Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-28-2012, 16:17   #61
Vic Hays

Matthew 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Matthew 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 16:19   #62
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Vic, how does that relate to the subject under discussion?
Japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 17:59   #63
Brasso

Quote:
The text reads, “this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done”, not “till all these things be done, this generation will not pass”.
Are you kidding me?

I had to delete this. I refuse to discuss this with you any longer. If you can't comprehend basic english then there is no basis for a dialogue.

Please get a dictionary and study the word "till".
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 11-28-2012 at 18:08..
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 18:29   #64
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Quote:
Your words in post #59:
I'm still confused as to what you mean.

"...till all these things be done, this generation will not pass..."
You're the one who screwed it up. Don't blame me.
Old 11-28-2012, 20:09   #65
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japle View Post
Vic, how does that relate to the subject under discussion?
This is a thread that I started. It has drifted off topic.

What I posted has to do with the obliviousness that most people regard the signs of the times.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Old 11-28-2012, 21:52   #66
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Okay, Vic. If you say so.
Old 11-29-2012, 22:16   #67
Vic Hays

When the third angel’s message closes, mercy no longer pleads for the guilty inhabitants of the earth. The people of God have accomplished their work. They have received “the latter rain,” “the refreshing from the presence of the Lord,” and they are prepared for the trying hour before them. Angels are hastening to and fro in Heaven. An angel returning from the earth announces that his work is done; the final test has been brought upon the world, and all who have proved themselves loyal to the divine precepts have received “the seal of the living God.” [See appendix, note 13.] Then Jesus ceases his intercession in the sanctuary above. He lifts his hands, and with a loud voice says, “It is done;” and all the angelic host lay off their crowns as he makes the solemn announcement: “He that is unjust, let him be unjust still; and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still; and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still; and he that is holy, let him be holy still.” [Revelation 22:11.] Every case has been decided for life or death. Christ has made the atonement for his people, and blotted out their sins. The number of his subjects is made up; “the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven,” is about to be given to the heirs of salvation, and Jesus is to reign as King of kings, and Lord of lords. – {GC88 613.2}

Old 11-30-2012, 10:31   #68
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
When the third angel’s message closes, mercy no longer pleads for the guilty inhabitants of the earth. The people of God have accomplished their work. They have received “the latter rain,” “the refreshing from the presence of the Lord,” and they are prepared for the trying hour before them. Angels are hastening to and fro in Heaven. An angel returning from the earth announces that his work is done; the final test has been brought upon the world, and all who have proved themselves loyal to the divine precepts have received “the seal of the living God.” [See appendix, note 13.] Then Jesus ceases his intercession in the sanctuary above. He lifts his hands, and with a loud voice says, “It is done;” and all the angelic host lay off their crowns as he makes the solemn announcement: “He that is unjust, let him be unjust still; and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still; and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still; and he that is holy, let him be holy still.” [Revelation 22:11.] Every case has been decided for life or death. Christ has made the atonement for his people, and blotted out their sins. The number of his subjects is made up; “the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven,” is about to be given to the heirs of salvation, and Jesus is to reign as King of kings, and Lord of lords. – {GC88 613.2}
Copied and pasted from the book of Ellen White, Vic you are such a good sheeple.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:40   #69
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
Copied and pasted from the book of Ellen White, Vic you are such a good sheeple.
Thank you. The credit is at the end of the quotation. The Great Controversy is a really good commentary of the Bible.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:47   #70
Vic Hays

Even now the last events are being fulfilled. While societies are becoming more secular an attempt is being made by satan to bring the world under his control.

With rapid steps we are approaching this period. When Protestant churches shall unite with the secular power to sustain a false religion, for opposing which their ancestors endured the fiercest persecution, then will the papal sabbath be enforced by the combined authority of church and state. There will be a national apostasy, which will end only in national ruin.—Manuscript 51, 1899. – {Ev 235.1}

Old 11-30-2012, 11:48   #71
neon

Japle

I believe the Bible means the last generation to exist before the Lord returns. Since no one knows, not even Jesus knew when the he would return. He had to have meant the last generation before he returns.

The Bible is a book about the Jews. Jesus was a Jew and the Jewish people have always been God's chosen people. Jesus was to die for our sins. We should be thankful that he did.

Molly

+++
Psalm 27:14
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: Wait, I say, on the Lord.

Last edited by neon; 11-30-2012 at 11:52..
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:54   #72
Vic Hays

For those who think a universal Sunday law is absurd;

https://my.barackobama.com/page/comm...Tritium/gG5ngR

It surely is being talked about as a good thing. It makes me wonder what is wrong with the day that God himself appointed.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:57   #73
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Japle

I believe the Bible means the last generation to exist before the Lord returns. Since no one knows, not even Jesus knew when the he would return. He had to have meant the last generation before he returns.

The Bible is a book about the Jews. Jesus was a Jew and the Jewish people have always been God's chosen people. Jesus was to die for our sins. We should be thankful that he did.

Molly

+++
Psalm 27:14
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: Wait, I say, on the Lord.
So Jesus meant that the last generation to exist before he returns will be the last generation to exists before he returns?
Isn't that pretty obvious? Why would Jesus say that and why would it be part of the Bible.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:15   #74
neon

muscogee
So Jesus meant that the last generation to exist before he returns will be the last generation to exists before he returns?
Isn't that pretty obvious? Why would Jesus say that and why would it be part of the Bible.

Answer:Molly:
Yes, it is obvious. He said it because people even then wanted to know when the end would come. IMHO we should worry more about our own lives and how we are living. Instead of the end times, because we could walk in front of a buss and it would be the end of our life on this earth.

Molly

+++
Romans 13:11and12
"Wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed."
Old 11-30-2012, 12:25   #75
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Quote:
Posted by Neon:
You say that now, because Jesus' prophesy didn’t come true. You need some way to explain that your lord and savior made a claim that turned out to be false.

As muscogee said, your interpretation doesn’t make sense.
Old 11-30-2012, 17:40   #76
neon

Japle

You say that now, because Jesus' prophesy didn’t come true. You need some way to explain that your lord and savior made a claim that turned out to be false.

As muscogee said, your interpretation doesn’t make sense.

Answer:Molly
No, I said it will come true when Jesus returns. Since you don't believe it will take longer.

Why are you so sad?

Molly

+++
Romans 1:19
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.
Old 11-30-2012, 18:16   #77
Brasso

I don't understand why you guys, who appear to be otherwise intelligent, have so much trouble with simple English.

Israel will not pass away. He tells them this to reassure them. Terrible times are coming, both immediately, and in the future. They will make it. Millions were killed in 70a.d.

Secondly, while the prophecy does appear to be speaking of the immediate future, He immediately talks about the fig tree blossoming. The fig tree is Israel. This didn't happen at that time. It couldn't have as Israel didn't become a nation again until 1948. It is a dual prophecy.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 11-30-2012 at 18:16..
Old 11-30-2012, 18:37   #78
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
It couldn't have as Israel didn't become a nation again until 1948. It is a dual prophecy.
Which is why he must have meant it that way, right? Because that's what happened. Ever wonder why all these prophecies are only ever clear in hindsight?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Geko45; 11-30-2012 at 18:43..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 19:18   #79
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Which is why he must have meant it that way, right? Because that's what happened. Ever wonder why all these prophecies are only ever clear in hindsight?
I never could understand why Jesus didn't say what he meant instead of talking in riddles.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 20:14   #80
Brasso

He spoke in riddles so you would seek the meaning. That builds faith.