Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-14-2012, 14:41   #1
freezetime

Range Report - Gen4 19.

I finally got back to the range with my new gen4 19 this afternoon with a friend from work. We put about 250 rounds through it. and it ran very well. We mostly shot winchester white box, but also some Blazer, American Eagle, Fiocchi and UMC that I had leftover from my first trip.

Today I went back to work on my grip and to continue observations on the ejection patterns. I experienced NO failures to extract or fire in about 250 rounds total. I did have 3 or 4 BTF running the winchester out of ~110 shots with it. 2 of them came from shooting the gun one handed(I shot one 15rd mag this way just to get a feel for what it was like).

Overall, with better ammo this gun runs great. It has all of the latest part numbers(test fired in may 2012) and since this is not and EDC, I am ok with running a bit better ammo most of the time. I have 100 rounds of winchester left for my next range trip, and after that I am going to start buying speer lawman, blazer, or other higher quality ammo in bulk online and will be steering clear of UMC and WWB as they do seem to eject to the face sometimes.

Down the line I may consider upgrading to some of the aftermarket parts available to help fix this problem, but for now I'll only be shooting 200-300 rounds a month and it runs great on ammo that, for me, is worth a few extra pennies to shoot.

Cant wait to get back soon and finish off this winchester, and I'll let you guys know how that goes.
freezetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 15:19   #2
Sid Nitzerglobin

Glad to hear.

After getting the ejector replaced on my early production G17 Gen 4 the bulk UMC 124gr FMJ seemed to work just fine for me. I had maybe one casing hit me in the bill of the cap in 100 rounds of it and 1 from 70 rounds of Federal AE 124gr FMJ, everything else came out strong to the right. No issues at all w/ FTE/stovepipes and only had one problem feeding the first round from a new 33 round mag (which I'm writing off to the mag). Still haven't had a chance to try it w/ weaker ammo though.

Last edited by Sid Nitzerglobin; 11-14-2012 at 15:21..
Sid Nitzerglobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 17:18   #3
Bruce M

It will be interesting to hear how well it functions after the first thousand rounds or so. Hopefully it gets better or at least not any worse.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 18:51   #4
freezetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
It will be interesting to hear how well it functions after the first thousand rounds or so. Hopefully it gets better or at least not any worse.

I agree. Its got about 415 rounds through it so far, so just barely breaking in now. I'm learning the trigger break, and it is starting to loosen up a bit. Been fun so far, and a good pick up.

I also put 50 rounds through my .38 revolver today. Cant hit the broadside of a barn with it, but it sure is fun to shoot.
freezetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 18:58   #5
bunk22

Very nice. I have around 1500 rounds through my Gen G19 and get occasional BTF with cheaper ammo though I put 100 rounds through it the other day, had one BTF and it was a Speer Gold 124 +p

bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 19:08   #6
bac1023

Very cool

Thanks for the report.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote