Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-26-2012, 23:06   #1
M2 Carbine

I haven't said this in a while.........

........and I think it's about time to say it again.

In Jan 2003, Friday night my Wife was feeling fine. We were talking about the Super Bowl.
Saturday morning She was unconscious in intensive care where she died a few days later.

One of the things that really hurts and bothers me is I couldn't tell her how much she had meant to me and tell her good by.

Since then, every chance I get I tell people, Don't hardly let a day pass that you don't tell those close to you how much they mean to you. I don't mean just a quick , "I Love You" as you hang up the phone but sometimes really tell them how they light up your life.

This was very graphically shown a couple weeks ago.
There's about a half dozen felows that hang out at the small local gun store most every morning.
One of the men was a real life old time Montana cowboy, called Mel. Interesting fellow and a lot of fun to talk to.

A couple weeks ago, as always he shook the store manager's hand on the way out the door. He said, "I see you tomorrow".
The manager said, "If God's willing and we both are alive I'll see you in the morning".

The next morning Mel while heading to the gun store had a heart attack. He ran off the road and through a couple fences and into a metal church building, just mising a woman inside. Mel was probably dead before he left the road.

When the store manager called me to tell me about Mel, the first thing that went through my mind was,
I hope yesterday Mel and his Wife had expressed their love for each other and Mel's boy had told him how proud he was of his Dad.

Remember you aren't guaranteed tomorrow or the day after to tell someone how you feel.

I miss Mel.
M2 Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 23:10   #2
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

My condolences sir all they away across the board. We all to often fail to express to those we love just how much they mean to us and all to often never get the chance.

This story really hits home with me and I know where your coming from.

Prayers are sent my friend.

Old 11-26-2012, 23:14   #3
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 Carbine View Post

In Jan 2003, Friday night my Wife was feeling fine. We were talking about the Super Bowl.
Saturday morning She was unconscious in intensive care where she died a few days later.

One of the things that really hurts and bothers me is I couldn't tell her how much she had meant to me and tell her good by.

Since then, every chance I get I tell people, Don't hardly let a day pass that you don't tell those close to you how much they mean to you. I don't mean just a quick , "I Love You" as you hang up the phone but sometimes really tell them how they light up your life.

There's about a half dozen felows that hang out at the small local gun store most every morning.
One of the men was a real life old time Montana cowboy, called Mel. Interesting fellow and a lot of fun to talk to.

A couple weeks ago, as always he shook the store manager's hand on the way out the door. He said, "I see you tomorrow".
The manager said, "If God's willing and we both are alive I'll see you in the morning".

The next morning Mel while heading to the gun store had a heart attack. He ran off the road and through a couple fences and into a metal church building, just mising a woman inside. Mel was probably dead before he left the road.

When the store manager called me to tell me about Mel, the first thing that went through my mind was,
I hope yesterday Mel and his Wife had expressed their love for each other and Mel's boy had told him how proud he was of his Dad.

Remember you aren't guaranteed tomorrow or the day after to tell someone how you feel.

I miss Mel.
Quoted for truth. Something you have an abundance of.

I am going to call my wife.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 23:15   #4
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Happened to my uncle earlier this year. Wife went in for routine tests, they decided to keep her, and was dead the next morning. Never pass up the chance to tell loved ones how you feel.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 23:16   #5
Hines57
Simple Member

Thanks for the reminder Buck. It's very easy to get caught up in the day to day junk and forget the important things in life.
Hines57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 23:16   #6
Fulingyu

Thank you for the reminder about how no one is guaranteed tomorrow. So I will say ALOHA to all that read this.
Fulingyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 23:26   #7
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

Quote:

I miss Mel.
Your posts in regards to your wife and relationships are always poignant and on point.

Thank you!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 23:31   #8
SMOKEin

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your wife, as well as Mel's passing. I agree 100% with your post.
Old 11-26-2012, 23:33   #9
countrygun

I felt what you were saying.

I am the last of my biological family and I lost my son which compounds it. My Dad was the last to go 20 months ago.

