issue.

illegal immigration, well, thats both a states right and federal concern.

fiscal responsibility is one which neither party has owned up to lately but yes the democrats are far worse at it.

religion, thats for the individual, as is gay marriage.

what Americans want from the federal government is to be left alone, that the feds should focus on national security, foreign trade, national debt, and infrastructure. when the feds start messing about in state issue they lose voters which ever side they are on.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 11-12-2012 at 08:17..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:16   #5
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

...niether of you get it. The reason you lost is because you don't appeal to women or Latinos.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:25   #6
jollygreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
...niether of you get it. The reason you lost is because you don't appeal to women or Latinos.
I disagree. If the Republicans had fielded a conservative, he would have gotten enough votes to beat zero.

Remember, zero's performance in the polls wasn't particularly stellar either.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32   #7
Lesh

Send a message via AIM to Lesh Send a message via Yahoo to Lesh
I suspect that many evangelicals would not vote for a Mormon. I cant see any other way Romney got fewer votes than McCain.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:40   #8
Eurodriver

Quote:
Oh how true you are.

The party of DEPORT THEM and God Loves Rape Babies can't expect either voting block in any significant number.

It's like the GOP saying God doesn't want you to own guns, and then the GOP wondering why the NRA endorsed the other guy.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Eurodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:49   #9
Captain Ron

Quote:
That is not why we lost it's because people stayed home and would not vote for mitt http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...migration.html listen to Mark he hit the nail right head. We can out not Democrat a Democrat

Last edited by Captain Ron; 11-12-2012 at 08:54..
Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:54   #10
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
a couple of things. before one can have a logical debate on abortion there needs to be no funding of it with our tax money. after that its a moral issue to be debated.

smoking dope, thats a states rights issue.

illegal immigration, well, thats both a states right and federal concern.

fiscal responsibility is one which neither party has owned up to lately but yes the democrats are far worse at it.

religion, thats for the individual, as is gay marriage.

what Americans want from the federal government is to be left alone, that the feds should focus on national security, foreign trade, national debt, and infrastructure. when the feds start messing about in state issue they lose voters which ever side they are on.
Yep.
The GOP lost and the Dems won for several reasons, not just one. I will say their idea to move to the center is a losing proposition. Maybe they won't nominate a second place finisher from the prior election. Cruz won in TX and he was put up by who? Oh yeah, the TP.

Hey gays, live together and vow to stay together but don't call it a marriage. Hey immigrants, try to assimilate like the gays do. God loves all children even the very small percentage of "rape babies" and the huge number of the unborn murdered for convenience.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:21   #11
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
That is not why we lost it's because people stayed home and would not vote for mitt http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...migration.html listen to Mark he hit the nail right head. We can out not Democrat a Democrat

My God, y'all still don't get it and once again have actually no idea why you lost. ....a 2nd time.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:23   #12
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygreen View Post
There's all this soul searching as to why Romney lost. The response from many Republicans is that we need to become more like the dimocrats.

The Pubbies just don't get it. Romney lost because conservatives are sick and tired of big government liberals masquerading as conservatives. We saw this with both Bushes, McCain and now Romney.

The answer isn't to keep moving to the left. The answer is to remember where we came from and what we represent.

Odd that the pundits at the RNC can't see it.
You have just defined yourself as part of a small minority that can not possible elect a President. Republicans can move to the center or keep taking what the Democrats hand them.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:42   #13
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygreen View Post
I disagree. If the Republicans had fielded a conservative, he would have gotten enough votes to beat zero.

Remember, zero's performance in the polls wasn't particularly stellar either.
Do you think Michele Bachmann would have won the general election?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:46   #14
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

on another note, evangelicals not voting for romney because he is a morman makes no sense to me, christians didnt vote for another christian because of the sect but instead voted for or allowed a supposed muslim to get elected....brilliant i say, simply brilliant.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 11-12-2012 at 09:46..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:11   #15
callihan_44
INFIDEL

repubs becoming dem-lite= third party rise
callihan_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45   #16
FFR Spyder GT
Ex-Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesh View Post
I suspect that many evangelicals would not vote for a Mormon. I cant see any other way Romney got fewer votes than McCain.
DINGDINGDING!!!!!

DINGDINGDING!!!!!!!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Gee, how many times have I posted that I don't understand how someone the a Evangelical Christian could vote for a Mormon Cult member.

Looks like they didn't.

I also posted that I know a couple of Bible Thumpers that did not vote this time because they could not vote for a Cult member and would not vote for Obama. I also know a couple that voted against a Cult member.

The Right has to have the Evangelical crowd to win an election.

No Evangalical crowd, no win in the election.

Pretty simple.

Spyder

Posted with TapTalk from my ObamaPhone
FFR Spyder GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:55   #17
certifiedfunds
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
If conservatives are so sick and tired, why did they nominate Romney?
Conservatives didn't nominate Romney. Neocons did.

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:18   #18
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Yep.
Hey gays, live together and vow to stay together but don't call it a marriage. Hey immigrants, try to assimilate like the gays do. God loves all children even the very small percentage of "rape babies" and the huge number of the unborn murdered for convenience.
And that mentality is why the republicans lost the gays, the minorities and the women.

It should be "Let the gays do what they want, let the women do what they want, and try to help the illegals become legal."

That's the stance the republican party needs to take if they want to win. Leave people alone, let them do what they want, and stop trying to make government as big and intrusive as possible, and people might start voting republican.

Besides, if you make the illegals legal, and get them official jobs, they start paying taxes. Think of how much quicker we could erase the debt if every illegal paid taxes.
TK-421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:54   #19
dukeblue91

It is much simpler then all this stuff.
The real reason is salesmanship and charisma which Romney and McCain sorely lacked in but Oborrow has in spades.
Enthusiasm is highly contagious and when delivered with skill and charisma will move people that normally sit on the sideline.

Quite simple really if you know anything about sales strategies.
dukeblue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:15   #20
UtahGlocker

Republicans are the party of exclusion. That's why they lost.

Poor people: "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what...My job is not to worry about those people." Romney

Women: “I struggled with it myself for a long time, and I realized that life is a gift from God, and I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something God intended to happen,” Republican Richard Mourdock said, explaining that he would allow for exceptions to an abortion ban when a mother’s life is in danger.

Homosexuals: The [Republican] platform affirms the rights of states and the federal government not to recognize same-sex marriage. It backs a constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman.

This is just a small sample of how Republicans have gone out of their way to exclude or offend groups of people. Republicans should get out of big government control with social issues and stay on message about fiscal conservativism. They lost because they are hyprocrits, touting that they are the party of small government while at the same time advocating government control in social issues.

Big Dawg #1005
G30/G36
UtahGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote