Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-23-2012, 21:44   #1
bigmoney890

Suppressors- What are you working with?

Not in the market anytime soon, but there are so many options with all of the companies saying that their sound suppression is about the same, i'm not sure who to start researching first. I'm sure all suppressors are not created equal, so what are you using and if you have any data on the actual suppression or videos, post 'em up

ETA: All calibers included, not just the almight 5.56

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bigmoney890; 10-23-2012 at 21:45..
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 21:53   #2
FnKev

I'm using an AAC SDN-6. All inconel baffles and one of the best suppressors for multi-caliber use. Don't wait, get one now! My only regret was waiting as long as I did.

Free Fire Zone

FnKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 21:59   #3
bigmoney890

If I was able to, i'd get one now, but it's just not in the budget right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-23-2012, 22:24   #4
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

I have an AAC 762-SD and Prodigy. Both do the job but are priced too high compared to comparable competitors suppressors.
Old 10-23-2012, 23:02   #5
bigmoney890

What competitors are you talking about?

Old 10-23-2012, 23:05   #6
DustyJacket
Directiv 10-289

Try researching at silencertalk.com

There is a gob of stuff available for the searching.
Old 10-23-2012, 23:29   #7
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
What competitors are you talking about?
Thompson Machine, Huntertown Arms, Gemtech, Silencerco, AWC, SWR, YHM...
Old 10-24-2012, 01:17   #8
PlasticGuy

I have a strong preference for quick detach suppressors. I chose Surefire for both my 5.56 and my 7.62 cans, but a very convincing argument can be made for AAC. Neither option is cheap, but I view suppressors as lifetime investments.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:45   #9
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Surefire Mini

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:59   #10
bigmoney890

Surefire is on the upper end price wise, so IF I get a suppressor, it most likely won't be a surefire one

Old 10-24-2012, 09:26   #11
FnKev

I agree with what PlasticGuy said. I also looked at my suppressor purchase as a lifetime investment. I'm not telling you to go with the Surefire, but make sure you go with what best suits your needs and what you really want. Over a lifetime, a few hundred bucks saved is nothing. I waited and saved a little longer to go the route of AAC instead of pursing a lower cost option. But in the end, just make sure you get exactly what you want, no matter what brand it might be. You cant just change your mind and sell it off real quick to get another can if you have buyers remorse, it'll just cost you way more in fees in the long run.

FnKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:18   #12
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member

I have a YHM 7.62 Phantom Titanium and YHM Mite .22 and they both do their jobs well. The Ti Phantoms have been excellent for my buddies and I (we have 4 between us). I run the Phantom on 7.62, .243, and 5.56 guns. The Mite is a little more high maintenance than some other .22 cans (have to take it apart while warm or it will get stuck together) but I bought it on a whim and it does a good job for me. I can't hear the difference between it and other .22 cans that my buddies have. People can argue decibel levels all day but the only way to know for sure is to run them side by side in person.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:50   #13
ak103k

I have an AAC M4-2000 and like it very much. I can easily switch it between a couple of guns, and I can shoot without ear protection, even from within my carport, something I cant even do with a .22 LR.

While it does knock off about 95% of the muzzle blast, you still get the sonic crack of the round going down range, and its not "movie" quiet. Now, with my little AAC Eco9 on my Glock 17, and 147 grain Rangers, I can shoot that in the carport, and my kid, whos room/window is right off it, thought I "dropped" something.

Well, actually, he was right in one respect, I did drop "something".

Zeitgeist - Addendum
ak103k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:52   #14
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

I run an AAC M4-2K on my setup. AAC 7.62SD on my 300BLK.

Surefire is also a decent choice and is KAC. I just went for total dB reduction so thus my choices.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:06   #15
wct097

Have a Form 4 pending for an AAC 762-SDN-6 to go on my Form 1 pending 300BLK SBR.

edit: also have a YHM Mite Stainless which I find completely ineffective on my .22LR AR, but pretty good on my Ruger 22/45.

Last edited by wct097; 10-24-2012 at 12:07..
wct097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:12   #16
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wct097 View Post
Have a Form 4 pending for an AAC 762-SDN-6 to go on my Form 1 pending 300BLK SBR.

edit: also have a YHM Mite Stainless which I find completely ineffective on my .22LR AR, but pretty good on my Ruger 22/45.
What .22 AR? mine works great on my M&P15-22, 10/22, and P22.
Old 10-24-2012, 22:45   #17
TunaFisherman
Halibut Hunter

Last edited by TunaFisherman; 12-26-2012 at 21:31..
TunaFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:56   #18
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaFisherman View Post
I run YHM phantom QD 5.56 on my BCM and Gemtech g5-22 QD on M&P 15/22 and Gemtech Alpine on my .22 pistols. I like the YHM but it's HEavy that's my only complaint. Tried getting AAC but the dealers order never came thru for m4-2000.
Seriously thinking about Silencerco Saker.. Anyone using this one? The Sparrow is on my list for .22 caliber.
6 month wait on the Alpine. 7 month wait on the other two.
YHM now has Ti cans and they are awesome!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:58   #19
xXGearheadXx

I'm going to fill out the paperwork with my Class 3 this afternoon on a YHM 556 TI! I liked the weight and price on the YHM so that's what i went with. Mounts cost a lot less than competitors as well.

I ordered it from Silencershop.com. So far, they've been great to work with...i especially like the email alerts keeping you informed of where there are in the transfer process. Your mileage with your Class3 dealer who will handle your transfer to you may vary. Word of advice, handle the legwork for your Form4 yourself.(filling it out, sending it in, handing it the the CLEO for signature). I got jerked around on my first suppressor, as a result I'm still waiting for my forms from my 1st suppressor purchased mid march.

Last edited by xXGearheadXx; 10-26-2012 at 09:07..
xXGearheadXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:02   #20
Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXGearheadXx View Post
I'm going to fill out the paperwork with my Class 3 this afternoon on a YHM 556 TI. I liked the weight and price on the YHM so that's what i went with. Mounts cost a lot less than competitors as well.
My only complaint about YHM is their mounts are ugly as a mud post fence. That doesn't stop me from using them though.