GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 16:28   #26
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
That's all I want from government, just to be left the **** alone. Tax me what you must but stay out of my healthcare and out of my life.
Don't you want the government to build highways, defend our shores, control inflation, print, mint, and back our currency? If the government stayed out of your life the quality of your life would deteriorate.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:31   #27
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,708


Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Don't you want the government to build highways, defend our shores, control inflation, print, mint, and back our currency? If the government stayed out of your life the quality of your life would deteriorate.

The socialist whine for wealth redistribution but when their argument fails they resort to basic government functions. Typical.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:33   #28
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Don't you want the government to build highways, defend our shores, control inflation, print, mint, and back our currency? If the government stayed out of your life the quality of your life would deteriorate.
this is hardly what obama has in store for the next 4 years....i notice you left out borders and only said shores.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:33   #29
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,708


All the while those basic government functions are being funded with debt because the leeches consume all the tax revenue
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:35   #30
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
All the while those basic government functions are being funded with debt because the leeches consume all the tax revenue
700 billion per year on welfare, 500 billion per year on national security.....you can see where their priorities are.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:46   #31
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,708


Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
700 billion per year on welfare, 500 billion per year on national security.....you can see where their priorities are.
$2 Trillion per year on welfare my friend. All revenue spent on welfare
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:49   #32
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Don't you want the government to build highways, defend our shores, control inflation, print, mint, and back our currency? If the government stayed out of your life the quality of your life would deteriorate.
No, I don't.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:51   #33
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
1/2 the "eggspurts' are saying the Republicans should be more like the Democrats. the other 1/2 are saying the Republicans should have stuck more to conservative principles.


Since there are two distinctly different opinions on the suject, I have a third.

The first group can kiss my ^$$ because I roundly disagree with the "liberalization".

If you find anyone who didn't vote for Romney because they didn't think he was "Conservative enough" ask them if they are going to be happier with Obama and tell them to look me up so they can kiss my ^$$.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:52   #34
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
$2 Trillion per year on welfare my friend. All revenue spent on welfare
if you do not include social security and medicare it is just above 700 billion. this is food stamps and other welfare type hand outs.

ssi people paid in to their whole life for the most part, thats not an entitlement thats their money, medicare is paid for by retirees, this is not the same as medicaid.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 11-12-2012 at 16:54..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:58   #35
G17Jake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,135
.....................

Last edited by G17Jake; 11-12-2012 at 17:37..
G17Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:03   #36
G17Jake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
...niether of you get it. The reason you lost is because you don't appeal to women or Latinos.
Why should there be different messages based on race and gender?
G17Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:41   #37
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by G17Jake View Post
Why should there be different messages based on race and gender?
Well, when the messages being portrayed are "We hate women." And "We want to make life as tough as possible for the illegals already in our country." And Republicans need the votes of women and minorities, when the minorities tend vote based on immigration policies a lot of the time, don't you think the messages need to be different?
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:52   #38
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed
 
barbedwiresmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: "Our side of the barbed wire"
Posts: 9,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Don't you want the government to build highways, defend our shores, control inflation, print, mint, and back our currency? If the government stayed out of your life the quality of your life would deteriorate.
More sarcastic wit from GTPI? Or are you serious?
__________________
www.barbedwiresmile.wordpress.com

"The plans differ; the planners are all alike." - Bastiat
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:55   #39
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,708


Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
if you do not include social security and medicare it is just above 700 billion. this is food stamps and other welfare type hand outs.

ssi people paid in to their whole life for the most part, thats not an entitlement thats their money, medicare is paid for by retirees, this is not the same as medicaid.
Uh no. It's all the same money. If it was their money, it would be their money.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:56   #40
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
this is hardly what obama has in store for the next 4 years....i notice you left out borders and only said shores.
OK, borders and shores. Happy now? The point was that all of us depend on the government for something.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:59   #41
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,708


Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
OK, borders and shores. Happy now? The point was that all of us depend on the government for something.
The difference is you people depend on it for everything
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:08   #42
evlbruce
Senior Member
 
evlbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
The socialist whine for wealth redistribution but when their argument fails they resort to basic government functions. Typical.
More importantly they wave a fraction of total expenditure around and think it justifies the other 90% of FedGov spending.
__________________
Big Brother is Watching You.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzi
evlbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:26   #43
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,708


Quote:
Originally Posted by evlbruce View Post
More importantly they wave a fraction of total expenditure around and think it justifies the other 90% of FedGov spending.
Well put
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:36   #44
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
If conservatives are so sick and tired, why did they nominate Romney?
They didn't. Conservatives are on the short end of the stick in the RNC because its controlled by moderate semi-RINO's who seem to think that hard core conservatism is too tough for the masses and try to water it down to attract people who end up going with the leftists who play Santa Claus with the public dole. Except the Dems offer to give them the whole hog and not just a cut.

When you're a true american, a tough, business starting, go it alone, pioneering type willing to take risks and stand on your own two feet, thats how things get done. Businesses get built, progress is made that way. You don't want government doing anything that you can do for yourself.

Others, not so much. Lazy, demanding help, their votes go to the party that offers handouts and says we're here to help you. That's the American Left.

