Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-24-2012, 21:49   #1
Glockgeezer

Glock copper grease

I have 2 Glocks so far. I recently purchased a small bottle of Glock specific oil and one of the copper based grease for the slide. Also, in the owners manual it says not to remove the copper grease. My question is, would the copper grease hurt or help the slide rails on other makes of semi-automatic hand guns?
It seems some guns are sensitive to too much or too little oil/grease on their slide rails and I've never seen a copper based lube on any other guns. Since Glocks are IMHO the most reliable of any semi's, maybe it's the grease.
Glockgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:14   #2
TMNKWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockgeezer View Post
Since Glocks are IMHO the most reliable of any semi's, maybe it's the grease.
If that were the case, I think every Taurus would be shipped with a tanker full of the stuff.
TMNKWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:41   #3
cciman

That "copper" base lube is just copper anti-seize paste, found in any auto parts store, or machine shop. By itself, anti seize paste is not the best lube, it just prevents metal galling.

It does not need to stay on, over time it will come off.

Any lube will do, motor oil is the best. Glocks are such by intelligent, simple design, not because of the lubricant.
cciman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:20   #4
unclebob

Like what already has been stated the Anti-seize is only there for guns that were bought like military or police departments and are put in long term storage. The anti-seize is no longer needed or desired. Unless I messed it somewhere, there is nothing in the Glock manual that says to replace the anti-seize. When I get a new Glock that is one of the first things that is removed. Any good firearm lubricant will work. There are 5 places to be lubed and then using very little lube on those locations. A Glock is not a drip lube firearm.
In 14 years of shooting 100+ GSSF matches I have never seen a Glock Armorer replace the Anti- seize.
GSSF Life Member
Old 11-26-2012, 15:35   #5
cciman

It looks special and unique though, and therefore must be good Like the spoiler on the back of your car trunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebob View Post
Like what already has been stated the Anti-seize is only there for guns that were bought like military or police departments and are put in long term storage. The anti-seize is no longer needed or desired. Unless I messed it somewhere, there is nothing in the Glock manual that says to replace the anti-seize. When I get a new Glock that is one of the first things that is removed. Any good firearm lubricant will work. There are 5 places to be lubed and then using very little lube on those locations. A Glock is not a drip lube firearm.
In 14 years of shooting 100+ GSSF matches I have never seen a Glock Armorer replace the Anti- seize.

Last edited by cciman; 11-26-2012 at 15:36..
cciman is offline   Reply With Quote