GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-15-2012, 16:01   #21
jamaicanj

Move the pistol forward of the hip. Have you tried a dedicated appendix carry holster so that you can wear it up front and not have to worry about printing from the rear when you slouch, sit or bend over?
Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
Glock Certified Armorer & GSSF Member
jamaicanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 16:55   #22
Bruce M

Carry Issues
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 18:23   #23
2740dmx

I find that the natural curved shape of a revolver grip hides much more easily......

But I carry A pretty large Sig P220 under untucked button-down shirts.......

solid gun belt, reliable holster design that rides just behind the hip with serious forward cant (TT Gunleather "Mike's Special")
Old 11-15-2012, 18:33   #24
dosei

Ditch the +2 extension and move the gun counterclockwise on you waist (if you are right handed) until mild bends do not print....and learn to squat down unstead of bending over.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 21:12   #25
fla2760

Appendix carry works for me. I ccw a Glock 27 with the pearce +0 grip extension.

Last edited by fla2760; 11-15-2012 at 21:13..
fla2760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:14   #26
CitizenOfDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Carry Issues
That shirt is a weapon on its own.
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:31   #27
xcaliburelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
That shirt is a weapon on its own.
What? I can't hear you. That shirt's too loud.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:43   #28
Pierre!
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla2760 View Post
Appendix carry works for me. I ccw a Glock 27 with the pearce +0 grip extension.
+100

And - It fixed my back problems... G26 is perfect for appendix carry for me, till my wife 'borrowed' it...

Now it's a G27 or G30.

Not too often I do a 'full backbend' anymore (never could anyway) so not alot of concern with printing these days.

I use the UncleMike's 'Softie' Size 12 it says.

Enjoy the pain free back! Just one of many benefits!

Patrick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Download YOUR copy of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

My Gift to You, AND it's >FREE<
Pierre! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:04   #29
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Wear the gun in front of your hip and use a standard magazine.

Regards,
Happyguy
Agreed!
Old 11-16-2012, 14:34   #30
bfsmith7

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhic View Post
I guess my first thought is: Why carry a G26 if you're gonna use 2X extensions? The 26 is made for concealment but, IMO, you defeat the intent by adding that grip length. I'd get some GAP floorplates and use the 10rd mags.

Or just carry a G19 or other larger pistol.
That seems to be the opinion of a lot of people on the matter, but if you actually compare side-by-side a G19 with standard mag and a G26 with the +2, you'll find that there is a significant difference in size. So for the person who wants something smaller than the 19, but wants somewhere to put their pinky or wants a few more rounds, the G26 with +2 can be a nice compromise.
That being said, I think using a standard mag, as many have suggested, would help my problem immensely. I'm just not sure if I feel comfortable with gripping the gun without somewhere for my pinky. Gonna have to do a little more shooting and handling with the standard mag in.
And to those who say not to worry about it, I'm really not worried about a little printing, but it was BAD. I adjusted the holster for a little more cant and that helped but it was still very noticeable.
Also, thanks everyone for your suggestions. I wish I could move it further forward but I'm a pretty thin guy, and any further forward would make the back of the slide stick out in front of my stomach.
bfsmith7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 14:35   #31
JerryVO

Best piece of advice here is increase the cant. If that still does not work switch to GAP or standard floor plates to lose some bulk. I CC with shorts and a T-Shirt in Florida most of the year. Don't listen to people that tell you that you have to dress like a tourist in Hawaii or a baggy shirt slob to CC well.

JerryVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 15:47   #32
SCmasterblaster

Are there strict brandishing laws in your state? If not, I wouldn't worry about printing. If anyone asks what it is, just tell them that it is a medical device.
Old 11-17-2012, 16:36   #33
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

Poor concealment is sloppy, and you're right to worry about it. Change garments, weapon position, or sizing.
Old 11-17-2012, 17:01   #34
Kentguy

jopela..."I CC with shorts and a T-Shirt in Florida most of the year. Don't listen to people that tell you that you have to dress like a tourist in Hawaii or a baggy shirt slob to CC well."

I have yet to have anyone ask or even point out that I have a weapon on me. Up here in NE Ohio or summers get pretty hot and shorts & tee shirts are stand dress for those days. Most people are't even aware that you are carrying - and that's the way it should be.

If you are printing enough for people to notice either your close are way too tight or your weapon is too large for a CC.
Old 11-17-2012, 17:15   #35
moedi

I have a Raven Concealment holster and was experiencing a similar issue with my G23. I felt like the holster was holding the pistol up higher on my side than other IWB holsters I have had in the past. I was using the soft loops so there was not really a way to seat the holster lower than it already was so I switched to the tuckable j-hooks and with them you can lower the whole holster by putting it on the higher "rivets."

(http://www.ravenconcealment.com/quic...ckable-j-hooks)

And I guess you could even use different levels of the rivets to adjust the cant that way.

Last edited by moedi; 11-18-2012 at 15:04..
moedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 17:26   #36
greenLED

Wearing slightly oversize shirts works pretty well too.

greenLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 17:39   #37
Kentguy

Moedi,

Most of the year I use a Crossbreed holster for my G26, I have worn it so often now the leather fits like a fine glove. It sits low and I have to make a real deliberate move to draw with it. But that seem to be the trade off with holsters.

I have one other leather holster some years back now but it never did seem to break in just right for me. I like this Crossbreed style with either my G19 or G26

http://crossbreedholsters.com/

Good luck & be safe
Old 11-17-2012, 17:58   #38
moedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentguy View Post
Moedi,

Most of the year I use a Crossbreed holster for my G26, I have worn it so often now the leather fits like a fine glove. It sits low and I have to make a real deliberate move to draw with it. But that seem to be the trade off with holsters.

I have one other leather holster some years back now but it never did seem to break in just right for me. I like this Crossbreed style with either my G19 or G26

http://crossbreedholsters.com/

Good luck & be safe
Kentguy,

I have used the supertuck before and think it is great. I was just trying to give the OP a little bit of my experience with the Raven Concealment Phantom holster and give him a better way of wearing it IWB since he expressed concern about not changing his holster or gun.
moedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 18:06   #39
Kentguy

Moedi...
Old 11-18-2012, 14:01   #40
SCmasterblaster

OK, try Bianchi Holsters

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/