The Establishment REpublicans are trying to play both sides of the street and more often than not, they fail at it. The key turn was to leave behind Reagan's highly successful conservatism and that started with GHWBush's "kindler and gentler" nonsense. There was nothing unkind about all the millionaires created by RR's conservatism. GHWB started pushing the govt left, except he didn't need to do it at all, and he went too far instead of just a little.
__________________
Avenge me...AVENGE ME!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z2d4IxltHJ...on%26Fence.png

Last edited by G29Reload; 11-12-2012 at 18:40..
G29Reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:50   #45
G17Jake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Well, when the messages being portrayed are "We hate women." And "We want to make life as tough as possible for the illegals already in our country." And Republicans need the votes of women and minorities, when the minorities tend vote based on immigration policies a lot of the time, don't you think the messages need to be different?
Who is saying that and what is the basis for it?
G17Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:59   #46
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member
 
FLIPPER 348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Bend Oregon
Posts: 21,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by G17Jake View Post
Why should there be different messages based on race and gender?

Because you might want to actually win a Presidential election.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 20:05   #47
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,708


Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Well, when the messages being portrayed are "We hate women."
Democrats hate unborn babies.

See how that works?
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 20:06   #48
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by G17Jake View Post
Who is saying that and what is the basis for it?
The fact that it's one of the republican/pro-life ideals? People have been saying forever that abortions are horrible things, they're murdering unborn children, and they want to outlaw abortions. They want to take the choice away from women, and they want the government to do it, even though they keep claiming they want small government and less government, because that's also a republican ideal.

Who hasn't been saying it?

Saying Romney wants to ban all abortions, except for cases of rape or incest. Which takes away the option for women to have abortions from unwanted pregnancy. Which pisses off women. It's their body, let them do with it as they will.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...b829_blog.html

This one says that Romney supports abortion in the cases of rape, incest, or if the mother's life is in danger, but not in any other cases, and that Ryan doesn't support it. It also states that he claims he won't seek any legislation on abortion if he got elected.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-in-new-tv-ad/

But with Romney flip-flopping so much back and forth on so many different issues, depending on who his audience was, who can ever truly know what Romney might or might not have done if he had been elected?

This one talks about how he used to be pro-choice, and then switched to pro-life when he wanted seats of higher power.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-and-abortion/

And that moron Mourdock certainly didn't help the view women have on the republican party, and how the republican party doesn't view women as equals.

Basically, Republicans seem to want to control a woman's body, even though they have absolutely no right trying to do so, and it really pisses off women. So it's no surprise that women don't want to vote Republican when doing so means the Republicans will force their ideals about women and women's bodies onto women who want to be able to make their own decisions about what goes on with their body. It's just stupid. It's their body, let them do with it whatever the hell they want.

But the one fact that people keep skipping over, is the fact that most republicans seem to be against abortions, most democrats seem to be for abortions. So who do you think is getting the abortions? I bet it's the democrats. What does that mean? LESS DEMOCRATS. I'm honestly surprised the Republicans are so against abortions. I always figured they'd be for it even more so than the democrats, even if they never get abortions themselves, because it would mean less competition. And with as crappy as the republicans are running their party, they really need as much as help as they can get to get less votes for the democrats.

Last edited by TK-421; 11-12-2012 at 20:10..
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 20:10   #49
G17Jake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
The fact that it's one of the republican/pro-life ideals? People have been saying forever that abortions are horrible things, they're murdering unborn children, and they want to outlaw abortions. They want to take the choice away from women, and they want the government to do it, even though they keep claiming they want small government and less government, because that's also a republican ideal.

Who hasn't been saying it?

Saying Romney wants to ban all abortions, except for cases of rape or incest. Which takes away the option for women to have abortions from unwanted pregnancy. Which pisses off women. It's their body, let them do with it as they will.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...b829_blog.html

This one says that Romney supports abortion in the cases of rape, incest, or if the mother's life is in danger, but not in any other cases, and that Ryan doesn't support it. It also states that he claims he won't seek any legislation on abortion if he got elected.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-in-new-tv-ad/

But with Romney flip-flopping so much back and forth on so many different issues, depending on who his audience was, who can ever truly know what Romney might or might not have done if he had been elected?

This one talks about how he used to be pro-choice, and then switched to pro-life when he wanted seats of higher power.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-and-abortion/

And that moron Mourdock certainly didn't help the view women have on the republican party, and how the republican party doesn't view women as equals.
Somewhere in there it says Republicans hate women?
G17Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 20:12   #50
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,708


Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
The fact that it's one of the republican/pro-life ideals? People have been saying forever that abortions are horrible things, they're murdering unborn children, and they want to outlaw abortions. They want to take the choice away from women, and they want the government to do it, even though they keep claiming they want small government and less government, because that's also a republican ideal.

Who hasn't been saying it?

Saying Romney wants to ban all abortions, except for cases of rape or incest. Which takes away the option for women to have abortions from unwanted pregnancy. Which pisses off women. It's their body, let them do with it as they will.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...b829_blog.html

This one says that Romney supports abortion in the cases of rape, incest, or if the mother's life is in danger, but not in any other cases, and that Ryan doesn't support it. It also states that he claims he won't seek any legislation on abortion if he got elected.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-in-new-tv-ad/

But with Romney flip-flopping so much back and forth on so many different issues, depending on who his audience was, who can ever truly know what Romney might or might not have done if he had been elected?

This one talks about how he used to be pro-choice, and then switched to pro-life when he wanted seats of higher power.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-and-abortion/

And that moron Mourdock certainly didn't help the view women have on the republican party, and how the republican party doesn't view women as equals.
The fact of the matter is that Planned Parenthood was founded to get rid of society's undesirables (read minorities) before they exited the womb. It was part of the whole racial purification movement of the early 20th century.

Why do democrats hate minorities so much that they'd prefer to kill their children and/or keep them enslaved to the state if they somehow manage to slip past the abortion safety net?

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 11-12-2012 at 20:13..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:50.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,113
354 Members
759 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42