Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-24-2012, 19:01   #1
mrvtwin80

New Gun Shop in Tampa

This place is the size of a Walmart Supper Center and it has an indoor range also.Great prices too,my son just bought a new model 23 for $549 and all guns new or used come with a lifetime warranty!

http://www.shootersworld.com/
mrvtwin80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 19:54   #2
GunHo198

Been there a few times.

Yes it is a Great looking place. Since all the media hype, they sold out of pretty much all high capacity mags this past week. But I was there Sunday to get some assessories. I went to the center register and got stuck behind a "Chatty" woman filling out a membership forum. Why it takes two employees to help her is beyond me. A large line formed behind me, and my son and I decided to walk over to the handgun side as there are 15 employees behind the counter with 10 registers. As I patiently waited at the register while the people behind the counter were talking to a customer, all of a sudden they all started to walk away. I asked them if there was SOMEONE who could ring me up. They said IF i could find a register without a line they would take me, or I could use the register in the center of the store. I looked around at all the registers and No One was at them. All there employees were standing around either talking amongst themselves or chatting with people on the floor. So I went back to the center register and it's long line. Finally the girl was done filling out her membership and the line started to move again. When it got to the guy in front of me he asked about a membership and the madness started again. Tossed my merchandise on the counter and said I didn't need it THAT bad. We drove to Shoot Straight and they were happy to take my money.

I understand they are a new store. But they are way over staffed with people that can't work a register and there are more cars in the parking lot than paying customers. Or at least customers that are trying to pay...

Sent them an E-mail and never heard back from them.

Last edited by GunHo198; 12-24-2012 at 19:54..
GunHo198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 22:50   #3
mrvtwin80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
Been there a few times.

Yes it is a Great looking place. Since all the media hype, they sold out of pretty much all high capacity mags this past week. But I was there Sunday to get some assessories. I went to the center register and got stuck behind a "Chatty" woman filling out a membership forum. Why it takes two employees to help her is beyond me. A large line formed behind me, and my son and I decided to walk over to the handgun side as there are 15 employees behind the counter with 10 registers. As I patiently waited at the register while the people behind the counter were talking to a customer, all of a sudden they all started to walk away. I asked them if there was SOMEONE who could ring me up. They said IF i could find a register without a line they would take me, or I could use the register in the center of the store. I looked around at all the registers and No One was at them. All there employees were standing around either talking amongst themselves or chatting with people on the floor. So I went back to the center register and it's long line. Finally the girl was done filling out her membership and the line started to move again. When it got to the guy in front of me he asked about a membership and the madness started again. Tossed my merchandise on the counter and said I didn't need it THAT bad. We drove to Shoot Straight and they were happy to take my money.

I understand they are a new store. But they are way over staffed with people that can't work a register and there are more cars in the parking lot than paying customers. Or at least customers that are trying to pay...

Wow that sucks,no matter how nice or Big your store is you better have good customer handling because those customers will make or break you.I will never step foot in Popeye's chicken and I will NEVER BUY FROM SIG AGAIN!
mrvtwin80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 00:21   #4
GunHo198

Don't get me wrong. It really is a nice range. But the staff is new and with all that's going on in the industry the place in my opinion is a cluster.

The first weekend it was open, my son and I was in the Tactical section waiting to buy some sure fire batteries. (If I go in I gotta buy SOMETHING) And one of the sales guys behind the counter was talking to 2 kids. After awhile the kids said thanks but we are just looking today. Then the clerk looks at me and says I'll be right with you. But then he follows the kids over to another display case. A Few minutes later the walk off and the clerk finally comes over to me. I told him I wanted a box of batteries. And he says great choice then proceeds to tell me how great they are. Made in America! Shelf life of 14 years! I said thanks and went to pay him, but he says they can't ring anything up in tactical, and I have to go across the store to the handgun section to cash out. WTF? My 15 year old son says duhh... We already know how good the batteries are. That's why we are getting them!?...

Last edited by GunHo198; 12-25-2012 at 00:23..
Old 01-04-2013, 11:25   #5
mustang6112
Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
Been there a few times.

Funny, that's how it's been in Shoot Straight every time I've been in there....

"Im a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf. The sheep hate the sheepdog. He looks like the wolf and has a capacity for violence.
mustang6112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:29   #6
GunHo198

Not going to deny that. Went there the other day and there shelves were empty. Even the web gear shelves. Pretty much all they have to sell are shotguns. They had two .50 cal's sitting on a shelf in the middle of the store and when I pulled out my iPhone to take a pic of my son next to them, a sales clerk runs across the store and yells that we can't take pictures in the store. We left right after that.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by GunHo198; 01-04-2013 at 12:31..
Old 01-04-2013, 19:33   #7
bushhogg

Oh Boy, a GUN SELLIN K-MART......cant get anyone to service the customers
bushhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 19:49   #8
KennyFSU
What to wear...

Nice store and very nice indoor 100 yd rifle range with cameras so you can view your target from your position.

They also have steel match but you have to buy their frangible ammo for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KennyFSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 20:16   #9
The Fed

I'll call them tomorrow to see if they have a G26-4 and can give me a price over the phone. And I'll pass along the comments here to the owner.

Last edited by The Fed; 01-04-2013 at 21:12..
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:06   #10
GunHo198

My best recommendation to help them out is, set aside people to do memberships and other people to do speedy check outs. I know they make good money off the memberships, but there pissing people off that just want to pay and get out. Both shops could bennifitt from that. I know there busy with all the panic buying, but when I go into a gunshop I at least spend $50. And when I'm ready to go, I'm ready to go. I've had issues with my buddies that like to hang out in dive bars for 5-6 hours during the day. And I just can't do that. I'm like a shark, I gotta keep moving or I'll die. So I try to always take two cars so when I'm done and want to leave I can. If I can't I start to freak out!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by GunHo198; 01-05-2013 at 01:38..