You should always think about how many years you can wish that you had just a few more minutes with them.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 23:37   #10
G19Tony
CLM Number 3
Sneet

I sure know what you mean Buck. Sorry about your friend.

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it.

"What's the point of living the majority of your life preparing for that last little bit?"

G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 23:43   #11
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Very true and sorry to hear that!
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

8-Ball
Folsom_Prison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 23:56   #12
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Your words are so true.

My mother died of a stroke, I never got to say good bye. She left when I was 12, and found her again when I was 21. Only to lose her for good a few weeks later.

My father died in his sleep and I was living in another town so I never got a good bye for him either. Life can be sad when loved ones leave unexpectedly.

My oldest sister died on the West coast unexpectedly.

My family thinks I'm kind of silly about thing like this. I will not say "Good-bye" when we are done talking on the phone, I always say "I'll see you later". I can't take the chance.

I don't want the finality of a Good-bye, but the anticipation of I'll see you later.

I am staring my mortality in the face now.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 00:21   #13
Andy W

So true. You never know when something will happen and you'll never get to see a loved one again.

M2, if you don't mind me asking, what happened to your wife?
Andy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 00:25   #14
G26S239
NRA Patron

Wow. Your 10 year anniversary is coming soon. You make good points.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:01   #15
RayB
Retired Member

I learned as a child, that All Good Things...

Thanks, M2!

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:14   #16
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

im sorry to know you suffered then and are still tormented now.

it is food for thought....nothing should be taken for granted.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:34   #17
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

You're absolutely right, Buck. For some it's easier to tell a stranger they've brightened our day than it is to tell our loved ones what they mean to us. But I'm trying everyday to do better at this.

I just hope I'm left with enough time to tell all the asshats what I think of them before I shuffle off.

Last edited by Hamilton Burger; 11-27-2012 at 01:35..
Hamilton Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:00   #18
deadcalm4u
overkill

M2, Buck, - I've been a member here for a while but I mostly read, not really post. I have always admired your posts. Once again, your post touched me, thank you.

Last edited by deadcalm4u; 11-27-2012 at 04:03..
deadcalm4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:02   #19
Bruce H

Every morning when we wake up and every night when we go to bed. Sometimes during the day.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:07   #20
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

Sorry about to hear about your friend. You make a valid point that I have tried to live by the last few months.

stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:58   #21
Steve0853

M2....thanks for the reminder.....although I'm reminded everytime I see your avatar.
Steve0853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:43   #22
eaglefrq
NRA Member

My condolences on the loss of your wife and your friend Mel.

I try my best to let me wife know what she means to me every day. However, I need to do a better job of letting my parents, brother and sister know.

Thank you for the reminder.

Last edited by eaglefrq; 11-27-2012 at 07:43..
eaglefrq is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:07   #23
Foxterriermom

Buck, you are a jewel.
Foxterriermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:10   #24
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:

I miss Mel.

You got that right.

I'll add one more thought to chew on...

It's also worthwhile to consider if you have any apologies you need to make to someone or any "you're forgiven" that you need to think about giving to someone.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.

Last edited by HKLovingIT; 11-27-2012 at 08:34..
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:28   #25
Caver 60

M2, I completely agree with you.

A month or two before my wife and I got married well over 40 years ago, I was talking with a friend of hers. This friend had made several poor choices in marriage. She was on her third marriage and it was an 'open' marriage, (for her husband anyways) that also ended in divorce. She later died in a car crash.

But this woman gave me some advice I've never regretted. She said 'never let a day go by that you don't tell her you love her, and more importantly show it by your actions.'

Too many men are scared to express true affection IMO. I knew a man a few years ago who said, 'I told her that I loved her when I married her, and if that ever changed I'd let her know.' He's now divorced.

My wife and I are still in puppy love. Our love grows deeper every day, and we don't need a second honeymoon because we are still on our first one. Our children were raised to be the same way and they are happily married with children of their own.

Last edited by Caver 60; 11-27-2012 at 08:39..
Caver 60 is offline   Reply With Quote